DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Steamboat Girlie
I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh. Up and at 'em, pal. Oooh boy, are we glad you're here, big doin's goin' on, so let's get started! See ya real soon!"
 
Steamboat Girlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 1339.22 miles north of AKV
Posts: 1,280

Just did online check in @BLT 60 days out

I did it through the Disney website, not the DVC website. I had previously linked all my reservations.
Our reservation is for Standard View.
The only choices were :
lower floor
near Skyway Bridge

I selected near Skyway Bridge, not really knowing what it means.

I certainly don't want a lower floor, so I didn't select that.

I already spoke with MS and asked them to note that we would like as high a floor as possible. I think that standards only go up to floor 4 or 5.

There was also an option that said "I would like my room ready for early arrival and to prioritize that over other requests."

I didn't select that, as I would rather wait a while and get a higher floor. I know it's not guaranteed either way.
__________________


1976; 85; 86; 88; 96; 04; 08 - off site, 1983 - Disney's Polynesian Village, 2000 - Disneyland Resort, 02 - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, 02 - Walt Disney World Swan, 02 - Disney's Coronado Springs, 04 & 09 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas Resort, 05 - Disney's Pop Century Resort, 08, 09 & '12 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, '11 & '13 - Disney's BoardWalk, '12 - Disney's Old Key West, 13' - Disney's Bay Lake Tower

Steamboat Girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 13,007

The Skyway Bridge is what connects BLT to the Contemporary. It connects from the South bank of elevator area of BLT on the 5th floor to the 4th floor of the Contemporary (by the shops).
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
MrBean
Runnin' Dopey
 
MrBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 226

I was just at BLT this January, did online checkin, and had MS add room requests to our reservation.

When we arrived, the only requests that showed up were the ones with "check box" equivalents (such as high room). My guess is with this new system, the check box requests may be the only ones available now and we ended up in a room that was much different then we had originally requested.

Let us know if you have better luck
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Olivia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
I was just at BLT this January, did online checkin, and had MS add room requests to our reservation.

When we arrived, the only requests that showed up were the ones with "check box" equivalents (such as high room). My guess is with this new system, the check box requests may be the only ones available now and we ended up in a room that was much different then we had originally requested.

Let us know if you have better luck
This stresses me out! I just sent an email to MS about a specific concern. We have a 2 bdrm standard view in April. My two youngest children ages 4 and 2 are autistic. They have major receptive and expressive language delays. The littlest who'll be 2.7 years old in April is completely nonverbal and neither of them understand danger. Both of them love water and if they even see the pool or the lake they will do everything in their power to get to it. Obviously they are always supervised but I don't want to worry about them constantly trying to escape or crying because they can't get to the water. I requested that we have no view of any water. It's a legitimate safety concern. Is there anything I can do to assure my request is noted and seen by BLT?
__________________
Princess Olivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
rlovew
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13,260
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
This stresses me out! I just sent an email to MS about a specific concern. We have a 2 bdrm standard view in April. My two youngest children ages 4 and 2 are autistic. They have major receptive and expressive language delays. The littlest who'll be 2.7 years old in April is completely nonverbal and neither of them understand danger. Both of them love water and if they even see the pool or the lake they will do everything in their power to get to it. Obviously they are always supervised but I don't want to worry about them constantly trying to escape or crying because they can't get to the water. I requested that we have no view of any water. It's a legitimate safety concern. Is there anything I can do to assure my request is noted and seen by BLT?
The only rooms at BLT where there isn't any view of water that I have seen are on the first and second floor very near the lobby on the backside of the building. These rooms have too much vegetation to see the pool- if you are on the theme park view side the water is the lake in front of the magic kingdom- anywhere else you will either see the pool or Bay Lake at least in the not so near view if not closer. You really need a low floor on the back middle of the building so you have no view in order to avoid water view at all.
__________________
Me and DH
rlovew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
quandrea
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
This stresses me out! I just sent an email to MS about a specific concern. We have a 2 bdrm standard view in April. My two youngest children ages 4 and 2 are autistic. They have major receptive and expressive language delays. The littlest who'll be 2.7 years old in April is completely nonverbal and neither of them understand danger. Both of them love water and if they even see the pool or the lake they will do everything in their power to get to it. Obviously they are always supervised but I don't want to worry about them constantly trying to escape or crying because they can't get to the water. I requested that we have no view of any water. It's a legitimate safety concern. Is there anything I can do to assure my request is noted and seen by BLT?
My daughter has life threatening allergies. I always call the hotel a day or two in advance and request a deep clean of the room and emphasize the seriousness of the situation. The request is always in the reservation and it is honoured. Call direct.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieVanMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
This stresses me out! I just sent an email to MS about a specific concern. We have a 2 bdrm standard view in April. My two youngest children ages 4 and 2 are autistic. They have major receptive and expressive language delays. The littlest who'll be 2.7 years old in April is completely nonverbal and neither of them understand danger. Both of them love water and if they even see the pool or the lake they will do everything in their power to get to it. Obviously they are always supervised but I don't want to worry about them constantly trying to escape or crying because they can't get to the water. I requested that we have no view of any water. It's a legitimate safety concern. Is there anything I can do to assure my request is noted and seen by BLT?
I read this and thought of us about 7 years ago and still to this day when making requests at WDW and DVC. Our son also has autism, although now verbal, he still does not understand danger and is the little escape artist if he could get to a pool.

We have always requested a landscape view so I can keep him calm. He will just go off and obsess on the pool, hence making me nuts. It is easier to just go to the pool when we are all ready.

There use to be a medical request line but I think it is now a thing of the past.

Tips: Call DVC and tell them your room location request is medical based. Get a GAC if needed, request to speak to the "chef" and let him know if you children have any sensory issues with food or special requests. When DS was 2-4 he only ate food that was red. Urg! Take breaks as needed.

Enjoy your holiday and wishing you well.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!
 
bbluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 569

Were you able to sign up for the FP+ as well? I thought that was the reason for the 60 day advance registration.
__________________
Always planning the next trip home!
[/url]

2012 BCV & BLT/2011 OKW & BLT/2010 BCV/2009 BWV/2008 BCV/2007 SSR/2006 CBR pre DVC
First visit 1972 and many others in between
bbluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
RachaelA
DIS Veteran
 
RachaelA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1145 miles from the mouse
Posts: 5,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis View Post
Were you able to sign up for the FP+ as well? I thought that was the reason for the 60 day advance registration.
This was what I was going to ask!

I haven't been keeping up on everything and I didn't know people could start checking in at 60 days out.
__________________

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that
 
brettcw23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat Girlie View Post
I did it through the Disney website, not the DVC website. I had previously linked all my reservations.
Our reservation is for Standard View.
The only choices were :
lower floor
near Skyway Bridge

I selected near Skyway Bridge, not really knowing what it means.

I certainly don't want a lower floor, so I didn't select that.

I already spoke with MS and asked them to note that we would like as high a floor as possible. I think that standards only go up to floor 4 or 5.

There was also an option that said "I would like my room ready for early arrival and to prioritize that over other requests."

I didn't select that, as I would rather wait a while and get a higher floor. I know it's not guaranteed either way.
We were at BLT in November and LOVED it. We were on the first floor and enjoyed it very much. Being able to walk right out was very nice. We saw the fireworks from the roof, right outside and of course, inside MK.


The SkyWay bridge gets a lot of traffic b\c it joins BLT to the Contemporary so it an get noisy. but it's also convenient to get over to the Contempo Cafe, Chef Mickey's and the monorail.
__________________
Brett
Me(39) DW(40) DD10 DD7
DVC Member March 2011
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #11
Bronte
DIS Veteran
 
Bronte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,043

do you think if you check in online early (60 day out) instead of later (20 days out) do your requests get more attention ???
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 13,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
do you think if you check in online early (60 day out) instead of later (20 days out) do your requests get more attention ???
No.
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.