Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
IamErica
Mouseketeer

Hilton Grand vs. Hilton Garden vs. Residence Inn

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? My son and I are planning a few days in Orlando. I think I have narrowed it down to these hotels. The price difference didn't seem that big. Good & bad?
Thx!
Also wondering about the que perks... do all these have that? I can't get the website to open that lists all the partner hotels.
Disney World ~Pop Century February 2008
Disney World/ Universal Studios ~All Stars Music: Family trip Februaruy 2010
California girls trip/ Universal Studios Hollywood ~ March 2011
RCCL Caribbean cruise February 2012~ Mother and son trip
Gulf Coast & Busch Gardens ~Treasure Bay Hotel and Marina/ Sea World ~ Residence Inn by Marriott at SW ~February 2013

Last edited by IamErica; 02-03-2013 at 03:45 PM.
IamErica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
kandb
DIS Veteran

I "think" the Hilton Garden, offers breakfast where the Hilton Grand, does not. To be honest, I go to tripadvisor.com and read all the reviews. I think it gives alot of good info from people who have stayed there recently. Just throwing it out there in case you didn't know.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

I've stayed at all 3.

The Renaissance is right across the street, so you could walk to Seaworld and avoid the parking charges there. However the hotel does have a parking charge. It's typical of higher end hotels.

The Hilton Garden Inn is typical for that chain of moderate accommodations. They do have breakfast, but it's not complimentary. If you want breakfast, you either purchase it, book a room rate with it included, or have elite status in the Hhonors (Hilton Honors) program and get it complimentary.

The Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Seaworld is a timeshare property. So you could get a larger unit if you choose. They have studios, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom units. The 1-br and larger are very roomy and have washer/dryers. It also has a pretty elaborate pool complex.

As and HGVC owner, I stay at HGVC more often than the others. I do stay at Hilton Garden Inn all the time when traveling. I like all 3 of the above.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
IamErica
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc_john View Post
I've stayed at all 3.

The Renaissance is right across the street, so you could walk to Seaworld and avoid the parking charges there. However the hotel does have a parking charge. It's typical of higher end hotels.

The Hilton Garden Inn is typical for that chain of moderate accommodations. They do have breakfast, but it's not complimentary. If you want breakfast, you either purchase it, book a room rate with it included, or have elite status in the Hhonors (Hilton Honors) program and get it complimentary.

The Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Seaworld is a timeshare property. So you could get a larger unit if you choose. They have studios, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom units. The 1-br and larger are very roomy and have washer/dryers. They also have pretty elaborate pool complexes.

As and HGVC owner, I stay at HGVC more often than the others. I do stay at Hilton Garden Inn all the time when traveling. I like all 3 of the above.
Thanks for the info....
I did adjust it to the Residence Inn (The Renaissance is a bit more pricey so I deleted it off my list)
It is just my son and I so we won't need too much room. Just a nice place to lay our heads, perks to SW and pools to swim in
Gulf Coast & Busch Gardens ~Treasure Bay Hotel and Marina/ Sea World ~ Residence Inn by Marriott at SW ~February 2013
Old 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

The Residence Inn is the furthest of those 4 places, but still very close.
The do have free breakfast (although the dining area can get very crowded), and the rooms are fairly roomy, and include a small kitchen.
You can get a studio (with a bedroom area open to a living room area), a 1-br (about the same, but with the bedroom a separate room), or even a 2-br.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #6
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Residence Inn SeaWorld for our Christmas trip. I have tons of photos and details about the hotel in my trip report, if you want to check it out. The link is in my signature.

We thought it was an excellent value for the included perks. We loved having the fully separate bedroom, the amenities were very good, the breakfast was excellent and changed a bit each day, and the front desk staff were fabulous.

Any other specific questions, ask away.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
IamErica
Mouseketeer

Having free bfast would be a huge plus!!
I obsess about trip advisor and see the good and bad there, however one never knows WHO is leaving the report. So I like coming here to get your advice

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: