Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

BWV - buying park tickets at resort with gift cards

We've decided to wait until we get to WDW in a few weeks to buy our park tickets because, with our luck, we could run into bad weather or someone could get sick. We plan on buying 4 or 5 day hoppers with multiple gift cards. This is our first time to WDW so I'm not sure where I would buy them (front desk or conseirge?). We are landing around 8:30 PM and using ME so we might not get to BWV until 10-11 pm. Is this too late in the day to buy them at the resort or do I have to wait until the morning? We plan on going to MK for RD the next morning and I'd like to get on the bus as soon as I can. Thanks
twinklestar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

I am wondering about this same question, only at POP century. We were hoping to purchase tickets there with gift cards. We were also wondering about adding them to our KTTW.

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
ahutton
WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

If you are using a DVC discount I believe you have to buy tickets at Guest Services at the park, or we did, but we were buying annual passes. I believe if the concierge desk is closed then the front desk of the hotel can help you. If it turns out you need to go to Guest Services, our experience is MK is the busiest park by far and EPCOT's gateway is least crowded. If it is an evening where EPCOT has Extra Magic Hours you might ask if the Guest Services kiosk at the International Gateway is still open and hustle over there to purchase. Our second choice if EPCOT is not convenient would be to go to the Studios as that seems to move better than MK too.

Proud Second Generation SwanDolphin Cheerleader
ahutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

The concierge desk in your hotel will be open from 7am until 10pm daily. If they are closed, there's a chance that the people staffing the front desk MAY have the training and system access to be able to sell tickets, but it's probably more likely that they would refer you to the concierge desk in the morning.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

Thanks, everyone. I'm not a DVC member, I'm staying on my sister's points. I think I will try and buy them when I get there and if I can't, I will do it first thing in the morning. I'd rather not wait and buy them at MK. Maybe I'll call ahead and ask too.
twinklestar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

It was several years ago now, but we checked in very late one night (maybe 11-11:30pm) at All Star Music and we were able to purchase tickets at the desk when we checked in.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
dsanner106
DIS Veteran

I have arrived very late at BWV and was still able to buy and add tickets to my keys at checkin. Give it a try, at worst you can get them at 7 am the next morning.

D

72 offsite
'74 offsite, '01 Old Key West,'02 Wyndham
'03 timeshare,'04 Pop Century '04 Coronado Springs
'05 Offsite
'06 All Star Sports 06 CoronadoSprings '07 Bonnett Creek 07 All Star Music '08 Pop Century '08 Boardwalk Villas '09 Beachclub Villas '09 Animal Kdom kidani village'10 Saratoga Sp, '11 Bay Lake Towers,' 12' Boardwalk, '12 AK Kidani
dsanner106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: