Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
DisDreamsAshley
Mouseketeer

11 Days of Deluxe Dining - Updated 7/20 Dessert Party - final update

Hello! Welcome to my first Dining Report....and trip report of any kind actually!

So here's us. Aren't we adorable?

Now for some small introductions so that you know who we are!

I'm Ashley. This was my 8th trip to The World. I find an unhealthy level of enjoyment and fun with scheduling and rescheduling ADRs for our trips. I make spreadsheets, read reviews, look at pictures, and read more reviews to determine just where we will be dining for every single meal. I pretty much like everything except cooked cauliflower...it smells funny. ::: And I'll try just about anything at least once, and I love me some dessert

My awesome DH is Chuck. This was his 4th trip to Disney. He's less of a planner and more of a wing it guy. The moment our plane lands in Florida, he's busy cancelling and rearranging my ADRs I so carefully planned. He changes his mind every day on where we should eat the next, but he does take my massive knowledge of Dis reviews in mind when decided where we shall go! He's much more a safe eater than I am, and he absolutely hates onions...except onion rings for some reason. He doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, and prefers appetizers to desserts.

So now that you know us a little better. Here is where we dined at this trip!

Liberty Tree Tavern
Hollywood Brown Derby
Yak & Yeti
Kona
Fulton's
Le Cellier x2
Nine Dragons
California Grill
Ohana
Yak and Yeti
Narcoossee's
Be Our Guest
Be Our Guest - lunch
Be Our Guest
Main Street Bakery and Min & Bill's
T-Rex
Tutto Italia
MK Dessert Party

11/13 Pop *4/13 CSR * 12/12 POR * 4/12 CBR * 2011 POR * 2010 CSR * 2004 AKL * 1999 off site * 1996 WL * 1994 FW

Last edited by DisDreamsAshley; 07-20-2013 at 09:50 PM.
DisDreamsAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Looks like a wonderful list of dining choices!

And yes, you two are adorable!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
DreamingPink
Disney Veteran

Can't wait for your review on your meals. I have always wanted to do one, just too scared that no one may like it....anywhoo, you are both adorable!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDreamsAshley View Post

So here's us. Aren't we adorable?
YUP!

I'm in, and can't wait to read about all your dining adventures!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
sjamom
Earning My Ears

These look great! Can't wait to read the reviews!
sjamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
Count me in!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
blair_ranea
Earning My Ears

Looks like one yummy trip! Coming along for the report!
blair_ranea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
PrincessTiannaLove
Earning My Ears

Smile

You are after my own heart...! Can't wait to read more!
PrincessTiannaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Subbing
You two look absolutely wonderful and I am excited as I too live for desserts
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Out of pressed pots? I would be devastated. Those things are to. Die. For. But, on the other hand, I think that Tonga Toast would make me happy again! I've not gotten to try it yet, but all of these pictures of it I keep seeing make me drool! Lol!!

Great reviews! Keep em comin'!
johnsonginad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Enjoying reading about your adventures!

vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #12
nutz2notz
Mouseketeer

Yes, you guys are cute and I'm really enjoying your reviews.

Looking forward to more.
March 2011: OKW First Solo
Janaury 2011: SSR then AKV Kidani
January 2010: Grand Californian
December 2007: SSR
January 2007: SSR
January 1996: Offsite
nutz2notz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Joining in!

I have also found the service at Brown Derby to be sub-par. It was certainly the worst service we had at a signature restaurant (and quite a few non-signature restaurants!). We were on the dining plan, too, so perhaps that was the difference? (I know it's not supposed to make a difference, but our server certainly gave us the impression we were a waste of her time. I thought it was rather rude.)

That plate of crab and lobster looks amazing! You will have to try the Rose & Crown sometime... we thought it was great!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #14
DisDreamsAshley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
Joining in!

I have also found the service at Brown Derby to be sub-par. It was certainly the worst service we had at a signature restaurant (and quite a few non-signature restaurants!). We were on the dining plan, too, so perhaps that was the difference? (I know it's not supposed to make a difference, but our server certainly gave us the impression we were a waste of her time. I thought it was rather rude.)

That plate of crab and lobster looks amazing! You will have to try the Rose & Crown sometime... we thought it was great!

We are getting ready to go back to WDW in about a month. We are definitly trying Rose & Crown this time. DH finally decided that too many people like it for us not to try it!

11/13 Pop *4/13 CSR * 12/12 POR * 4/12 CBR * 2011 POR * 2010 CSR * 2004 AKL * 1999 off site * 1996 WL * 1994 FW
Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
DisDreamsAshley
Mouseketeer

Le Cellier

So up next is Le Celliers! I've been trying for about three trips to Disney to get ADRs here, but since we always plan our trips fairly last minute, they are usually booked up. This time, I got lucky! DH also ended up enjoying it so much, he spammed our mobile magic app for another reservation to open up. He actually found several, but I told him twice in one trip is plenty!

Bread

I really loved the pretzel sticks. But neither of us cared for the one with the sunflower seeds. It was very dry.

Whiskey Flight

Chuck loves whiskey so he decided to get the flight. He enjoyed it so much, he got two on our second trip here!.

Margarita Flight

I decided to try this. It was pretty good. I picked up the glowing ice cube at one point to turn it off from flashing, and I dropped it on the corner of the glass. It totally broke the glass. Our waitress was really cool about it though, and said that the glasses are tiny and delicate. She even brought me a new drink even though I had drank that one.

Margarita

I had this our second dinner there. It was pretty tasty.

"Cedar Creek" Clams Provençal Oven-roasted Tomato, Fennel, and Garlic-Basil Pistou 15.00

Chuck had this the first dinner. He proclaimed them to be amazing, especially the broth.

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup made with Moosehead Beer and "Neuske's" Smoked Bacon 9.00

I had the soup, I don't usually order soups at restaurants. But I was so glad I did! This was super yummy and cheesy.

Assortment of Artisanal Cheese with Chef's Selection of Dried Fruits and Preserves 14.00

I also don't usualy get cheese plates, but I did quite a bit on this trip. This was probably my favorite. I loved the honeycomb and Brie combination.

"Chef's Garden" Caesar Salad Baby Romaine, Brioche Croutons, Parmesan, and Boquerones 10.00

Chuck said that as salads go this was pretty good, but he would have rather had clams again.

“Le Cellier” Mushroom Filet Mignon AAA Canadian Beef Tenderloin with Wild Mushroom Risotto, White Turffle-Butter Sauce, and Micro Chervil 43.00

So as I said we had the same entrees on both nights since we loved them so much. I'm usually not a steak person, but this was the best steak I've ever had, and the risotto was so delicious!

Canadian “AAA” New York Strip Steak with Potato Pavé, Wilted Spinach, and Vin Rouge Reduction 44.00

DH is a steak person however. He loved his. He said it was the best steak of the trip.

Maple Crème Brûlée 6.99

I enjoyed the ceme brulee. It probably wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was still super yummy.

White Chocolate Cheesecake Citrus Shortbread Cookie, Seasonal Berries, and Raspberry Air 10.00

The while chocolate cheesecake was delicious! I did think that the outter layer has a weird texture

Chocolate Trio

I can't find this on their current menu. But it was a chocolate trio. Chuck loves the molten cake, which is his favorite dessert. He got it both times!

So the food was super good, and our service was amazing. We really enjoyed it here. Even waiting for out table was kinda fun. The first night we were there, the staff asked us Disney trivia questions. So that was fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: