Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Sit back, because this PTR is going to be legen... Wait for it… dary! UPDATED 7/4/13

Sit back, because this PTR is going to be legen... Wait for it.. dary!

Lengendary

HELLO everyone! This is my first ever PTR and I am very excited to do one. I have read so many wonderful PRT and TR that I wanted to start doing them. So lets get started.

This trip has been in the making for 8 years. Why 8 years you asks, well that is how long it took for the little man that this trip is meant for to come along. Now I just love the whole princess thing so having a boy I now have to start to like all that boy stuff like Legos and Star Wars and pirates. I do have to say that Sharkey and Bones can really get me dancing though. Well with all that said I think that I should now introduce the cast of this PTR.

Drum roll please...

First off is my DH, MICAH. He is 40 years old and a wonderful Husband and more importantly an outstanding Dad. He works really hard for our family so that I can be a stay at home Mom. Micah went only once to the MK and DHS before he meet me, and since we have been together and married we have gone 4 times including part of our Honeymoon. He thinks that I am Disney crazy (I am) but I dont think he would have it any other way. Micah loves Golf, and Fantasy Football and of course the Green Bay Packers. (I am a Tennessee Titans fan, so that makes that match up fun in our house)

Favorite Disney Food: Mickey Bar, Turkey Leg
Favorite Disney Restaurant: Ohana (dinner) and Cape May (dinner)
Favorite Disney Movie: Toy Story
Favorite Disney Song: When you wish upon a star
Favorite Disney Ride: Splash Mountain
Favorite Disney Character: The Green Army Men (He thinks they say funny things)

Okay next up is me. My name is Jill and I am 34 years old and I live and breathe Disney. I am on this site all day every day. I just cant get enough. I am a stay at home mom who loves cooking, baking, shopping, fantasy football and playing with my son. I love to make fun and cute Disney itineraries for all our Disney trips. Again my DH thinks that I am crazy, but he does say that they come in handy at times. I have been to Disney at least 15 times in my life. This to me is not enough and I know that now that we have DS, we will be going a lot more. I am always trying to get Micah to get a job transfer to Florida so that we can go whenever we want, but so far he is not moving

Favorite Disney Food: Dole Whip
Favorite Disney Restaurant: Ohana (dinner) and Chef Mickeys (breakfast)
Favorite Disney Movie: Little Mermaid and the Fox and the Hound
Favorite Disney Song: Part of Your World, and the Headless Horseman
Favorite Disney Ride: Splash Mountain, Mr. Toads Wild Ride and Teacups
Favorite Disney Character: Ariel (duh) and the Green Aliens from Toy Story

And now the star of the PTR, MASON!!!!!! Mason is 20 months and the love of my life. He is so outstanding in every way. I know that I said that I was hoping for a girl, but I could not have been happier with this little boy. I guess God knows better than you do. He loves to dance. We have dance parties together all the time during the day. He is just going to love all the music at Disney.

Favorite Disney Food: We will have to wait and see
Favorite Disney Restaurant: We will have to wait and see
Favorite Disney Movie: We have not really watched any yet
Favorite Disney Song: At this time I think it would have to be anything by Sharkey and Bones
Favorite Disney Ride: We will have to wait and see
Favorite Disney Character: Mickey Mouse (of course) and any from Jake and the Neverland Pirates

WE ARE ALSO HOPING THAT GRANDMA WILL BE COMING WITH US TOO!

I WILL UPDATE MORE ON HER WHEN WE KNOW IF SHE WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE IT.

UP NEXT: THE DETAILS

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)

Last edited by Wanna be Ariel; 07-04-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

BIG Thank you!!!

I wanna give a HUGE Thank you to marDgreen88. Ms. Marissa really helped me get started with my first PTR.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Many Trips Before DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I am jumping in...Mason is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

I'm here for the ride too! Mason is adorable...you are going to have SO much fun seeing Disney through his eyes!!

When are you going? I'm planning to go in August (PTR in sig line). Looks from your ticker it's around the same time.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hey, I'm here! I finally found it. (I had to look back at our PMs to find it haha!)

AHHH you have such a cute family! Mason is just adorable! I hope his first trip is everything you hope it will be and more!

Oh my goodness, you're so welcome! You really didn't have to say that! Thank you! I'm glad I could help!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I am jumping in...Mason is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!

Glad you are joining. In fact just a few days ago I started to read your TR too! Thank you about Mason. He is a little Ham and loves to get his picture taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
I'm here for the ride too! Mason is adorable...you are going to have SO much fun seeing Disney through his eyes!!

When are you going? I'm planning to go in August (PTR in sig line). Looks from your ticker it's around the same time.

I can't wait to see his face when he steps into the Magic Kingdom for the first time. I have been Disney brain washing him since I found out I was prego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hey, I'm here! I finally found it. (I had to look back at our PMs to find it haha!)

AHHH you have such a cute family! Mason is just adorable! I hope his first trip is everything you hope it will be and more!

Oh my goodness, you're so welcome! You really didn't have to say that! Thank you! I'm glad I could help!
Yeah!!! Glad you found me. I am so thankful for your help. I had to let everyone know. Thank you for saying that Mason is adorable. Funny thing is that he knows it too! Mason has alot of pressure on him to make sure that this trip is everything I hope it will be Will he live up to it??? We will have to see. I really love your TR. They are so funny. I hope mine can be half as good.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm joining in!! First I have to say Mason is super cute and your husband has great taste in football teams (I am also a Packer fan)! .

How awesome you'll be staying at the Polynesian!!! My family stayed there all the time when my sisters and I were younger. I just love it there.

Can't wait for more!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I'm joining in!! First I have to say Mason is super cute and your husband has great taste in football teams (I am also a Packer fan)! .

How awesome you'll be staying at the Polynesian!!! My family stayed there all the time when my sisters and I were younger. I just love it there.

Can't wait for more!
Thank you for saying Mason is cute. My DH is just starting to get over the Packer loss from 2 weeks ago. He takes it pretty hard.

I really am very excited about the Poly stay. It cant come fast enough. I saw that you have DVC. That is really cool. I hope that when the Poly gets DVC we will be able to make that our "Home". That would be so cool.

Thanks for joining and stay warm. It is cold in our part of the world this week.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Joining!!! Looking forward to reading all about your trip.

I would love to stay at the Polynesian. Maybe one day.

I am a big Fantasy Football player too, however I am a Patriots Fan!! Still crushed by our horrific loss to the Ravens last night.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I hope you enjoy the dates you picked! I'm sure it'll be great. Club level sounds awesome!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Joining!!! Looking forward to reading all about your trip.

I would love to stay at the Polynesian. Maybe one day.

I am a big Fantasy Football player too, however I am a Patriots Fan!! Still crushed by our horrific loss to the Ravens last night.
Welcome. Thanks for joining in. I love Fantasy Football. I am in 2 leauges so it is really fun. I hate that football season is now ending. Sorry that the Pats lost. It was a good game though.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 01-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Mason is a cutie! He can be the star any day in my book!

Love the Poly, it is such a lovely resort, I am glad you got the discount to save some money, you need every penny when you are Disney obsessed and a stay at home mom.

I am going to read along as much as I can.

Great start!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Okay here is what we have so far:
Date-September 21st thru September 27th
Transportation- Flying

I love reading about other tips people have used to make their vacation easier and/or cheaper. So when I read a thread started by Camdensmon about how they save time and money by staying at the Hyatt in the Orlando International Airport, I could not be more excited about this. Here is the link if anyone would like to read more about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038683

Basically how it will work for us (and this is how they did it too.) We are hopefully going to take a 4:00 flight out on Friday September 20th getting us in to MCO at about 8:30ish. I think this is a time that will be good for Mason, since he will be winding down for the day and he will get to bed at a normal time. It will also let Micah work a half of day and we can start our vacation right away on Friday night. I looked at prices and they seem to be a good deal, not to mention a lot cheaper than that Friday night at the Poly when we get in. So if all things work out, we should all be fast asleep within 1 hour of landing. I just love this idea. Really just read this thread. It makes so much sense.

Well now we have to decide if we are going to take the Magical Express when we get to the airport or are we going to rent a car. We have never taken the ME before so I am not really sure how this is going to be. We have always been able to rent a car and get a great deal on it. I will say that the car really sits in a parking spot 90% of the time, but it is nice to have if we would need anything at a store or want to get somewhere faster. Right now we are leaning with taking the ME to save a little bit of money. Plus at that time of the morning I don’t think there will be any lines to wait in for a bus. Just jump in and go. But I will keep checking rental car prices just in case. The thing that worries me the most is the longer waits for the buses getting around Disney. I keep hearing about how long it takes to get places. We won’t need the buses that much, but for going to DHS and DTD we would. We won’t be doing AK this trip, so I don’t need to worry about that. *SIDE NOTE* since we won’t be doing AK that means I can’t get to AKL to try those tasty Zebra Domes everyone talks about. Oh well next trip

So now that we have the boring information out of the way, we can finally start to talk about what matters…ADVANCE DINNING RESERVATIONS

Up next...Our long list of places and food we want to try or eat at.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Welcome. Thanks for joining in. I love Fantasy Football. I am in 2 leauges so it is really fun. I hate that football season is now ending. Sorry that the Pats lost. It was a good game though.
Wow. 2 leagues!! I only manage one league but my DH is in 2. We are in 12 man leagues and we know all the other teams, they are made up of our friends. My DH and I even get to play against each other once each season. I am bummed that football season is over as well. I love watching the games and cheering for my players. Ah well, 8 months and we can draft our team for the new season.

So excited to join in on the plans for your vacation, can't wait to see how everything works out. Looking forward to a few months from now when we will be able to start getting some planning done for our trip.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #15
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Congrats on upgrading to CL! As for transportation, ME is easy ad wonderful. The buses really aren't bad. The only downside (and reason we rented a car til the youngest was three) is that you have to fold your stroller. So trying to get on a crowded bus with a tired or sleeping baby and a stroller and your bags is a pain. Just something to think about. At least at poly you can wheel him on the monorail for MK and EP.

And we stayed at the Hyatt in MCO once (I think I actually relayed our story in that thread and it was so easy). I just booked DCL for may and we will stay there the night we get in before leaving for PC in the morning. Just remember if you do use DME, don't put on your luggage age until you are in Orlando!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: