Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
MontanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Satisfied with VGT?

I have been reading old posts and the current thread regarding *GT assignments. Can those that have sailed under a VGT provide input on how they feel about their VGT assignments? Also, has anyone found any rhyme or reason as to who gets what assignments? Is it totally random (other than 4 people can't be in a 3 pesron room)? I wonder if prior sailings, DVC, booking time, etc. may have an impact.

I realize some of this is speculation and that in reality booking a *GT is a gamble, but I am really curious as to individual, actual experiences.

Thanks!
MontanaMouse
MontanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMouse View Post
I have been reading old posts and the current thread regarding *GT assignments. Can those that have sailed under a VGT provide input on how they feel about their VGT assignments? Also, has anyone found any rhyme or reason as to who gets what assignments? Is it totally random (other than 4 people can't be in a 3 pesron room)? I wonder if prior sailings, DVC, booking time, etc. may have an impact.

I realize some of this is speculation and that in reality booking a *GT is a gamble, but I am really curious as to individual, actual experiences.

Thanks!
MontanaMouse
It is totally random....just like upgrades are totally random. Does not matter how many times you have cruised before with DCL or how you paid, or how far out you booked. it is random based on their inventory requirements at any given time.

Not sure if it was the thread you checked out but there was a thread where people posted their satisifaction with what they received. The vast majority of people are happy with their VGT assignments. We received a mid-ship cabin on Deck 8 and were very satisfied.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
MontanaMouse
Mouseketeer

I have been reading the thread where folks post what they were assigned when they find out their assignment. I didn't know if opinions differed after they actually cruised and "lived" in their assignment.

If you are aware of a different thread, would you please post the link for me?

Thanks for the help!
MontanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
megs193
Earning My Ears

We just got our VGT assignment and are very happy with it. We got a 5a, deck 7, mid ship. We have never sailed DCL before.
megs193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

We booked a VGT on the Dream last Feburary and were assigned a cat 4E, one of the rooms on deck 5 with an extended verandah. Our room was on the port side near the aft, and I was a little nervous because of the proximity to the kids' clubs and because we were over the adult area on deck 5. We had no issues with noise and we loved the oversized verandah. I'm not sure I'd pay more to book a 4E over a cat 5 room, but I would be happy if we were assigned one on a future VGT booking.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
SJDis
Earning My Ears

What cruise are you sailing on? We are waiting for our assignment for the January 24th 3 day cruise....the wait is killing us!!

Last edited by SJDis; 01-10-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: forgot to post quote
SJDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
SJDis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs193 View Post
We just got our VGT assignment and are very happy with it. We got a 5a, deck 7, mid ship. We have never sailed DCL before.
What cruise are you sailing on? We are waiting for our assignment for the January 24th 3 day cruise....the wait is killing us!!
SJDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
gunka
DIS Veteran

We were very happy with our VGT assignment. But be very aware of the limitations - no refunds, must pay in full, you get what you get (room assignment), and they aren't always offered.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #9
megs193
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDis View Post
Jan. 19th on the Wonder. We got our assignment 4 days ago.
megs193 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: