Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Mflaherty
Mouseketeer

Poly vs boardwalk

Polynesian or boardwalk with a 2 and 4year old?
Mflaherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at BWI, but we have stayed at the BC and while the Epcot resorts are beautiful and are in a great location for going to Epcot and DHS, I think the Poly would be the best choice for a 2 and 4 year old. The Poly is just 2 monorail stops from MK, Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals, you are just a monorail ride away from a variety of TS dining options at the GF and CR, the beach is great for watching the fireworks with a short walk back to your room (instead of fighting the crowds out of MK with little ones), and the volcano pool is awesome. BWI is one resort we want to try, but the Poly is our overall favorite and I don't think you can beat the location, theme, and size of rooms especially when traveling with little ones. Good luck .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

BWI is my favorite resort but when my kids were young we really loved the Poly. Boat or monorail to MK and walk to TTC for direct Epcot monorail. My kids loved the Electric Water Pagent at night. The rooms are bigger at the Poly and the zero entry pool is great for the kids.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

stayed at both and boardwalk gets my vote. my kids the same ages as yours loved the boardwalk.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I would choose Poly. Especially if you will be spending a lot of time at MK. Nothing like hoping on the monorail and being back at your hotel in 2 minutes
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

We have stayed at both and that's a hard choice!

Ok, the Poly would have better transportation to the MK. It's a beautiful resort and I love their pool and food options.

The BW has a great location so close to DHS & Epcot. Tons of food options with all the resorts around the lake. Great night time family entertainment, great atmosphere & the rooms are beautiful. The clown pool might be scary for a small child lol. I like Poly's pool much better.

Either one you stay at you will have a great time! Just think about where you think you will be spending most of your time. If that answer is the MK, then go with the Poly.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Even though both resorts are in such great locations - it depends of what arks you think you will stay at the most.

POLY - MK/EPCOT (Epcot at TTC)
BWI - EPCOT/HS walking/boat

I personally would stay at POLY - bc it is a nicer resort IMO and I like the location better.

Whichever one you pick though - I don't think you could go wrong because each are in great areas of the world!

Have a great trip!

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: