Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Is Seaworld worth it?

I know it's not particularly expensive but we can't decide if it's worth going or not

I wouldn't really want to go on any of the rollercoasters and although I love the whales, dolphins, penguins and polar bears I HATE normal fish, as in they terrify me Plus if we do Seaworld it means we have no days that we don't have a park or shopping planned

We considered Kennedy Space Center instead but I think that's a bit too far away considering we won't be driving.

So is it worth going just for the shows and exhibits?

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
chmurf
DIS Veteran

The sea lion show is great, the pets ahoy show is fun, the whale show is ... wet (if you sit in the splash zone), and the dolphin show is nice (a bit strange with the bird people part ... whatever) and they added turtle trek (didn't have the opportunity to see it yet)
the dolphin nursery and the dolphin feeding is impressive, so is the shark tunnel.

We didn't do rides, DW only rode manta once, but we had a great time with the shows only.

We will definitely go to seaworld again.

Unless you or your partner are into rockets and space, Seaworld is a better choice (especially since you don't have a car)

Seaworld is well worth the money (IMO)

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
The sea lion show is great, the pets ahoy show is fun, the whale show is ... wet (if you sit in the splash zone), and the dolphin show is nice (a bit strange with the bird people part ... whatever) and they added turtle trek (didn't have the opportunity to see it yet)
the dolphin nursery and the dolphin feeding is impressive, so is the shark tunnel.

We didn't do rides, DW only rode manta once, but we had a great time with the shows only.

We will definitely go to seaworld again.

Unless you or your partner are into rockets and space, Seaworld is a better choice (especially since you don't have a car)

Seaworld is well worth the money (IMO)
We are both very much into rockets and space haha. Thanks for the advice

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam

We are both very much into rockets and space haha. Thanks for the advice
We love space too and I would much rather a day at KSC than Seaworld! There are organised tours to KSC if you wanted to go.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
Rach78
Mouseketeer

We recently went to Florida for the 1st time and spent most of our time at WDW as well as 2 days at Seaworld (one for the Halloween Spooktacular and one 'normal' day) We loved it! We have 2 girls, 5 and 13, and they both liked it almost more than WDW! Turtle trek was great, the new penguin ride opens soon as well. We do like the rollercoasters but we loved all the shows too, and the opportunity to see all the animals up close, feed the dolphins etc. I also enjoyed the slower pace of the park after 9 days in a row at WDW! It maybe is not for everyone, depending on what you enjoy, who is going etc but we, as a family, loved it and I would definitely go back again. Well worth the time and money IMO
Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
ukool
Mouseketeer

I was 50/50 on this park as well when looking at the parks. I did want to go but im not a big fish fan, or a fan of animal shows so paying to go just for the rides seemed pointless.

I think if we decide to go, itll be when were thier and ill just pay on the door, rather then buy a ticket up front and not use it.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

We aren't big fans of Seaworld, we skipped it last year.
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

I first visited SeaWorld back in 2008 and due to running out of time on the day, I didn't get to do as much stuff as I'd have liked and from then on I had it in my head that I didn't really like it.

Fast forward to 2012, when I decided to give it another go. This time, I had plenty of time to see all the amazing shows, go on the rides and generally enjoy the atmosphere. It was amazing! I truly loved my day there and I can't wait to visit again this year. Turtle Trek is just awesome, by the way. Very emotional.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #9
mollies_mum
DIS Veteran

We love seaworld, the kids have begged to go this year but we are all big sealife fans and we also haven't tried Manta yet so they didn't have to beg too much....
UK Spending Money Game Player #10
Total so far:£200 from Ebay selling
Total from tin: TBC
£35 from Quidco

September 2006 - All Stars, January 2008 - DLH, October 2011 - AKL, October 2013 Lindfields Villa, September 2014 - DLH, October 2015 - Lindfields Villa...
mollies_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #10
tonijo
Mouseketeer

I would definately recommend Seaworld,I am not a Rollercoaster fan,but did go on Mantra(with a few prayers!)and it was amazing..my family couldnt believe it as normally i am the one standing with the bags waiting for the rides to finish...Also my son who was 13 at the time and becoming a typical teen absolutely loved it and I was so surprised as he had moaned the day before the whole way around MK,it is very 'hands on' where you can touch the fish etc and i think that really appealed.Thumbs up from me
tonijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
ben1993
DIS Veteran

Haven't been since 2010, decided to skip it the past 2 trips but will probably go back the next time we return to Florida. It's a great park, but when you've got Universal and WDW down the road it does fall a little short for me. That said, Manta is easily the best coaster in Florida, amazing ride experience.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #12
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

I don't like it, I think it's cruel. That said both my children love it and we have tickets for our trip this year. If you have younger children I will say that the section that is set up with rides for them is great. When my DD was 9 she spent 2 hours there jumping on an off the attractions while I drank coffee and read a book. My teenage son loves the roller coasters. The pace is slower which is a treat after WDW and I certainly think there is plenty to do without going on the three big rides. I never go on them. The coffee shop at the front of the park is great coffee and great chocolate dipped croissants
Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 AM   #13
buzz242
Mouseketeer

We could never visit Florida without a day or two at Seaworld, we love the laid back feeling in the park and always make it the first place we go to.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
MichelinMan
I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

Been a while since we went, admittedly, but it was our favourite attraction last time. Loved it so much, we are staying 6 nights at the Renaissance SeaWorld hotel this year, and planning to go to SeaWorld at least a couple of days, plus Discovery Cove and Aquatica, before moving on to Universal and WDW.

I am a space nut (wanted to apply to become an astronaut when Helen Sharman got the nod, but couldn't apply because I hadn't finished my degree) so KSC has always appealed to me. But no way would I pick a day at KSC instead of SeaWorld. Even this trip we probably won't fit in a trip to KSC (and we are going 3 weeks!).

July 1994 : WDW Off-Site on Honeymoon
July 2009 : DLP Newport Bay Club
July 2011 : DLP Disneyland Hotel
July 2013 : WDW Polynesian Resort / Hard Rock Universal / Renaissance SeaWorld
MichelinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz242
We could never visit Florida without a day or two at Seaworld, we love the laid back feeling in the park and always make it the first place we go to.
otally agree we could never visit without going and it has always been the first place we go, day one is always sea world and on our next visit we intend on going at least twice! :-)

xxpeplyxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: