Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

POR question, need help!

You all helped me a few months ago decide to stay in a very crowded room at POR (which we are all OK with, promise!), but I have some questions. I know the buildings are 2 story and with no elevator, and I'm afraid. I've just recently hurt my knee and we have a 1 year old who will be in a stroller most of the time. What do I need to do to get a first floor room?

We check in on a bad day, the Saturday of the marathon (last week of FEB). Is there any hope for us?
10/2010 for MNSSHP with DH, DS (8), and DS (3)
4/2011 Surprise Birthday and Graduation Trip!!
2/2013 Baby's First Trip!
2/2014 Cause we can!
AlexandAndysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandAndysMom
You all helped me a few months ago decide to stay in a very crowded room at POR (which we are all OK with, promise!), but I have some questions. I know the buildings are 2 story and with no elevator, and I'm afraid. I've just recently hurt my knee and we have a 1 year old who will be in a stroller most of the time. What do I need to do to get a first floor room?

We check in on a bad day, the Saturday of the marathon (last week of FEB). Is there any hope for us?
There are elevators in the Mansion section. It may a fairly long walk to your room but you won't have to climb stairs.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandAndysMom

I bet you could get some great and specific info in the POR thread.

I general, we just tell them there's a NEED for first floor, and that's what we have been given. While doing online. He min there's even a request to check off for lower floor, and you can make that a priority over possibly getting a room early. But you can info more specific to POR in hat superthread....

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

While any request is never guaranteed, you can either phone and have the request for a ground floor room added as a note on your reservation, or you can select a ground floor room as one of the requests when you do online check in. As a PP noted, the mansion buildings all have elevators.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies! We will be staying in Alligator Bayou due to the size of our party (3 adults, 2 children, 1 infant). I'm just worried that if we are on the 2nd floor either I won't be able to make it up there at the end of the day (or down in the mornings). Really don't know what I did to my knee, but man, it hurts!
2/2014 Cause we can!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
There are elevators in the Mansion section. It may a fairly long walk to your room but you won't have to climb stairs.
If they are a family of 5, they will be in the Alligator Bayou section where there are no elevators. No families of 5 are placed in the mansions.

You can request a first floor room and state it's due to injury. You'll likely be able to get one, or at least be able to switch to one a day or two into your trip. Also, the earlier you check-in, the better the chance of getting one.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
If they are a family of 5, they will be in the Alligator Bayou section where there are no elevators. No families of 5 are placed in the mansions.

You can request a first floor room and state it's due to injury. You'll likely be able to get one, or at least be able to switch to one a day or two into your trip. Also, the earlier you check-in, the better the chance of getting one.
Thank you! Yes, there are a lot of us cramming into a very small room! But, it's worth it!
2/2014 Cause we can!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
gemini2727
Mouseketeer

If no first floor rooms are available for you at check-in, maybe you could request one when it does become available, if it's the next day or so. One trip we requsted a certain building, which was unavailable at check-in. The CM said if we didn't mind moving, we could have it the next day. So we just didn't fully unpack and made the move on our second day. It was a little inconvenient, but we appreciated the offer and it was worth moving to us.

(April 1976-Off Site) (April 1993-CB) (July 1998-ASMusic) (April 2006-ASMovies)
(March 2009-POR) (March 2010-POR) (Sept 2011-POR) (Aug 2012-POR) (Aug 2013-BC)

gemini2727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: