Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

Pools in December

We are getting ready to book our trip for December...it the weather warm enough to go swimming in the afternoons? We were in the keys a few weeks ago and it was hot...never been to disney during december! Ive been there over 20 times and worked there on the college program and never saw the property decorated for xmas...cant wait!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

First, there is no way to predict the weather in December; it is all over the map. Also, Florida is part of the Atlantic, not the Caribbean, where you could nail down a general daily temperature for the entire month.

I have been the week after Thanksgiving almost every year since 2000 and the weather is never the same year to year. The best thing you can do is watch the weather two days before you leave, pack accordingly and then decide if it is worth the walk from the pool to the room at that temperature. The pools are heated; the walk back to the room will not be.

Ultimately, only you can decide if you can tolerate the temperature; it is a very subjective question. I work outside and can tolerate the cold; also I live in the mid-Atlantic, so even if it was in the 60's in Florida, it would feel better than what was at home.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
spritna
Mouseketeer

all over isnt the word

weve made a couple trips in december, landed at airport 80 degree high, next day high would be high of 40. i can laugh now but our first dec. trip we only packed shorts and and flip flops, second trip packed winter and summer clothes, now we watch the weather couple days before. as far as pools...i think all of the pools on disney property are heated to like 82 degrees or something..warm enough to swim but you better run back to the room.

spritna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As others have said, December weather is very unpredictable. We have been twice in December with the first time (2003) being too cold to swim (the resort pool was actually closed due to the cold) and the second time (2010), we swam 2-3 days with temps in the 80s. The pools are heated, but it's the outside temps that will get you when you get out if it's cold. With that said, it's best to pack for any and all kinds of weather as you will not know what it will be like until you are actually there.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

I swimmed at AOA on New Years Eve last year and it was okay - quit chilly, but we did it
It was way better to stay at the hot tub in FQ :D I alao thought that their pool were quit cold!

But as the previous poster said, there is no way to predict how it will be it can be freezing or it can be 100 degrees...
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: