Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
BippityBoppity
Mouseketeer

Is Magic Really Looking Worn?

I'm reading from several posts that Magic is really looking worn. Sofa's being uncomfortable due to the springs in them poking you. Bedding uncomfortable, etc. I know some people can be fanatics about a lot of things so one has to take this into consideration. But, I really don't want to spend several thousand dollars on a worn ship out of Galveston just because it's convenient to where I live. I know she's going into dry dock soon to get herself a facelift. So, even though Florida is quite the drive for us what would you do? Now, let me tell you this. I'm not a fanatic but I don't want to go on a ship that doesn't look any better than your other cruise lines when they need a facelift. Disney is quite a bit expensive than others because it's Disney. But I expect it to reflect Disney in every way. Should we wait on her to come out of dry dock, sail with her as she is now or sail with one of the new ships? I would love opinions from those of you who have sailed Magic recently.

Thank you
BippityBoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

We sailed her in July and while we did notice some wear she was still beautiful! Could I see the difference having just sailed the dream prior? Yes but in no way did it affect our cruise! Go...enjoy!

RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

We cruised the Magic in December and she looked just fine. They are constantly painting, varnishing, cleaning and doing other general maintenance.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

I didn't think so when we sailed on her in December. We sailed from FL a few years back on the Wonder, and my first thought was the Magic was so much prettier! I guess it was the color scheme? Or maybe I just prefer the decor?

Haven't sailed the newer ships so I can't compare, but I loved the Magic, and in fact we're sailing again in April. Personally, I think I prefer smaller ships. I felt the same way about NCL. Loved, loved, loved the Star!

mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
joedfr
Earning My Ears

Just curious if the Magic has any updated bedding yet? I was hoping they might take care of that even before dry dock.

No worries if they haven't - I'm sure if will still be wonderful!
joedfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Shell54
DIS Veteran

We sailed the Magic in August and thought she looked great. Having said that I think she will look spectacular after drydock!

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedfr View Post
Just curious if the Magic has any updated bedding yet? I was hoping they might take care of that even before dry dock.

No worries if they haven't - I'm sure if will still be wonderful!
not sure if it was updated, but both dh and I commented on the lovely pillows and comfy bed!

mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Does it still have the ugly blue coverlet though?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

We were on Magic a few weeks ago and I did note that she is starting to show some need for a little TLC. The public areas looked refreshed, but our room was a bit tired. It wasn't anything that affected our enjoyment and we had a great time! Some examples were cracked tiles and worn grout in bathroom, stained divider curtains, etc

Not big issues-- but refreshing it will be good.
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #10
Mikeyto_96
OKraysDisneySon

Just got off her a week ago and she is in need of some TLC. But she is still a beautiful ship.

Mikeyto_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyto_96 View Post
Just got off her a week ago and she is in need of some TLC. But she is still a beautiful ship.
Is the bedding the white sheets with just a simply blue runner, or the ugly blue coverlet?

Thanks.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108

Is the bedding the white sheets with just a simply blue runner, or the ugly blue coverlet?

Thanks.
When we cruised the Magic this past September, the beds still had the blue bedspread. Definitely not my favorite, especially after being on the Dream first.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

December 2010 - MVMCP
October 2011 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MNSSHP
September 2012 - Disney Magic Canada
March 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western
December 2014 - Disney Wonder Western and MVMCP
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #13
Mastiff
Mouseketeer

Sailed end of December and Magic is indeed in need of some TLC. Don't get me wrong, still a beautiful ship and we had a wonderful time but there is a lot of rehab that needs to happen. Carpets were stained on several of the decks, paint chips, furniture worn.

The first time we sailed DCL was on the Magic several years ago and she had just come out of dry dock and the amount of people we saw constantly cleaning, painting, etc. was crazy. This time around my husband and I both commented that there was far less attention paid to those things.

I am sure she will look incredible after her "facelift"!

Like I said, you will have a great time anyway!
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: