Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

MAY 2013 - PTR....hooray!!!

Hi everybody,

It's time to try a PTR - this holiday is hurtling towards us and I'm worried that it will all be over in a blurr if I don't stop and think a little bit - so, here we go!!

DH has a "conference" in Las Vegas in early May - don't worry, I don't actually think that he's going to get any work done, but he works REALLY hard here at home, so he deserves to go and hang with the nerds at the whatever it's called computer thingy convention.

Saturday 4th of May 2013 - DH leaves us all alone here at home and flies to Las Vegas.

Tuesday 7th of May 2013 - DSIL (hubs' sister) arrives in Las Vegas from London. She's not going to the conference, but they are looking forward to spending some time together - it's been 18 months since we have seen her.

Friday 10th of May 2013 - DH and DSIL will catch the "red eye" to NYC.

Monday 13th of May 2013 - DS15, DD8 and I leave Sydney for NYC. We have one of those quick stops in LA (about 2 hours between flights), hopefully enough time for me to grab a People magazine and a packet of Raisinets after the nightmare of customs!

Friday 17th of May 2013 - DSIL leaves NYC to head home to London.

Monday 20th of May - fly from NYC to Orlando, Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside where we have a Princess room with a pool view...DS15 is going to be thrilled...hahaha.

Sunday 2nd of June 2013 - fly from Orando to Las Vegas. Even though DH will have been there 3 weeks before - we want to swim, shop and go to the Cheescake Factory!!

Wednesday 5th of June 2013 - fly home to Sydney via LA.

Friday 7th of June - arrive home, cry, start planning next holiday!!

I have a lot of things planned already, I will add more things as I go along.

Enough rambling - now to get DH to set up my ticker - I'm useless!!

1978 - Disneyland
1997 - WDW - Dixie Landings & Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2009 - Disneyland - Paradise Pier
2011 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
Busy Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great plan
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

Yay! We go to Disneyland in May.

I'm a bit scared to get too excited, because it may drag the days out even longer

Never been to NY, would love to go to WDW (maybe one day when I convince hubby he won't die on the long, long flight), and we loved Las Vegas.

Looking forward to hearing about your planning.
aussie shaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
battymum
DIS Veteran

I thought I replied to this one! Oh well...

"Yay!, looking forward to sharing the angst with you"
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Not sure if you've been to NYC before but if you haven't - you are going to love love love it!!!!!!

You've got a seriously tight connection at LAX on to NYC. Yikes. Be prepared to walk fast to your gate .

Looks like a great holiday. Looking forward to following along.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great schedule of places to visit, will be following with interest

Disney World - Dec 2015
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #7
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #8
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Hi again,

Ms. Shuttergirl - yes we have been to NYC before - and we can't wait to get back there for more. I think of New York and the times that I have been there EVERY day - for DH and I it's heaven and a whole week there this time has me beside myself!! The only thing that makes leaving NYC OK is that we will be heading to WDW - otherwise you would hear about me chained to the door of the Sephora in Times Square!!

As for the quick connection at LAX, my friend did it last year with her DH and 3 kids and she said that things went very well, and when we flew in 2011 the cabin crew on the plane gave out priority cards to people with tight timing and they were sent through a special customs line - wow I hope that this still exists!! I'm also hoping that since we are flying on Delta into and out of LAX, things will be easier. If all else fails I'll have my Raisinets and the kids and I can have a picnic in the airport!! (I REALLY don't want to have a picnic!!)

DH's birthday is on our last full day in WDW - I have booked Crystal Palace for breakfast and we plan to have a wonderful MK day - I had to laugh when I read last night that this is the day for Gay Days at the MK - it will definitely be a day to remember!!

Lastly - does anybody have any "must do" things in NYC - we have been before with the kids, and I need some new suggestions.

Happy Australia Day for tomorrow!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #9
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

I'm also subbing in.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
battymum
DIS Veteran

Just about every night someone will bring up something that we did on our 2011 trip !
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Aussiefamof5
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great trip!!!! NYC is my favourtie city in the world.

Disneyland DLH & HOJO November 2013

Aussiefamof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

I have American Girl booked in NYC. We kind of have an obsession with it after last time - it was the most amazing girly experience EVER!! We ate lunch in the cafe, with the doll in her own chair, and just had the most lovely day.

While we were there, DH and DS popped in and I was so glad because DH realised how amazing it all was and didn't moan later about how much money I had spent!!

So now on this trip I was planning on going back just to maybe get another outfit or two for the doll that DD8 already has BUT somebody at American Girl must have known that I was planning a cheap visit to them, because they have now released a special doll that not only looks like our DD but has the SAME NAME!!!! How could we not go?!?!?!?!

PS....we are taking DSIL - so maybe I can offset some of the cost!!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

What a pain. While there's quite a few things I like about the new Disney website, the dining reservations is not one of them. It seems that this is where people are having the most issues.

At present it won't recognise the 180 + 10 days on many DVC bookings, including mine. There's 2 months until my window opens up, so I'm hoping they mend the system by then. However, it appears all these glitches are not going to be an easy fix for Disney.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #14
battymum
DIS Veteran

Oh I have just spent the four days in NEw York, and haven't stopped thinkjng about how I can get back.

I loved that we took our kids there, but I would like to go back without them, cause its really hard to soak it all up, as the mum, you are always concerned about everyone else!!
I could even go there solo!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 AM   #15
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Solo works for me too!! I have almost a whole day to myself there in May. DH is taking the kids to a NY Red Bulls game, and I have my entire day planned from about 10am to 5pm......I'll be very happy to have them come back after the game, but in the mean time I'm going to soak up every second!!

We are also planning an adults only trip with our amazing friends for our 50th birthdays (I am relieved to say that trip is a loooooong way away)!! I'm already planning that one, NYC, Niagara Falls, Boston, Lancaster County, St Barts and Las Vegas....roll on 2019!!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: