Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
ajspring00
Earning My Ears

Looking for suggestions for family of 5

We are trying to plan a Disney Trip June 3-8, 2013. Our last trip was in June 2010 and it was offsite. We have never stayed onsite before. Looking for suggestions on a resort for a family of 5. Three adults and two children ages 9 and 11.. both girls. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!
ajspring00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

The least expensive option would be POR but I am not sure how the beds would be shared. It has 2 queen beds and a very small pull down Murphy bed (about the size of a crib mattress). I would think one of the deluxes that sleeps 5 would work as they have a twin sized day bed and 2 queens. Also, fort wilderness cabins with bunk beds, a full size bed, and a full size Murphy bed. And then the family suites at either music or AoA. Do you spend more time at one parkocer the other? Do you need separate bedrooms? Need more than one bathroom?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
ajspring00
Earning My Ears

It will be DH, myself, DD21, DD11 and DD9 so, we would not necessarily need separate bedrooms. Park wise, we were planning one day at each park. We have only been one other time for two days. (one at MK and the other at AK in the am and Epcot in the pm) We would not have to have more than one bathroom.

DD21 lives in FL and may not join us for the whole visit depending on her work situation. not sure yet. Would it be difficult to change a reservation if she cannot come??
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
missycj96
DIS Veteran

2 value rooms may be your best bet if you can get adjoining - you get 4 real beds and 2 bathrooms.
missycj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

I don't think it woukd be difficult to change the reservation but I don't know all the rules, especially if it's a package. I would consider either a stay at beach club (if you all are into pools, it's the best on property) which gives you access to the boardwalk area and easier access to Epcot and DHS or one of the monotail resorts (which ever theme you prefer). Another option is the swan and dolphin. I believe they have rooms that hold 5 (deluxe alcove rooms) and often offer good discounts (teachers, nurses, government employees). They are not owned by WDW but are boardwalk area resorts and have most of the WDW amenities (no magical express, package delivery, or dining plan but access to EMH and WDW transportation).
Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
ajspring00
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the suggestions.. We were looking at the Beach Club.. also may check into the Swan and Dolphin.. I am a Government employee so that may be an idea. We are more than likely driving so we wont need ME and were leaning against NOT getting the DP anyway. Thanks so much!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
ajspring00
Earning My Ears

Just called and the Dolphin is completely booked for our whole stay and the Swan just has rooms for 4

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: