Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
ShepFam
Mouseketeer

Split stay question...food!

I've searched the threads and I haven't found the answer (or maybe I didn't look hard enough!) but...we are planning a split stay this summer and we usually order lots of food from wego or gardengrocer. My question is, will they move the food to our new resort (if it is packed of course) along with our luggage, and more importantly will the things that need to be kept refrigerated be done so at the resort we are leaving and then at the new one we are checking into? Just wondering if anyone has ever had food moved with their luggage and how it all went! Thanks
ShepFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepFam View Post
My question is, will they move the food to our new resort (if it is packed of course) along with our luggage, and more importantly will the things that need to be kept refrigerated be done so at the resort we are leaving and then at the new one we are checking into?
Yup! Just make sure what needs to be refrigerated is clearly marked and separate from what doesn't need to be refrigerated.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
ShepFam
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

Thanks dansdad...that will make things much easier and one less thing to have to worry about!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #4
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Make sure you note down how many food bags you have, for yourself and a brief description of what type, color, bag it is. Grocery store name?
For some reason Bell Service has a problem with finding the bags. We've had our groceries stored twice, leaving bags at Bell Service for early check in when room wasn't ready yet. Both times when I got into the room and called down to Bell Service for them to bring up luggage, at least one food bag each time was missing, and they had to look for it.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We've also had problems with missing bags; it's a time sucker waiting on bell services to locate. It has happened to us twice now.

Also keep in mind that items are not refrigerated during the actual transfer. I've ended up with wilted greens that couldn't handle the heat in the transport vans (there is no way to know how long your items will be in transit).
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
tazleiten12
DIS Veteran

We do it every trip, sometimes twice a trip! I never had a missing bag. I usually bring a soft cooler and some gallon zip locks in my suitcase. Then i can fill the ziplocks with ice and pack them with the food in the soft cooler. When is time to go home, i can put the cooler back in my suitcase.

MARIE Disney Nut Since 1993! DVC Member since 2006!
tazleiten12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
ShepFam
Mouseketeer

Thanks Everyone!

I'll definitely mark everything very carefully, and Taz the idea of the soft cooler (what I usually call the "booze bag"!) is a great one for cold cuts, milk, etc. So thanks again everyone, as usual the best place for info. from those in the know

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: