Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
BensWife
Mouseketeer

Anyone order an "in room celebration"?

This is my 2 boys' first time to Disney World. They have been to Disneyland, but not Disney World. Plus, when we went to Disneyland, my littlest was 8 months old, so it hardly even counts as being there. I doubt he remember s going at all. I would like to do something as a "welcome to Disney" thing. I really liked the welcome basket we could order from the official Disney Floral, but that is like $100 and we would have to get 2. That is pretty expensive. Is there another company I can order something like that? I know we could try to do our own thing for a lot less, but I would like to just order something and have it ready when we get there. Thanks in advance.

'77 DL - Holiday Inn
'93 DL - Disneyland Hotel
'98 WDW - Port Orleans French Q.
'10 DL - Grand Californian (June & Aug),
'12 DL - Candy Cane Inn
'13 WDW - Saratoga Springs (SWW)
July '14 DL - CCI (just DH and ME!)
Sept '14 DL - Renting Grand Californian Villas
BensWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

We did an in room celebration 2 years ago. After a very rough year when we lost my mil to brain cancer at a very young age and a very long battle, and then a few months later we lost my fil to sudden heart failure - we took a 2 week vacation to "recover" a bit and help my daughter who has 8 at the time heal a bit (she was extremely close to her grandparents). We spent the first week at Poly and second on the Disney Magic. At Poly I did the in room celebration where they got popcorn, big Mickey, big Minney, Mickey hands, a hidden Mickey book, a picture frame autographed by Mickey, and a Welcome sign made by rice crispy treat lollipops. There was a Surprise sign hanging over the door and then a Mickey Surprise Banner on the balcony door and lots of confetti along with a note from the Mouse himself. I ordered 1 and then had an extra blanket ordered since one came monogrammed with my sons name, i had one done with my daughters. oh I think we got a Mickey cooler bag too.

Now - the thing is that they will not do the celebration on your first day there - you will need to schedule it for the second or third day - we did the second.
I couldn't wait to get back from the park to see their reaction to the room. When we got back, they couldn't wait to go in - but the room key wouldn't work!! I had to run all the way back to the front desk and get new keys made.

All in all it was cute but very expensive. We still have all the goodies and the kids use them all the time.

ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Try memories by Betsy. She has a website
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

There is also a lady on Facebook, Disney World Personal Shopper, who can arrange some goodies for you.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
PrincessSarah314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
There is also a lady on Facebook, Disney World Personal Shopper, who can arrange some goodies for you.
I'd also recommend Disney World Personal Shopper. She's great, and will work directly with your budget and requests!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: