Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
3Rouselings
Planning our second trip for May 2013!

Tomorrowland Terrace Desserts Party Frustration

I am so frustrated! I can't seem to get a straight answer from Disney about Dessert Party. I am really hoping to get reservations during the last night of our stay as a Mother's Day present for my sister in law and myself. The Disney Mom's panel said ressies could be make 180 days out, I called they said no 90 days. So today's 90 days and I tried to book online, big shock the system is down. Called the WDW ressie number three times this morning only to be told that there are only slots available for booking in Febraury. I ask the CSM if there was any way to know when slots would be opened for May - she had no idea. I was put on hold several times and after an hour longs distane phone call I am no further ahead getting a reservation booked than I was yesterday. I know it's not the CSM's fault, and I'm not blaming her it's just frustrtaing to not know when I can book. I would feel bad if I missed it because I didn't know that ressies had opened and I missed them. Vent over....thanks for listening.
3Rouselings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Reservations for the dessert party open about 2 months before. Go to the reservation board and there is a dessert party reservation thread, you can find the best info there. (Sorry I can't link to it from the app)

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

I am not an expert, but I believe that for the past few months, reservations have been opening about a month prior. Right now, they are only taking reservations through February. It is expected (hoped) that the March reservations will open in early February, maybe even tomorrow. So I'd start really looking and paying attention mid to late March with the hope of an April 1st booking day for the May dates. After I re-read this, it sounds clear as mud. Let me know if you still have questions. There is also a bigger thread on the Disney Dining Reservations sub-forum if that helps too.
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
SmileEar2Ear
Mouseketeer

There is a thread here somewhere that you can subscribe to so that you will know when May opens up. The window has gotten smaller and smaller each month. I think Jan and Feb didn't get released until close to almost 30 days. You haven't missed anything for May.
SmileEar2Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
danicaca
Mouseketeer

March is not even open yet! I too am stalking the thread to see when May/June open up! Here is the link to the thread. As each month opens up, they will change the title. Just subscribe, and stalk! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003279
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They were wrong, it's not 180 days for the dessert party. It's more like 30 to 60 when the reservations open and it's not consistent. The Mom's Panel is wrong a lot.

See the thread quoted above, they really keep track of when reservations open. Of course you do have to keep checking back because Disney won't announce before they open.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: