Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
jodywgirl
DIS Veteran

Which Moderate resort

We will be traveling in May with my family and my brother's family. There will be 6 adults and 3 kids age 5 (girl), 8 (boy) and 12 (boy). We would get three rooms. We have stayed at the values and vacation club resorts I am a DVC member and would be using points my brother would be paying out of pocket and this is their first visit.

Which resort has the best transportation to and from parks.
For the Children which has the best pool and theming.
What about extra activities and restaurants.

I would appreciate any suggestions
All Star Movies July 2005 Disney Cruise Line Aug 2005 Pop Century May 2007 Pop Century Dec 2008 Bay Lake Tower Sep 2009 Old Key West Dec 2009 GC Villas June 10 AKL Aug 2010 Boardwalk Villas & Disney Cruise March 11Girls Trip All Star Music May 12 May 2013 Family Vacation SSR Girls Trip NOV 2013 BLT / AKL Kidani
jodywgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
fall08CP
Cheesehead

You'd be using your DVC points on a moderate? I feel like I've always read that it's a bad deal to use DVC points at a non-DVC resort. I wonder if it would be more cost-efficient for you to use points for your rooms and them to rent points for theirs.

Pick the resort based on the theme your family would most enjoy. They all have fantastic pools. I'd say CBR is most centrally located, followed by CSR. They're both relatively close to EPCOT and Studios, and not too far from DAK. The Port Orleans resorts are both near DTD and tend to be quieter with families, while CSR tends to attract convention guests and CBR often hosts youth athletic teams.

I'd encourage you to look up photos and decide from there. Honestly, you can't go wrong!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

The only mod we've stayed at is CBR and we loved it. The resort grounds are beautiful, the food court is great, and I think the kids would like the pirate themed pool. Also, as the pp said, CBR is pretty centrally located. We thought the transportation was great as it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. Good luck deciding and happy planning.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I'd recommend that you spend some time looking at the resort specific threads, reading the descriptions of the amenities available and looking at the photos. Pick the one that appeals most to you.

If you are looking at pool/play areas that would likely appeal most to the children, then I'd skip POFQ- their pool and slide area really isn't all that for older children. POR, on the other hand, seems very appealing.

CBR only has full size beds, not queens like all the other, so this may be a factor.

And CSR gets a lot of conventions, but shouldn't impact your stay unless it's a huge one that might take over the pool area for a private function.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: