Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #1
Frosted
Earning My Ears

Disneyland Paris or Hong Kong...

Out travels will leave us being able stop at either of these locations.

Wondering which is best, what is the same, what is different.

Have an 9 year old Daughter who would like to do the Bippity Boppity Boo Salon and a 3 year old boy who will not care!

Not sure if this is the best place to ask.

Sally
Frosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

DLRP doesn't have a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, but they have a princess makeover in the Disneyland Hotel, it's not the same scale as BBB though, but still looks lovely.

DLRP is bigger and better established, and will probably be easier for you food and language wise.

But I'd choose HK purely because it looks amazing and I've been to DLRP a few times and would love to visit the Asian parks.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

I would choose Paris. It's a much larger park and has Walt Disney Studios next door. Hong Kong is nice but small and easliy done in a day. If your going to HK after Mystic Point opens then I would say yes, as and Grizzly Gulch which opend last year and Mystic Point are exclusive to the Hong Kong Disneyland and it would be your only change to experiance them.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
netimka
DIS Veteran

when Mystic Point is plan to open? and what it is we are hoping to go to hong kong later in 2014 for a week with couple of days for disneyland..

TIA

edit: just did a quick google and like what I found ;0
Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

As others have said, HK is a very small park, with no entertainment district (eg Disney Village). It is a nice park, and now has Grizzly Gulch which is completely unique to HK. It does have a BBB salon at the Disneyland Hotel.

I haven't been to DLP yet, but it's much bigger, and has more of the staple rides like POTC, Big Thunder Mountain, TOT etc (you won't find any of these at HK). There are 2 parks, plus Disney Village. It's a lot more expensive than HK.

As far as food goes, if your kids are fussy eaters, you might find the prevalent Asian style food at HK a bit of an issue. But there are Western style choices too. As far as language is concerned, I don't think there would be a big difference between HK and Paris - they're both languages I don't understand HK has lots of English around, and most CMs were quite easy to understand.

Where are you coming from, and what are your other interests? Would you be looking at exploring Paris or Hong Kong city as well? Have you been to Europe or Asia before? Which one is closer (ie you might be able to go again)? It's hard to say which park will be best for you without knowing any of this sort of stuff

I suggest reading a few TRs from each park and seeing if you can get an idea of which one you prefer the look of. For now I only have a TR on HK (link in my signature), but I will be adding one for Paris in the not too distant future There's also a HK section on the DIS you can check out for more information and TRs.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
zavandor
DIS Veteran

I would go to the one you think it's less likely you'll have another opportunity in the future.
If it's the same, I would go to DLP, Dreams (a nightime spectacular exclusive to DLP) alone is a good reason.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: