Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Disney Dining Plan calculator - Amazing Tool!!!

Hey everyone! I found a great tool online for calculating the best Disney Dining Plan for me (and you)! These people I subscribe to on YouTube just uploaded a video explaining this CRAZY spreadsheet they have! You put in where you are going to eat and some other things like adults and kids and how much you tip and stuff and it shows you how much you should budget for meals if paying cash and shows how much you save or lose with each Disney Dining Plan. It's AMAZING!!!!!!!!! (oh and for you lucky people who can get Tables in Wonderland it does that too!)

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDg...456VJg&index=1

The website with the file is here: http:/www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

Of course it is free! I just had to share this because I found out that by not getting a Dining Plan I am going to spend $150 less on food!!! More money for souvenirs!

Greatest tool EVER!!
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
ScrampShopper
Mouseketeer

I can't get any of the drop down menus using Numbers. I will have to wait until I can use my husband's laptop. It is a very elaborate spreadsheet, can't wait to play with it.
ScrampShopper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Works fine for me!!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
HollyP
Mouseketeer

This is awesome. Thanks for posting.

06/1986- off property
08/1996- Carribean Beach-Honeymoon
09/2000- DixieLandings
09/2002-All Star Music
09/2009- Port Orleans Riverside
09/2013- Port Orleans Riverside
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Good info, thanks!

Now to kill some serious time running different scenarios.....
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
PA Disneymania
Earning My Ears

Great spreadsheet

It verified what I thought - the DDP does not work for us; we are not big dessert eaters, especially after a meal. I would prefer an ice cream later on in the evening (while waiting for the bus back to the resort!).
PA Disneymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHB ILU
Hey everyone! I found a great tool online for calculating the best Disney Dining Plan for me (and you)! These people I subscribe to on YouTube just uploaded a video explaining this CRAZY spreadsheet they have! You put in where you are going to eat and some other things like adults and kids and how much you tip and stuff and it shows you how much you should budget for meals if paying cash and shows how much you save or lose with each Disney Dining Plan. It's AMAZING!!!!!!!!! (oh and for you lucky people who can get Tables in Wonderland it does that too!)

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDg...456VJg&index=1

The website with the file is here: http:/www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

Of course it is free! I just had to share this because I found out that by not getting a Dining Plan I am going to spend $150 less on food!!! More money for souvenirs!

Greatest tool EVER!!
Thanks.. Can't wait see how it comes out...

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Im staying offsite, so i used it to try and estimate the cost of our meals that we will be doing at disney. It was really helpful. I then went to allears menus and looked up each restaurant and made an estimate there... They are pretty accurate. Im glad i did because i was UNDERESTIMATING my cost in disney meals. Now i can adjust!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

This was really neat. I will save more OOP but if I decided I preferred a pre-paid plan, I now know which one would be cheapest for our family.

Thanks!

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
neilbrassfrog
Earning My Ears

This is cool and confirms what I thought: if my daughter was 9 the plan would be worth it, but because she is 10 it is not.
neilbrassfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
PA Disneymania
Earning My Ears

works on a Mac

My MacBook Pro was able to download the file. I entered the data using Excel for Office 2004.
I cannot, however, make ADRs using my MacBook Pro. I don't get the Continue or Next button, only the Cancel button. I can, however, make the ressies on my iPad. Strange but true.
It's a long time until June.
PA Disneymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look at this more once we have our park days settled for October and see if there is free dining.

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct14 - GF (MNSSHP)

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Jun15 - Yellowstone/Grand Teton Parks
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

After playing around with it and checking the accuracy of the prices, I found that the total cost isn't very accurate (like several hundreds of dollars off). But it did confirm that TIW is the best way to go for our dining style (breakfast in room, CS for lunch, signature for dinner). I was surprised to find that the next best way to go is OOP, not the DxDDP like I suspected.

I do wish they would include the Swan/Dolphin restaurants, and I wonder how updated it is considering Bistro is now Monsieur Paul and Yakitoria House is now Katsura Grill.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #14
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
After playing around with it and checking the accuracy of the prices, I found that the total cost isn't very accurate (like several hundreds of dollars off). But it did confirm that TIW is the best way to go for our dining style (breakfast in room, CS for lunch, signature for dinner). I was surprised to find that the next best way to go is OOP, not the DxDDP like I suspected.
I have to say that I anticipate the dollar amounts are WAY off too. We have never spent $1500 for food and that's what it is estimating... I guess we'll have to see what happens this time!

Either way it's a pretty cool tool... especially for us WDW addicts!
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

I don't know when it was last updated but I did plug in where we ate in October 2012 and then compared receipts from my trip back in October and when using the "Average" option, it said my OOP was $1,788 and using the "High" option it said my OOP was $2,312 and my receipts were $2,217 and we do usually (but not always) order the most expensive things! So it was pretty accurate for us!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: