Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Anyone stayed at the Saratoga?

I can't help noticing that there are very few reviews/comments on this site regarding SSR ...? We're booked in there and I'm beginning to get a bit worried!! Does anyone have experience of staying there and would like to share?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Yardbird
Picks up a variety of nuts every few weeks
I have one in the center of my right hand
butter or nothing for me!

You may want to check out the DVC boards. Our home resort is Saratoga Springs, and I love it. We've stayed there many times over the past 9 years, and it has grown to be a favorite.

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
You may want to check out the DVC boards. Our home resort is Saratoga Springs, and I love it. We've stayed there many times over the past 9 years, and it has grown to be a favorite.

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Thank you for diecting me here - I'm still new to this site and the masses of info available on here, it's great!! I had no idea this was here - cheers
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

yes and every stay, 4 of them, were not good.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12
How is this at all helpful to the OP? If your stays were so terrible, why did you keep going back to the same resort?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
Yardbird
Picks up a variety of nuts every few weeks
I have one in the center of my right hand
butter or nothing for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
How is this at all helpful to the OP? If your stays were so terrible, why did you keep going back to the same resort?

Yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post

Good point! I can't imagine going back 4 times, if I didn't enjoy it the first time. That's why we keep going back to Disney Resorts - even if little things go wrong, the overall stay is usually wonderful.

In response to the orignal post - I haven't stayed there, but everyone I know that has stayed there loved it. We were drooling over the Treehouse Villas at SSR when we past by in the boat to POR.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
kam1011
Mouseketeer

I NEVER wanted to stay there. Something about the horse theme just never called out to me. However, one time when I was in Florida in a room full of roaches, I called Disney in the middle of the night and they connected me with the manager of Saratoga Springs (bc he was the "on call" manager??) and he hooked us up with rooms there even though it was "sold out". (the computers had been down, so there were some miscalculations with the numbers)

Anyway, we ended up staying there for four nights. Loved the pools! Our rooms were in the last building of Congress Park, facing DTD. It was gorgeous. I would never have requested to be in the back corner, either, but if I were to go back, I would probably request it in the future! We had a car. We were driving distance from the good pools.

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1011 View Post
I NEVER wanted to stay there. Anyway, we ended up staying there for four nights. Loved the pools! Our rooms were in the last building of Congress Park, facing DTD. It was gorgeous. I would never have requested to be in the back corner, either, but if I were to go back, I would probably request it in the future! We had a car. We were driving distance from the good pools.
Love this post! I am staying there next month because it was the only resort I could get into marathon weekend. I requested Congress Park after doing some research... I'm not going down for the marathon, I'm going down for the Yankee/Braves spring training game at Wide World of Sports. I thought Congress Park would be good because I could walk to the bus in DTD because to get to Wide World of Sports I have to get to CBR or one of the Allstars and take a bus from there. I did request a room looking at DTD as well so we will see how this goes. I look at it like whatever I'm at Disney and if I don't like it I can cross it off the bucket list!!

Thanks for your post!!

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
I do wonder why you would keep going back??..this post does not sound honest...JMHO

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Loved the SSR! It's close to DTD and the 2 br villa was perfect for us!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #12
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

There is a very helpful thread over on the DVC Resorts board, for SSR owners & lovers: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466719

What size villa are you staying in? It is a large resort & if you have a preference you are well served by requesting a certain section.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
iheartdisney123
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at Saratoga 3x and had a great time. It's very relaxing and quiet and I love that there is a spa in grounds.
iheartdisney123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #14
mcraige
DIS Veteran

We stayed there once and enjoyed it, but then again, all I really care about is having a clean, quiet, comfortable room. I spend such a small amount of time at the resort doing anything but sleeping, things like room location don't really matter to me.
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

We've stayed at SSR numerous times. It's a nice resort. We tend to request a room near a pool area. We rent a vehicle, so bus stops aren't much of a concern for us. My favorite area to stay in is the Grandstand nearest to the Backstretch Pool Bar.

It's a great resort. Always clean. Never any noise issues. We don't always stay here because our DVC home resort is the Beach Club...but, it's a great choice and I've always been happy with our stays.

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: