Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

How esrly do i have to arrive to sign up for Jedi Training?

Unlike Disneyland, I read I need to go and sign my son up for for Jedi Training. Is it a must to get there at park opening to do so?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Unlike Disneyland, I read I need to go and sign my son up for for Jedi Training. Is it a must to get there at park opening to do so?
Much later and you definitely risk missing out.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

Much later and you definitely risk missing out.
This applies to even the later shows? They will all fill up first thing? Wow. Ok then. Will have to make that effort. It's probably the #1 thing into list. At DL you don't sign up. They pick from the crowd. My son was do disappointed he didn't get picked he cried. I think the way they do it is cruel. Never again. I hope we can do it at WDW.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
mesaboy2

Quote:

This applies to even the later shows? They will all fill up first thing? Wow. Ok then. Will have to make that effort. It's probably the #1 thing into list. At DL you don't sign up. They pick from the crowd. My son was do disappointed he didn't get picked he cried. I think the way they do it is cruel. Never again. I hope we can do it at WDW.
WDW used to do it this way, but changed a couple of years back now.

I can't tell you a time to arrive by, I just know there are only so many shows and availability is pretty limited.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

WDW used to do it this way, but changed a couple of years back now.

I can't tell you a time to arrive by, I just know there are only so many shows and availability is pretty limited.
I hope DL follows suit one day.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
lookame
Mouseketeer

When I was there in October 2011 we didn;t make it there RIGHT a rope drop, it was about a half an hr-hour after rope drope and we spent a little bit confused as to where the signup was(so add about 10-15 minutes onto that) When we finally figured out where to go then waited in line for roughly a half hr. My son got in still for a 5 o'clock training. After he was upset with himself because he missed a step with fighting Vader.

Back to topic...I would say depending on the season/traffic levels as long as you make it within 45 minutes with your kiddo in hand you should be ok...however if your there on a high traffic day or during busy season then you should be there at rope drop
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If you don't want to risk it go at park opening. It worked for us. My son was in the first show of the day and then we had the rest of the day to do whatever.
DIS Dad #749
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Rjsoto24601
Mouseketeer

Where does one go to sign up?
Rjsoto24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjsoto24601 View Post
Either at ABC Soundstage (old Sounds Dangerous) or the JTA stage itself outside Star Tours. They are near each other, and CMs at opening will be able to point the way easily--I believe I read they even hold signs directing you there.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjsoto24601
To the left as you face the entrance to American idol is the sign up place keep heading towards star tours if you have been to HS before its right by where sounds dangerous used to be.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #11
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

I would say Yes but we haven't done it since Oct '11. You must have the child with you too. When you get into the park there are (were) CM's with signs directing to where the sign up line was at that time it was in front of Hollywood and Vine. At that time they also let people through the turnstiles at about quarter till opening the majority of people were held on the street (sunset) but sign ups were to the left, we had ours signed up before rope drop, Dh got FP for TSMM. We had time to take a bathroom break, meet some characters and then checked in at 930 for the 10:00 show.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Well it looks like I better go to bed early the night before! Thank you for the help! It will be my only rope drop day too.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

When people say be there at rope drop does that mean we can get there right at rope drop or should we be there 30-60 min before that? We are staying at BLT. I've never been to WDW so I'm not sure how we get to HS. Do we take the monorail to Epcot and walk from there? Trying to figure out what time I have to get up. Sounds like I need to leave 2 hours prior to rope drop I guess?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When people say be there at rope drop does that mean we can get there right at rope drop or should we be there 30-60 min before that? We are staying at BLT. I've never been to WDW so I'm not sure how we get to HS. Do we take the monorail to Epcot and walk from there? Trying to figure out what time I have to get up. Sounds like I need to leave 2 hours prior to rope drop I guess?
You take the bus from your resort to DHS. You should not take the monorail to Epcot because the monorail drops you off at Epcot's front entrance and the walkway to DHS is at the back (WS) entrance. You would have to wait for Eocot to open then walk through the park.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #15
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbobunny

You take the bus from your resort to DHS. You should not take the monorail to Epcot because the monorail drops you off at Epcot's front entrance and the walkway to DHS is at the back (WS) entrance. You would have to wait for Eocot to open then walk through the park.
Oh ok! Anyone know how long the ride is or if its direct or not?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: