Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
jakesmom_01
Mouseketeer

Disney cruise 2014 and small world vacations

Has anyone ever used the Small World Vacation online travel company to book Disney cruise? If so feed back please. We are going to be first time cruisers in 2014 on Dream and am unsure if I should use this company or am i better off booking myself through Disney. Would like to get booked as soon as possible as I need two staterooms...will be a 40 year anniversary gift for my parents.

AND ANY information you can share from experience with DCL would be great. We have cruised before just not with DCL. (Such as, is it best to go day before(we are planning Aug 3 cruise), booking, any other things you may think of)

Thanks in advanced
Nov. '04 Pop Century First Family trip
Dec. '05 All Star Movies (trip with my mom and dad (their first). First MVMCP
Dec. '07 All Star Sports Grand Gathering (11 of us) and MVMCP
Aug. '08 CSR (free dining) DS 7th B-day celebration
Sept. '09 POP(free dining)
Sept. '12 Family time (All Star Music)
July '13 Port Orleans French Quarter
Aug. '14 Disney Dream
jakesmom_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

I have used Small World multiple times and they were great. We used them when we had multiple family members from different states all coming together on one cruise and everything went seamlessly. I come from the west coast so I always arrive at least a day prior to cruises leaving from Port Canaveral. When we left for our DCL Mexican Riviera cruise from LA, we flew down the day of since it's a quick 2 hour flight.

Many travel agencies will offer you an incentive (gift cards or on board credit) for booking with them. If you use a travel agent, be aware that if you want to make changes to your cruise (move up a category, change room #'s), the travel agent is the one who must contact DCL to do this. I find this preferable as I just shoot of an email with my requests and my TA emails me back and I don't have to be the one waiting on hold on the phone.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: