Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
luvdisney77
Mouseketeer

Club level vs. standard..what is the diff?

I have never stayed club level. Always just value and mod. Considering heavily club (business).

What are the major benefits? Tell me your experiences

Thanks!!
Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/26 - 3/5/11
POP CENTURY during MVMCP!! 11/25-12/3/11:santa
So far, no trip on the horizon. Need $ and FD!
luvdisney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Check out the Concierge/Club Level Thread for all the info you could ask for.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959196
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
kapoof
DIS Veteran

we love cl!! i have been at three bc, poly, and one off site the hilton dtd. it is a very very nice treat. you get breakfast and snacks during the day plus a light lunch and dinner items, and drinks and desserts. we aren't big eaters so the food was enough for us. others might say there isn't enough food to make meals out of. plus if you want to get ressies for other places to eat a cm can make them for you right on the spot. you also will get a special key to the elevator that only the guest of the cl can go into.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Safari Queen
Now 14 miles from my happy place.

In a word, meals! We saved a fortune in food when staying CL at AKL by taking advantage of the continental breakfast, snacks, and dinner items. The finger food and soup/stew was plenty for us, and juice, pastry, cereal and yogurt was a perfect breakfast. It was nice to have CMs outside our door to help with whatever we needed, but, for us, it was all about the food!

VWL Feb 04, OKW Oct 04, SSR Oct 04, BWV Dec 04, OKW Feb 05, BCV Sep 05, BWV Oct 05, BWV Dec 05, OKW Feb 06, BWV Nov 06, BCV Jan 07, BWV & DCL Apr 07, BWV Jun 07, F&W @ BWV Oct 07, AKL & OKW Jan 08, F&W @ AKV Oct 08, BWV Jan 09, AKL Concierge Nov 09; BCV & BWV Jan 10; BWV Oct 10; BWV Jan 11; Coronado Sp/AKL - Feb 12; BWV F&W Oct 12; AKL Oct 13
NEXT: F&W, Oct 14
Safari Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
TJA
DIS Veteran

Breakfast is a given in the lounge for us almost every day - so convenient. Oatmeal, cereal, bagels, toast, danish, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. We don't care about the afternoon snacks (chips, cookies, goldfish, gummies, etc.), but if we're at the resort for an afternoon swim then we'll stop by the lounge and get some snacks plus a lot of drinks for the pool. You'll have all the pop and beer you could want, which is mainly what my DH cares about. Beer is out in the lounge from 5-7 each night, but ask the CM's if you want it at any other time of the day or night and they'll get it for you. Evening appetizers are put out from 5-7 which we certainly take advantage of. Then desserts later on which are always a fun way to end the night. For us, staying club is about convenience and my kids LOVE it as well, so it works well for our family.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
moniqueand2
Earning My Ears

A question for those who use CL for breakfast. Do you often to to Early MH?

Do you have time to eat CL and get on a bus to get to a park early enough?
moniqueand2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
DisneyTippy
Earning My Ears

Although pricey, totally worth it. We stayed at the Poly and GF and both were great, plenty of food drinks & snacks...our only issue was not having enough time to enjoy it... too busy park hopping
Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have stayed GF RPC, GF SL, YC, BC, BWI and AKL club level.

Worth it is relative. Are you going solo? Probably not going to be worth the price you will pay for the upcharge. Breakfast is cereal and pastries. If it's the only time you will use the lounge you are going to spend a lot of money for it.

It's convenient. It is relaxing. You have to put a value on these things in addition to the food offerings.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Everyone's definition of "worth" is different as it's not the same for everybody, but for us, we love CL and think it's worth it. We've stayed GF RPC, GF SL, and WL CL and although the snacks, drinks, and appetizers are great, we stay CL mostly for the convenience of the lounge. It's nice to have somewhere to go to relax other than in the room or other parts of the resort. The evening offerings aren't meant to be a replacement for meals, but can be enough for dinner depending on how one eats. I could easily make meals out of the nightly offerings, but my DH and two DSs could not, so we still make ADRs and eat a TS meal every night of our trips. Good luck deciding, but CL is a nice treat, IMO.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011

Last edited by mickeynut1; 02-06-2013 at 12:51 PM.
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
DisneyHolidayFan
DIS Veteran

Stayed at the GF concierge level in October for the first time. For us, it was definitely not worth the extra cost. Our time is spent mainly at the parks so we are not at the resort during lunch or dinner. And, breakfast at the parks is much better. The snacks served later in the evening were nothing special. Would not do again!!
DisneyHolidayFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHolidayFan
Stayed at the GF concierge level in October for the first time. For us, it was definitely not worth the extra cost. Our time is spent mainly at the parks so we are not at the resort during lunch or dinner. And, breakfast at the parks is much better. The snacks served later in the evening were nothing special. Would not do again!!
I agree.... Not with the cost... For that extra 100.00-150.00 per day, I can set up my regular room with everything and more from a grocery store and pocket 75.00-125.00 a day and have it anytime I want with better quality and quantity ...

Rooms are no different and as for the IPO, as stated above, I can do that myself 160 days out.... They can't get you anything that's book full either....

Have done CL alot years ago when offerings were better and CL was alot cheaper and discounts bigger .... Anymore it's just a rip off for what you get...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
I agree.... Not with the cost... For that extra 100.00-150.00 per day, I can set up my regular room with everything and more from a grocery store and pocket 75.00-125.00 a day and have it anytime I want with better quality and quantity ...

Rooms are no different and as for the IPO, as stated above, I can do that myself 160 days out.... They can't get you anything that's book full either....

Have done CL alot years ago when offerings were better and CL was alot cheaper and discounts bigger .... Anymore it's just a rip off for what you get...
I agree with this. We have done Club level the last two trips, and I am on the fence with the next trip. Don't get me wrong I loved Club, but from a cost stand point it's not really worth it. Our next trip we will be a Disney 11 nights, and we will have a car. The cost of Club level will cost 1250. I can easily stock our room with snacks alcohol and sodas for under 150.00 and then still have another 1100 towards food. I love club level, but I have to be very comfortable spending the extra money to enjoy it.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

I made a spread sheet and tracked what we ate/drank (rough est). It was worth it for this family of 5. We are not big breakfast eaters, cereal/ fruit or yogurt. But at least 2 coffees for the adults. Having to deal w the lines at quick service to pay $35-40 every am right off the bat was a savings.
Second-- drinks. We are not lushes (well maybe I am) but enjoy a glass or two of wine/beer. Having that glass or two in the CL saved easily $35 a day. I'm also a coffee/espresso all day girl. Those 3-4$ add right up.
Third-- being able to spread out somewhere other than the room was soooooo nice. Esp as my kids span age 2-12. The 2 older ones went to the Club to do homework while the little one would go out and play etc. And it was certainly cheaper to pay CL than upgrade to a 1 br villa.

We did not pay $150 night more, it was about $35 an night.

Hth
Heather

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #14
luvdisney77
Mouseketeer

This thread has been VERY informative and helpful!!

KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING!!
Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/26 - 3/5/11
POP CENTURY during MVMCP!! 11/25-12/3/11:santa
So far, no trip on the horizon. Need $ and FD!
luvdisney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Last September I took my brother (an adult) to Disney World. It was his first time going since he was a little kid (young enough that he really didn't remember much) and I wanted it to be VERY special so I booked us club level at the Yacht club.

I think it was worth it for us, because my brother ended up not dealing well with the heat--at all. Our last day we were supposed to go to Epcot until about 3 pm, when the Magical Express would take us back to the airport. My brother was so beat by the heat, he didn't even want to stay at Epcot after our noon lunch. He just wanted to sit somewhere in air conditioning and relax. Since we still had club lounge privileges for the day, he was able to just hang out there, in the a/c with plenty of cold drinks, wifi, tv, etc. It was really nice to have just a "place to be" where he could relax. I don't know where he could have hung out for several hours if we didn't have that--I mean, if he went to the ESPN bar or something he would have been obligated to keep buying drinks/food, which could add up.
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: