Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
jillandvaughn
Earning My Ears

Wilderness Lodge balconies???

We are so excited to be having our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge this March!!! Could one of you experts give me some info on the WL balconies? Please illuminate: which floors have the "solid" balcony walls? are the rooms with this type of balcony darker because of the solid wall?
Thank you oh wise ones!
jillandvaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
justcantwait
DIS Veteran

Sorry I can't help you with your specific question. We had a room on the 5th floor with a balcony looking over the inner courtyard. LOVED it! So nice to sit out there at the end of the day, listen to the music, and watch the people coming and going from the boat dock. The kids liked watching the ducks and rabbits from there too. Anyway, I'm sure someone will come along soon to answer that for you. If not, check out this site: http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/ I'm sure it has all the info you're looking for and more. Have a great trip!

Kathy
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
PAGAS
Mouseketeer

We were on the first floor and our room was halfway buried underground. It was SO dark. Make sure you don't get a room on the first floor. It was awful.
Disneyland March 2014 * Coronado Springs May 2014 * Port Orleans August 2014
PAGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

The top floor has the solid balcony, hated it.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
willeve
Mouseketeer

Just to be different, we had first floor room with a patio and loved it! We were about 20 steps from Roaring Forks going left out of the room, and about 10 steps away from the exit door to the pool and boat dock turning right, super location for us and we did not find the room too dark. If we needed light we would head for the patio, everyone has different opinions!
willeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I believe the 6th floor and parts of the 5th floor have the solid balcony walls. I don't know if it makes the room darker, but I do know that you have to stand to see anything off your balcony. You cannot sit and enjoy the view with this kind of balcony.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

I had one like this in a pool view room at AKL. It was awful, and they were kind enough to move us to a different room. We don't get to stay deluxe most of the time, and if we do, we like to sit and chill - and people watch. Not wall watch .
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
SLamott1973
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="willeve"]Just to be different, we had first floor room with a patio and loved it! We were about 20 steps from Roaring Forks going left out of the room, and about 10 steps away from the exit door to the pool and boat dock turning right, super location for us and we did not find the room too dark. If we needed light we would head for the patio, everyone has different opinions![/QUOTE
Think we stayed on the same hall! We had a patio wood view with bunk beds and loved it! easy access to everything never had to wait on an elevator or take the stairs, it was quiet and it was like we had our own private entrance to the lodge

10/2014 Wilderness Lodge
11/2012 Wilderness lodge
4/2011 CBR
SLamott1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: