Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

September 2013 with a twist - New 9/13 - we are on our way!

I already have a TR going ( SWW, BCR & Technically, we were literally on Mars! ) for our May/June trip but wanted to start a PTR for our September trip. We have been going to Disney the third week of September since 2006. We love it. Last year I attempted to do a live trip report(Live from BWV Sept 2012) while we were there but it got to be more than I could handle as I wanted to update every evening and most evenings I was just plain exhausted.

So this year I thought I would do a PTR followed by a TR that I could take my time with and do it right.
First up as always the cast
:

Me(Lisa) - I work fulltime in IT but have the luxury of working from home. My only hobby is planning vacations. I prefer Disney but am happy as long as I have a vacation in the works. My favorite park is Hollywood Studios with EPCOT a close second, favorite attraction is Soarin and favorite character is Jiminy Cricket.

Photo0222 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr (I am the one in the orange)

DH(Lets call him Grumpy - although he is really not) - He also works fulltime in IT(same company as me) and could have the luxury of working from home but prefers to go into the office. All of his hobbies revolve around sports and Boy Scouts with my DS. His favorite park is Hollywood Studios, favorite attraction is RnR and favorite character is Grumpy.

39493300017 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DS8(he will be 9 on the trip we will refer to him as Buzz) - He loves Star Wars, video games and Super Heroes. His hobbies usually involve a screen of some kind(TV, Tablet, Laptop etc&) although he is showing a real interest in Boy Scouts. His favorite park is Hollywood Studios, favorite attraction is Star Tours and favorite character is Buzz Lightyear.

Photo0295FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

DC(Disney Cousin Lets call her Tink) - My partner in crime. Tink has been to Disney more times than she can count. Her first trip was as a baby and she has gone back at least once(sometimes twice) a year since. She has way more energy than me and keeps me going on these trips. Her favorite park is Magic Kingdom, favorite attraction is Splash Mountain and favorite character is Tinkerbell.

Photo0222 by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr ( She's the one in the grey)

Tinks DH(Lets call him Swat) - I think his favorite park is Hollywood Studios, favorite attraction is RnR and I have no idea if he even has a favorite character(probably not).

Photo0563FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr ( he's in the grey sleeveless shirt)

Tink/Swat's - DS9(We will refer to him as - Gunz) - He loves the great outdoors. His hobbies are hunting & fishing. He finally got to the point on our last trip where he was willing to ride most everything except RnR which was a big leap from the previous year where we could not even get him on Soarin. I think his favorite park is Hollywood Studios, favorite attraction in ToT and favorite characters are Chip and Dale.

Photo0300FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Tink/Swat's - DS8(We will refer to him as - Stitch) - He is very much like his brother. He loves the great outdoors. His hobbies are hunting & fishing. He is the daredevil of our little ones. I think he rode Everest the second he was big enough. He came very close to getting on RnR last September so I suspect we will have no trouble getting him on there for our upcoming trip. I think his favorite park is Hollywood Studios, favorite attraction in ToT and favorite character is Stitch(or at least it was the only one I could get him to take a picture with the last trip).

Photo0304FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Tink/Swat's - DD6(We will refer to her as Ariel) - Our only girl since my DD21 stopped being able to go because of college). She loves everything about Disney and anything to do with the princesses. Her hobbies are dressing up like a princess and she has almost all the princess gowns. Her favorite park is Magic Kingdom, her favorite attraction is the M&Gs with the princesses and her favorite character is Ariel.

Photo0289FourBySix by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Tink's Mom and my aunt(we can call her Aunt P) - She is the Disney patriarch of the family(although I am the planner). She has been going since her children were little(which explains all of Tinks trips). I think she has probably been over 50 times. Her hobby is sewing and taking care of her grandkids. Her favorite park is Magic Kingdom, favorite attraction is the Electric light parade and I am not sure who her favorite character is but suspect it would be one of the fab 5(I will ask her the next time I seen her)

Tink's Dad and my uncle(we can call him Uncle F) - Aunt Ps partner in crime. He has also been going since his children were little. His hobbies revolve around taking care of the 20+ acres their house is on and taking care of his grandkids. He also loves Nascar. His favorite park is Magic Kingdom, favorite attraction is the hall of presidents and I doubt if he has a favorite character.

p&f by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Whew! So that is our crew for our annual September trip. I will post more about our plans later as this update has taken longer than I expected.

Last edited by lsenquiz; 10-09-2013 at 12:29 PM.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Chapter 1 - Some History on our Grand Gathering
Chapter 2 - Dates, Plans and the Twist
Chapter 3 - Day 1 - Bay Lake Tower!
Chapter 4 - Day 2 - EPCOT
Chapter 5 - Day 3 - 1st half - Magic Kingdom
Chapter 6 - Day 3 - 2nd half - Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party
Chapter 7 - O'hana's Breakfast and Resort Change
Chapter 8 - Real Life Update
Chapter 9 - Day 5 - Animal Kingdom
Chapter 10 - Day 6 - Magic Kingdom
Chapter 11 - Day 7 - Hollywood Studios
Chapter 12 - Day 8 - Disney Dream(Day 1)
Chatper 13 - Day 9 - Disney Dream(Day 2 - Nassau)
Chapter 14 - Day 10 - Disney Dream(Day 3 - Castway Cay)
Chapter 14 - Day 11 Disney Dream(Day 4 - final day)
Chapter 15 - Where do I go from here?

Major Changes - anyone new to the PTR should start here:
Chapter 1.1 - Introductions
Chapter 2.1 - Resort Changes
Chapter 3.1 - Day 1 - Boardwalk Check-in
Chapter 4.1 - Day 2 - Animal Kingdom
Chapter 5.1 - Day 3 - Magic Kingdom
Chapter 6.1 - Day 4 - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Chapter 7.1 - Day 5 - Hollywood Studios
Chapter 8.1 - Day 6 - Epcot
Chapter 9.1 - Day 7 - Magic Kingdom
Chapter 10.1 - Day 8 - Hollywood Studios
Chapter 11.1 - 29 Day Dance!!!!
Chapter 12.1 - Day 9 - Resort Change and Down Day
Chapter 13.1 - The Weekend that reset priorities
Chapter 14.1 - I made shirts and some pre-vacation purchases
Chapter 15.1 - Day 10 - Animal Kingdom
Chapter 16.1 - Single Digit Dance!!
Chapter 17.1 - Day 11 - Magic Kingdom
Chapter 18.1 - Days 12-14 - Catch All

Last edited by lsenquiz; 09-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Just joined in on your other PTR from our Skisney thread. I saw this PTR and clicked on it since September is my favorite time to go (when I can get off work) and realized it was yours too!

Looks like a fun crew and a great time of year!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Just joined in on your other PTR from our Skisney thread. I saw this PTR and clicked on it since September is my favorite time to go (when I can get off work) and realized it was yours too!

Looks like a fun crew and a great time of year!!
I joined your PTR also. I am looking forward to being able to read it this weekend when I will have time to really absorb it.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
labordefam3
Earning My Ears

Joining in. We will be going in September also! We've only ever been in Nov/Dec, and we are really looking forward to a different Disney season.

Me(43) DH(51) DD(22) (DCP Alum)
labordefam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labordefam3 View Post
Joining in. We will be going in September also! We've only ever been in Nov/Dec, and we are really looking forward to a different Disney season.
You will love it. It is our favorite time of the year to go. It can still be hot but we enjoy the longer days and the low low low crowds.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Day 8 - Disney Dream

Day 8 - Sun Sept 22nd

We will all be up early on this day because we need to make the drive to Port Canaveral to board:

Disney Dream by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from Mouse for Less

This will be the first Disney cruise for all of us and the first cruise ever for everyone except DH and myself. My Aunt, Uncle and Gunz (Tinks DS) will have arrived the night before so there will be 10 of us heading for Port Canaveral. I have no idea what our boarding time will be because we do not plan to even book the cruise until end of July. We are waiting because we would like to book a *GT rate.

For anyone who does not know what this is it is a discounted cruise rate that Disney releases about 60 days out for any cruise that is not at or close to capacity. These rates are not guaranteed but I have been tracking them since last August and I feel pretty good that they will be released for our September trip. I expect that we will save about $400 - $500 for the three of us for the 4 day cruise.

The downside to booking *GT rate is you do not get to select your cabin (you do get to select your type - i.e veranda, Ocean view or inside) and we will probably have to choose late dining ( I think we would have picked this anyway even if early dining was an option).

So regardless of what boarding time we get we will arrive early. I hope to be there by 10:30 - 11am. This will allow us to park, deal with the luggage and explore the boarding area.

This is how I think this day will go. I am very interested in comparing this to the trip report I finally write to see how I did with the plans. I can create a touring plan for the Disney parks in my sleep but have never cruised Disney so I feel like such a newbie:

First up:

We will check in, get our pictures made and check the kids into the kids club while we wait to be called to board. Eventually (hopefully earlier rather than later) we will be heading through here:

Entrance to Disney Dream by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from the internet

I am trying to think of a creative name to use for when they announce us. Sadly creativity is not my strong suit so I may put that responsibility on my DH.

If we get on the ship early enough we will head right to here to get everyone in the vacation mood:

Aqua Duck by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from Disney and more blogspot

I plan to carry on our swim stuff so we can change in the restrooms. We will also be carrying on some alcohol since we enjoy a night cap in our rooms in the evenings. I think it is excellent that Disney allows you to bring alchohol onboard. The only rule is that you have to carry it on and consume it in your room.

We will eat lunch by the pool and hang out here until our room is ready which should be around 1:30pm.

We will be reserving a room with a balcony so I plan to have some champagne in the room for a toast on the balcony when we first get in the room.

Disney Dreaam Balcony Room by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from Mouse Trips

After we have toasted and unpacked we will make our way here for the open house:

Oceaneers lab by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Oceaneers club by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Our 4 little ones plan to spend a lot of time here. My DS LOVES kids club and I will be lucky if I get to spend any time with him at all for this part of our vacation. Honestly that is a big reason why we wanted to spend so much time at Disney before the cruise. Since we will have been together 24/7 for the past 7 days I will be ok if DS prefers the kids club to me for the next 4 days.

It should be time for the muster drill by the time we are done exploring the Kids club so we will head to our designated spot. I have my fingers crossed that we get a spot in the air conditioning with seats. I dont think they require you to wear your life jackets to this drill anymore and I am so glad. My DS has anxiety about going on a boat anyway and I do not want him to be scared.

After the drill we will head here:

sail away party by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Photo borrowed from Inside the Magic

I am looking forward to this and hope that are decision to sail during hurricane and off season will make the boat less crowded so we can really enjoy this.

After the Sail Away party we will let the kids head to the kids club if they want. If they do, then the kid-less adults will head here:

quiet cove by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

If the kids want to hang with us then we may go on a character hunt.

We will all head here before dinner:

Golden Mickeys by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Then back to the room to get ready for dinner. I hope to have the following rotation for dinner:

Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace, Animators Palate, & Animators Palate. If I get my wish we will be eating here on our first day:

Enchanted Gardens by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We definitely plan to do dine and play since we want to really enjoy dinner and know that the kids will not want to sit through a two hour dinner. So, the kids will be picked up and taken to the kids club about 45 minutes after dinner starts.

After the adults are done with dinner we will swing by the kids club to see how the kids are doing. If they want to hang out with us then we will head here:

D Lounge by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

If they want to stay in the kids club then we will go check out some of the adults only entertainment.

Eventually it will be time to call it a night.

Up next: Nassau!

Last edited by lsenquiz; 03-02-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Hey I am coming over. I would love to do a disney cruise in the future. Your days look great!I need to get on the wagon. I kept getting delayed because my plans keep changing.
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | OCT 15
ME(28)and DS(5)
Sept 14 TRSept14 Video

Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
I would love to do a disney cruise in the future. .
I think a Disney cruise is a really great option for a single parent. I think they even have DIS meets on alot of the cruises specifically for single parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
I kept getting delayed because my plans keep changing.
I saw. I do not know what it is about the Georgia counties changing the fall break around so much. My cousin and I live in different counties. We used to have the same week off in September and then last year they moved hers so they are a week apart. She ended up having to take her two kids out of school for a week to accomidate our trip last year and I will take our DS out for a week this year. I was mad at first and then looked on the bright side and decided that would mean that we could go to Disney for two weeks instead of one.

I am one of those bad parents that think that is is not the end of the world to take your child out of school for a week especially when they are in the lower grades. My DS does not get to spend much time with his cousins so this annual trip is very important to us.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #10
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Love reading your Dream plans!! I have read good things about the *GT booking plan...I bet it will work out well for you too!

Seeing your cruise plans makes me so excited for our upcoming cruise!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #11
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post

Seeing your cruise plans makes me so excited for our upcoming cruise!!
I know! I can not wait to read your TR

Last edited by lsenquiz; 03-04-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #12
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Looks like a fun-filled day one on the cruise!

January 2017.
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
Looks like a fun-filled day one on the cruise!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Day 9 - Cruise day 2 - Nassau

Day 9 Ė Mon Sept. 23rd

This will be our second day on the Dream which is our Nassau day. We are still trying to figure out exactly what we will do this day- remember there are 10 of us to please. I think it is possible that we may split up. Two of the boys(Gunz & Stitch) want to go deep sea fishing with their dad. There is no way that our DS(Buzz) is going to do that. So I am going to list what I think we will be doing and we will see what the rest of the group settles on.

Because we will be making our Cruise reservations just 60 days before the cruise our options may be limited so I will list what we would like to do in order of priority:

This is our first Priority:

blue lagoon dolphin swim by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr
Borrowed from the internet

Our goal will be to get the 9:30am boat to Blue Lagoon. If we can then we will do our Dolphin encounter as soon as we get there and explore the area after that. We will make sure we take a boat back to the ship so we are back on board by 5pm.

If we are unable to secure a Blue Lagoon reservation our second option will be to head to Atlantis to do this:

Atlantis Shallow Water Dolphin by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

During this excursion we will spend 30 minutes in shallow water with the dolphins and then be allowed to explore the lagoons of Atlantis. Some of the Lagoons we do not want to miss are:

Ruins Lagoon by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Predator Lagoon by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

hibiscus lagoon by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

royal ray lagoon by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

If we donít get priority one or two then our plan will be to head to Atlantis through a different way:

Atlantis by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We have reserved a room at the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island. This will give us full access to Atlantis. This is a guarantee because I do not have to book through the cruise line. In fact, I have already reserved the room since we can cancel up to Sept 18th with no penalty. We will actually save about $200 by booking Atlantis this way rather than booking directly through Disney.

If we end up with this option, we will have to take a cab from the dock to the hotel and then back to the boat at the end of the day. We will check in to the hotel first thing in the morning and then head immediately to Atlantis. It will be nice to have the room if one of us needs a break but more than likely we will not use it

We will plan to see as much of Atlantis as we can before 4:30pm then head back to the boat.

We will explore the Lagoons first and then head to the water park. Sadly there is not much that are little ones can(or will) do since most everything requires a 48Ē height. (this is the main reason why this was not our priority 1 option.). We will probably spend some time on the lazy river and here:

Current River by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

This is a fast moving version of the lazy river

Finally we will spend some relaxing time here:

Beach Atlantis by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

We want to be back on the boat by 5pm so we can get cleaned up in time to see this:

Villians tonight by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

After the show we will either go play Bingo or go to the Family Dance Party. Then hopefully we will be heading to here for dinner (this will depend on if I get the dining rotation I am hoping for):

Royal Palace by Disneyalwaysn4ever, on Flickr

Once again, the kids will participate in Dine and Play so they will be picked up about 45 minutes after dinner starts and taken to the kids club.

Once we are done with dinner we will swing by the kids club to see if the kids want to stay or come hang out with us. If they want to hang with us we will head to the D-lounge to see what is going on there. If they want to stay in the kids club we will head to the adults only part of the ship.

We will try to get to bed at a decent hour because the next day is our Castaway Cay day and I want to be off the ship very early so we can enjoy a full day on the island.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #15
katt789
DIS Veteran

Iím in!!

Weíll be there the 11-19th! Iíll see if we have any match ups on our days! It looks like this is certainly an adventurous trip! Lots of pirates thatís for sure! Haha.

Iíve always wanted to stay at BLT, itís really the only part of the Contemp that appeals to me, haha. Weíre doing CMís our arrival day too, havenít eaten there yet, but Iím hoping itís good!

Weíll be at Epcot the same day, thatís for sure! I love Turtle Talk! Thereís no kids in our travel group but Iím always insistent on making a stop here, itís super cute!

From what Iíve heard you miss the ďdesign a carĒ thing in the FP line.

Looks like great minds think alike, weíre at MK/MNSSHP the same day too! Itís our second MK day so weíre starting at Crystal Palace pre park opening! My guess is weíll be in the Frontier/Adventureland side of the park most of the day, but also all over the place, bahah.

Awesome that wait times have historically been that low! Thatís GREAT! Our party plans are pretty much the same but weíll be heading to the Princess/Prince line instead of the dwarfs!

We share a love for FOTLK! I would sit and watch that show all day!

Those cruise plans sound great! I want to do a Disney cruise, but am a little afraid of the whole boat thing, bahaha. Iím sure Iíd be fine once on one, but I feel like Iíd rather do a cruise with more port time than at sea time, your itinerary looks perfect, lol!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: