Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

Splitting at Narcoossee's

We have an ADR or our upcoming trip in March which we will be using TIW. I don't see an issue with splitting an appetizer and dessert with the table, but is it possible to split an entrée such as the lobster? Since there will be 7 of us (DH, me, DS13, DD9, DS7, DS4 & DD2), and I know my older son will want the lobster and DH will probably order either the lobster or surf & turf. So I think there will be enough food without ordering another adult entrée. Just not sure if sharing will be frowned upon with regards to entrees.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

We love appetizers and always select 2 or 3 for the table to share and experience. In so doing by the time you get to your entree, your hunger as abated so with that in mind someone at our table always shares an entree. Narcossee's has no issue with it, most restaurants in fact don't either. I've had some waiters (Le Cellier) give a bit of an attitude but in the end, as a patron, what I eat is still my choice, especially if paying OOP!

Most of the restaurants will bring you another plate!

It doesn't matter if people do it to save money or in our case, I just don't want to waste food or have to carry a doggy bag!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV

Last edited by BEASLYBOO; 02-06-2013 at 09:31 AM.
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

You put my mind at ease. I had planned on getting 3 kids meals for the 4 kids (DS4 & DD2) will split. I just didn't want to commit a faux pas with regard to splitting at a signature restaurant. Normally we wouldn't have the kids with us for "better" dining
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Harters2WDW
Mouseketeer

Glad to see you are taking younger ones there. I was thinking of getting a res for early July and wasn't sure if it would be OK for DD7 and DD3. But if you are going with four kids, I feel better!
March 2009 Coronado Springs * March 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort * August 2012 Pop Century * June 2013 Port Orleans Riverside * Thanksgiving 2013 All-Star Movies * July 2014 All-Star Sports * March 2015 Disney Dream

Follow our Disney adventures on Instagram #Harters2WDW
Harters2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harters2WDW View Post
Glad to see you are taking younger ones there. I was thinking of getting a res for early July and wasn't sure if it would be OK for DD7 and DD3. But if you are going with four kids, I feel better!
It's a long night for the little ones if your trying to catch the fireworks, but better to be at Narcoossee's than on Main Street when the entertainment is complete.

Akershus (3.0-stars* Food; 5* princess interaction). blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (2.5* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.5* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4*), Jiko (3.5*), Kouzinna (3.5* dinner; 4* breakfast), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Marrakesh (3* - bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4.0*), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (3*), Yak & Yeti (1*)

On my 'to dine' list: Artist Point (Nov, 2014), Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2015?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015), & Spice Road (2015?).
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

Our family has an ADR for 5:50 PM we are hoping that by the time we are finished with dinner the little ones will be full and feeling a little sleepy. I have no illusions of seeing MK fireworks. I would much rather have well rested kids and not see everything than to see it all and have grumpy kids who are miserable.

In a perfect world, we will get a table so my boys can watch the monorails in the distance, but if it doesn't happen, phones and I-pods with videos and games will keep little hands and minds occupied in an effort to not ruin the experience for others. (sound turned down of course )

Dinner here is DH's request, I am glad we will be able to split adult meals

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: