Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Disney Dream June 13, 2013 (3-night)

My family and I will be on this cruise. Can't wait to find out if there are others.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Bump
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Toria
DIS Veteran

DH and I will be on this sailing as well. We are leaving the kids with family. We call this our re-connect trip. We will take one every year. So excited and this will be my fourth and his third.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
DH and I will be on this sailing as well. We are leaving the kids with family. We call this our re-connect trip. We will take one every year. So excited and this will be my fourth and his third.
That is awesome! I am happy to see that it will be more than 4 people on this cruise

DH, and I need to leave the kiddos and just go. This is our 7th Disney Cruise, but my sons 4th!

Welcome!!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #7
Toria
DIS Veteran

Just dropping in to say hello. Hope all planning is going well. Soon I will be booking our pre stay hotel in Orlando, purchasing tickets to Universal Studios and post cruise hotel. I am so thankful that we live about 6 hours away, which saves on airfare. Happy planning!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #8
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria
Just dropping in to say hello. Hope all planning is going well. Soon I will be booking our pre stay hotel in Orlando, purchasing tickets to Universal Studios and post cruise hotel. I am so thankful that we live about 6 hours away, which saves on airfare. Happy planning!
If we lived closer, we would be broke. Lol. Oh how I wish we did, I would be there or in the area at least once every two months. You are right about airfare! No Bueno, however, it's a necessary evil I guess .

I am in the process of planning how to surprise the kids the whole vacation (DCL/WDW) and for some reason it is hard and it shouldn't be. I have a 10yo dd and she is just as nosey as they come. Lol. It comes in handy when I need her to spy, but not so fun when I'm trying to surprise her. Lol. My 4yo ds could care less. I love Universal Studios!!!

Let the continued planning continue
Old 03-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Wait. I'm losing it. I just told dh that there will be another 10yo on the ship. Then it dawned on me.... The kids know nothing about this trip yet lol. I truly can't hold water I see. Lol. That's ok because when she finds out I can share this with her.

Last edited by S'sMom; 03-03-2013 at 07:35 AM.
S'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
speakupjc
DIS Veteran

We are looking forward to meeting you and your family. My daughter is so happy that there will be another girl her age on the cruise. I read your blog and noticed that we have a lot in common so we will have lots to talk about. The things that we have in common include the following: (1) We are both DVC members (we own at SSR, AKL, and OKW, (2) I am a bzz agent as well and (3) My goal is to be on the Disney Mom's Panel. (I have made it to the second round twice but never reached my goal. Congrats on being a member of the Mom's Panel this year. That is so exciting). I loved reading your blog and look forward to meeting you!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #11
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakupjc
We are looking forward to meeting you and your family. My daughter is so happy that there will be another girl her age on the cruise. I read your blog and noticed that we have a lot in common so we will have lots to talk about. The things that we have in common include the following: (1) We are both DVC members (we own at SSR, AKL, and OKW, (2) I am a bzz agent as well and (3) My goal is to be on the Disney Mom's Panel. (I have made it to the second round twice but never reached my goal. Congrats on being a member of the Mom's Panel this year. That is so exciting). I loved reading your blog and look forward to meeting you!
Thank you so much for the Congrats and reading my blog! This MP journey is unreal, and I am loving every minute of it . We do have lots in common. I love it.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #12
4WDWfans
Earning My Ears

Speakupjc, love the t-shirt slogans, great that you can do the 2 cruises!

S'sMom, congrats on the Mom's panel! It is my goal to be on it one day

Toria, DVC has been great for us, hope that you are able to do it!

Since this our first ever cruise, any tips for us? I know how to plan/prepare for WDW, but no clue about the cruise Thanks!
4WDWfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WDWfans View Post
Speakupjc, love the t-shirt slogans, great that you can do the 2 cruises!

S'sMom, congrats on the Mom's panel! It is my goal to be on it one day

Toria, DVC has been great for us, hope that you are able to do it!

Since this our first ever cruise, any tips for us? I know how to plan/prepare for WDW, but no clue about the cruise Thanks!
Tip 1- use your navigator to plan your day. There are many different activities and it can be overwhelming.

Tip 2- bring ones to tip the porter and room service.

Tip 3- wear your swimsuits under your clothes when boarding. Our kids had the pool to themselves with 2 other kids for about an hour on our last cruise.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Some additional tips. Toria, hit the nail on the head with hers.

1. If you have the earlier dinner, order room service, if you get hungry later in the night. We usually do the late dinner, but this time we are going for the earlier dinner. I just hope we don't regret it. I'm not sure if I will be hungry. We did an early dinner for one night on our 2nd cruise, immediately changed that, but ordering room service helped alot. Of course that was pre-2nd child. Lol

2. Don't try to do everything. You will never be able to sit and enjoy yourself.

3. Tidbit I learned from my last cruise: in the hall there are stars in the carpet on the Dream. The tip of the star is the Forward of the ship, and the rest is the AFT. That really helped because we did get lost a bit. Lol. I knew we were AFT and so many times we were going the wrong way. Lol.

4. There are newer movies on the TV on On Demand. This may not mean much, but if you happen to have a minute to take a nap etc.. Watching something comes in handy.

5. See at least one show and one movie. Lol

6. When riding the AquaDuck, please note that there is a dip where the water completely drenches your hair (or at least did mine). Lol. I made the mistake of doing it on the first night. No good for me and my hair. Lol. I have a friend that forgot to tell me and needless to say. She owes me one. . Oh I can't swim either. Lol

As I think if more i will post

Ok I have never done an FE. How does it work?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
4WDWfans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
Some additional tips. Toria, hit the nail on the head with hers.

1. If you have the earlier dinner, order room service, if you get hungry later in the night. We usually do the late dinner, but this time we are going for the earlier dinner. I just hope we don't regret it. I'm not sure if I will be hungry. We did an early dinner for one night on our 2nd cruise, immediately changed that, but ordering room service helped alot. Of course that was pre-2nd child. Lol

2. Don't try to do everything. You will never be able to sit and enjoy yourself.

3. Tidbit I learned from my last cruise: in the hall there are stars in the carpet on the Dream. The tip of the star is the Forward of the ship, and the rest is the AFT. That really helped because we did get lost a bit. Lol. I knew we were AFT and so many times we were going the wrong way. Lol.

4. There are newer movies on the TV on On Demand. This may not mean much, but if you happen to have a minute to take a nap etc.. Watching something comes in handy.

5. See at least one show and one movie. Lol

6. When riding the AquaDuck, please note that there is a dip where the water completely drenches your hair (or at least did mine). Lol. I made the mistake of doing it on the first night. No good for me and my hair. Lol. I have a friend that forgot to tell me and needless to say. She owes me one. . Oh I can't swim either. Lol

As I think if more i will post

Ok I have never done an FE. How does it work?
Thanks for all of the tips! I really appreciate them.

We discovered doing Fish Extender gifts while looking through DIS Boards. You join a FE group, then the families participating hang a FE on their door on the cruise (I ordered one from ETSY). During the cruise, people who joined the FE group leave small gifts in the FE of the others in the group. I have been looking at Fish Extender gift ideas on DIS & on Pintrest - there are so many great ideas out there! We thought it would be fun for the boys to leave & receive surprises!
4WDWfans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: