Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer

Trade 50's PT for ??

Hello..we had a less than stellar experience at 50's Prime Time Cafe last time, and the only reason I booked it this time is because my DD11 requested it, mainly because she liked the big milk shakes! Is there somewhere else that would be a fun meal, maybe offering good desserts, that she would also like? We are doing Planet Hollywood, Yachstmas, T-Rex, CP, and LTT so far...thanks for any help!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
DLB
DIS Veteran

Maybe sci-fi??? The theming is very fun and they have milkshakes as well
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
kris4360
DIS Veteran

I agree with sci-fi. If you've never been I think she will love it!
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I'll be in the World same time as you! I am actually kind of second-guessing my 50s Prime Time lunch ADR- never been, but it seems like a lot of food for lunch and we're doing dinner at Boma (8 hours later). Problem is, there really is not a lot of good choices at DHS so I'm keeping the ressie. The only other option for me would be Sci-Fi. Again, I haven't eaten there, but the food at DHS is just so limited. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too. I hope you find something delicious.

p.s. OP, how smart are you to schedule Miami for 3 days first? I don't know why I didn't suggest this to DFi. I would love to go to Miami and it could be a long, long time before we're in Florida again. Have a blast!

Last edited by CaliBear; 01-10-2013 at 08:14 PM.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer

Oh, btw, it doesn't have to be at DHS, we can go anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestions so far...I will have to look at Sci-Fi's menu again...I remember not being impressed when I was there many years ago..but you're right, the kids would probably like it.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
Tjaleks
Mouseketeer
My Shepard doesn't slobber, however, I am pretty darn sure he is eating cat poo!!

My vote is for Whispering Canyon Cafe. My kids had blast, until they were "punished" and had to ride around on a hobby horse singing happy b-day to me

Staci
Tjaleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

A double definetely KEEP it....You unfortunately did'nt have a good time because your server probably wasn't playing the part....that day.

Our family has eaten here at least 7 times and only 1 time was it just above average, while the other 6 were fantastic...From the food to the antics..

It's different & you have to go in with an open mind....

The food there we really enjoy too, as well as the desserts...And the PB&J Milkshake...2 words....... Yum.. OOOps...YUM YUM..

The sampler can't be missed...With Pot Roast, Fried Chicken,& meatloaf...All the fav's so you don't have to decide on 1 ...LoL Good luck in whichever you choose..

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7 View Post
A double definetely KEEP it....You unfortunately did'nt have a good time because your server probably wasn't playing the part....that day.

Our family has eaten here at least 7 times and only 1 time was it just above average, while the other 6 were fantastic...From the food to the antics..

It's different & you have to go in with an open mind....

The food there we really enjoy too, as well as the desserts...And the PB&J Milkshake...2 words....... Yum.. OOOps...YUM YUM..

The sampler can't be missed...With Pot Roast, Fried Chicken,& meatloaf...All the fav's so you don't have to decide on 1 ...LoL Good luck in whichever you choose..
You're probably right...We ate there in Oct 2011...we felt VERY rushed. Food appeared at our table within MINUTES of ordering and the server didn't really get into his role. My food was taken away without being asked, and I wasn't finished! We were in and out within 45 minutes.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
karmacats
Mouseketeer

If you decide to eat somewhere else but your DD still wants a milkshake, you can get them at the lounge attached to 50sPT - you can just walk right up to the bar and order one to go. DH and I have been underwhelmed by our last couple meals there, so now we just order a PB&J shake to go from the bar every trip. It's the same delicious shake as in the restaurant, without having to eat our veggies!
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

For some milkshakes and meals you could also try The Plaza and Beaches & Cream.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I also would suggest Whispering Canyon for the bottomless milkshakes and all you can eat skillet (dinner time)...or the Sci-Fi is nice too.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
MadameMim
Mouseketeer

We had the worst dining experience of our entire lives at Whispering Canyon Cafe last September. It was bad enough that we considered just leaving midmeal (not stiffing them, obviously, but paying and getting the heck out of there).

We had been a few years prior and really enjoyed it, the antics and the food, but it had gone way, WAY, down hill. Our waiter was beyond rude, snapping at our children, interrupting us while we ordered, correcting us, etc. We were flabbergasted.

mom to 12yo boy, 10yo boy, 7yo girl, 4yo boy
WDW trips: 2006 Pop, 2012 POR, 2013 AoA Cars Suite, 2014…trying out FW Cabins this fall
MadameMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
MadameMim
Mouseketeer

That said, we've also eaten at Sci Fi on both trips and really enjoyed it both times.

For our upcoming trip I really want to try 50sPT, but the menu just doesn't appeal to us at all.

mom to 12yo boy, 10yo boy, 7yo girl, 4yo boy
WDW trips: 2006 Pop, 2012 POR, 2013 AoA Cars Suite, 2014…trying out FW Cabins this fall
MadameMim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: