Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Discounts for Busch Gardens Williamsburg?

We'll be in the area this summer and I'm wondering if there are discounted one-day tickets available anywhere.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Chick fila, papa johns and some other area restaurants usually have coupons for a few dollars off a single day admission. You tend to get better deals with combo passes. A summer pass is the same price as a single day pass. You still have to pay parking though.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

We're planning to go for the 1st time and are gonna buy the Bounce pass...includes BG, Wc and CW for 7 days...$120 for adults $95 for kids, under 6 free

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Good to know.

Princess - Do you know when those coupons begin to appear locally? I have a niece in the area and I am thinking I'll put a note on my calendar in a couple of months to remind me to ask her to keep an eye open for them.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
cheerky
Mouseketeer

The State Employees Credit Union of NC sells discounted one day tix.
cheerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

The park opens to pass holders on March 16 & to the public on March 17 - weekends only until Memorial Day weekend (daily for the 2 weeks of Spring Break).

We're pass holders so I don't pay too much attention to the coupons. They'll probably show up by the end of this month. Typically they're $6 off a single admission, coupon good for up to 6 admissions.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

For VA residents, you can get a preschooler (3-5) a free pass for unlimited entrance to BG and WC for this season. You can click on this link for more information.
http://commerce.4adventure.com/estor...of/passes.aspx

We got a ticket for our dd5, it has to be picked up by May 31st at Busch Gardens. The rest of our family is going to get the fun card with unlimited visits for this season for $70 (I believe). Since we are going to WDW this year, figured we would give this a try (and we dont have to pay for dd)
We are about 3 1/2 hours away, so we can do day trips or overnighters.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #8
HJRWoman
Earning My Ears

We went to Williamsburg last summer, and felt that the Williamsburg Bounce Pass was the way to go. It was unlimited admission to Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, and their waterpark for 7 days. It also included parking. You can get the Bounce passes through the Williamsburg site or the Busch Gardens site. I believe they were slightly cheaper through the Busch Gardens site. It was a great time, the coasters are great there!

1st Stay at Art of Animation 4/14!!

Me DH DS(15) DD(12)
HJRWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
zomama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJRWoman
We went to Williamsburg last summer, and felt that the Williamsburg Bounce Pass was the way to go. It was unlimited admission to Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, and their waterpark for 7 days. It also included parking. You can get the Bounce passes through the Williamsburg site or the Busch Gardens site. I believe they were slightly cheaper through the Busch Gardens site. It was a great time, the coasters are great there!
ditto this! We had a wonderful week there last August. Also we thought that the meal deal they offered on their site was well worth it. Lots of food!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomama View Post
ditto this! We had a wonderful week there last August. Also we thought that the meal deal they offered on their site was well worth it. Lots of food!

Are you talking about an all you can eat meal deal like Sea World has? I was looking on the BG site to see if they offered the one price/all day eat deal, but didnt see it. I would love to know if they have it at BG Williamsburg.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
teamagic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJRWoman View Post
We were there in July and I have to agree that the Bounce Passwas the best way to go unless you live close enough to visit more often. I was worried that my kids 10 & 8 would be bored with 7 days there but they loved it. My 10 year old loved Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg! My 8 year old loved thewater park. We actually would spend part of the day in the water park or at Colonial Williamsburg ad head into Busch Gardens for the evenings -we found that thru out the week mostof the people were leaving as we were walking in.
teamagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: