Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
AR81
DIS Veteran

Looking for reviews of the Royal Rooms at PO?

I am looking for reviews for the Royal rooms. For those that have stayed in these rooms, would you say it is definitely for little girl/princesses only? Or is it ok for little boys as well? Trying to figure out different scenarios for myself, son and niece.. The rooms look beautiful but this is also my son's first trip as well as my niece's and certainly want it to be magical for him as well. Not a fan of the pirate rooms at CBR mainly because of the location so I was looking into these royal rooms. What was your experience if you have stayed there? And particularly did you have any little boys in your party and did they find it too girlish? lol
AR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Lots of positive reviews over on the POR thread. Some who had positive stays with boys too. They tend to like the lights in the headboards.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999316
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

We stayed in a royal room on the last night of our last trip. I didn't think it was girly at all. The colors are royal blue and gold and the main focus was the headboards. We thought the rooms were decorated well, but the larger furniture made the room feel smaller than the Alligator Bayou room we were in for the rest of our trip. Just keep in mind that some of the royal rooms can be pretty far away.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club, Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2015 POFQ

Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Port Orleans royal rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
We stayed in a royal room on the last night of our last trip. I didn't think it was girly at all. The colors are royal blue and gold and the main focus was the headboards. We thought the rooms were decorated well, but the larger furniture made the room feel smaller than the Alligator Bayou room we were in for the rest of our trip. Just keep in mind that some of the royal rooms can be pretty far away.
I stayed here in september and wow!!!! There wasn't pink any where so i think boys would like the room too .The bed was verry comfy. The only issure i had was with housekepping and that may have been my own fault for not informing them when i needed the room made up,but other than that the room was a dream come true. The towels and tolieties were great.
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I was just there, and I think it's OK for boys. Colors are deep blues, purples and golds. Just point out Aladdin's rug on the floor, and the Genie's lamp as the water faucet in the sink, and I'm sure they'll be fine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: