Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
bisone
Earning My Ears

BOG kids menu

Our family of 5 would like to eat lunch at BOG during our June trip. I have 1 picky dd and a ds with sensory issues. There isn't anything on the menu that either one of them would eat. My question is, can we bring a counter service meal in from a nearby restaurant?
Thanks for any help or ideas.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisone View Post
Our family of 5 would like to eat lunch at BOG during our June trip. I have 1 picky dd and a ds with sensory issues. There isn't anything on the menu that either one of them would eat. My question is, can we bring a counter service meal in from a nearby restaurant?
Thanks for any help or ideas.
This type of question has been widely discussed here on the DIS. It is a pretty controversial subject.
Would you bring Wendy's food into a MacDonald's for lunch? I wouldn't.
There are many, many, many restaurants in the MK and WDW that cater to picky kids. BOG happens to not, by some's definition.
Is there somewhere else you can all eat together?
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
disneymayz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
This type of question has been widely discussed here on the DIS. It is a pretty controversial subject.
There are many, many, many restaurants in the MK and WDW that cater to picky kids. BOG happens to not, by some's definition.
This response is based off eating at BOG for lunch not dinner. At dinner since it is a TS then I would not.

I have tanken Long John Silvers into Wendy's. I have taken Flame Tree BQ into Pizzafari. So what you are stating is because we have picky kids, the adults should not be aloud to eat there?
May '99-Dixie Landings / Disney Cruise May '00-All-Star Music May '01-All-Star Movies June '03-All-Star Sports May '04-Off-site May '05-Pop Century May '06-Old Key West Dec. '07-All-Star Movies June '08-Disneyland Hotel / Grand Cali. / Paradise Pier June '09-AKV / All-Star Music / Saratoga Springs Resort Jan '10 - CBR / May '10 - Pop Century May '11 Pop / AKV / VWL Dec '11 OKW / BW/ All-Star Sports April '12 Polly Sep/Oct '12 VGC June'13 SSR/AKV/BCV/BLT Dec '13 All-star Sports Feb '14 Pop/CS/GFV/AKV May '14 ASMo
disneymayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymayz View Post
I have tanken Long John Silvers into Wendy's. I have taken Flame Tree BQ into Pizzafari. So what you are stating is because we have picky kids, the adults should not be aloud to eat there?
I have done this as well! I used to take McDonalds into a restaurant my husband and I wanted to eat in because my son didn't want anything there. No biggie. I wouldn't have ordered him food there anyway, so it's no loss for them. It's gain, in fact, because I went there and spent my money. People need to mind their own beez-nazz! LOL
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 10
Carlyzmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
bisone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. It's somewhere we would like to eat because it is new and we have been to Disney many times so we have hit most of the other restaurants.
When you bring up McDonalds/Wendys, you are talking about competitors. Do you really consider 2 restaurants within the Magic Kingdom competitors? They are both Disney owned.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
disneymayz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. It's somewhere we would like to eat because it is new and we have been to Disney many times so we have hit most of the other restaurants.
When you bring up McDonalds/Wendys, you are talking about competitors. Do you really consider 2 restaurants within the Magic Kingdom competitors? They are both Disney owned.
You talking Lunch OR Dinner? 2 different services. Mixing CS with CS OR mixing CS with TS.
May '99-Dixie Landings / Disney Cruise May '00-All-Star Music May '01-All-Star Movies June '03-All-Star Sports May '04-Off-site May '05-Pop Century May '06-Old Key West Dec. '07-All-Star Movies June '08-Disneyland Hotel / Grand Cali. / Paradise Pier June '09-AKV / All-Star Music / Saratoga Springs Resort Jan '10 - CBR / May '10 - Pop Century May '11 Pop / AKV / VWL Dec '11 OKW / BW/ All-Star Sports April '12 Polly Sep/Oct '12 VGC June'13 SSR/AKV/BCV/BLT Dec '13 All-star Sports Feb '14 Pop/CS/GFV/AKV May '14 ASMo
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
bisone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymayz View Post
You talking Lunch OR Dinner? 2 different services. Mixing CS with CS OR mixing CS with TS.
I am talking lunch, mixing CS with CS.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
disneymayz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am talking lunch, mixing CS with CS.
OK then I stick with what I said above. I say it is OK. We will probably go to Pinocchio's and grab the kids the adult chicken nugget basket and carry it in with us. We will get them drinks at BOG. Either way Disney is getting money to feed 4 people.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
FormerH8er
Earned my ears along time ago

I donít see a problem with what the OP is suggesting. The BOG kidís lunch menu is kind of bad. I know my children wouldnít eat from it.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
disneymayz
DIS Veteran

I just looked at the menu the other day and this was my exact question.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #11
Mommytwotwins
Mouseketeer

Dh and I want to eat here to but I know the kids would not be happy, so I understand.

1997 May/June off Property
2009 June POR
2010 August CB
2011 October Floridays/POP
2012 ????
Mommytwotwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #12
missycj96
DIS Veteran

Op, i just had your same situation. I was dying to try BOG for lunch - we had one day pre cruise in the mk. Dd7 is picky but i figured we'd make the best of it. What a bust. The kids menu just doesnt work for kids that eat only kids food like mine do. Even the mickey turkey meatloaf turned out to have red pepper in it and my kids wouldnt eat it. Even the chocolate cupcake was a little too adult for her and she wouldnt eat it. This is the only place in disney where i couldnt feed my kids (and we visit often). Yes the restaurant is fantastic. But my advice is if the menu seems like it won't work for your kids, there's a good chance it won't. Next time, i'd eat somewhere else.
missycj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #13
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisone

I never said anywhere in my original post that I was looking for junk food. My ds with sensory issues eats the same meal everyday for lunch, peanut butter and jelly. At home this is natural peanut butter and 100% fruit spread on wheat bread. My picky dd is not only picky but also has a gluten allergy and is allergic to chicken. I never complained about what they had on the kids menu. I stated a fact, that my kids would not eat off of it. I asked if my idea would work so my dh, other dd and I can eat there.
I understand. My son has sensory issues. I'm sure you can take a Pbj sandwich in with you
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #14
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

If, we REALLY wanted BOG, but kids wouldn't eat off the menu? I would feed them BEFOREHAND and let them eat a cupcake at BOG. I wouldn't bring In food from another restaurant.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

Feed the kids before you go in and get their dessert from BOG
Disfanx4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: