Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
FlyersStink
Earning My Ears

PIN Codes: Should I Wait and Risk it?

My family has finally settled on POFQ for our summer vacation in the last week of June; it just seems the best suited to our needs. Two years ago when we last went without my parents taking us, we waited until early March to book in hopes of getting a PIN. Luckily, we did when they were released and got free Quick Service (which we upgraded to Deluxe).

This year, we are hoping to do the same. However, I have not noticed a PIN in about two years. This may be because they hit my spam folder or because we booked early last year, so there was no need to send one.

Question is this: Should we book now or wait to see if we get a PIN? I am assuming that if we book, we will not be sent a PIN. On the flip side, we don't want POFQ to book out for the week that we have in mind. Is there a risk to this? Any experiences?

Also, any idea of the likelihood of a PIN for free dining (of any sort) in late June. Like I said, I got one two years ago, but have things changed?

THANKS!

Pittsburgh Penguins Season Ticket Holder
FlyersStink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
neville04
Mouseketeer

you should call - sometimes they have pin codes under your name- i had two under my name - both didnt expire until the end of sept- of course our trip is the end of oct. but call and see !

past trips: dec 11' -POFQ, Mar 10' offsite, Dec 01' - all stars movies
neville04 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

As a pp mentioned, I would call and see if there is a PIN with your name. If not, are you planning on going even without a discount? Is so, I would go ahead and book it, that way you secure your spot, and then stay on the look out for an emailed or mailed PIN and new discounts. Right now there is a discount going on and it ends sometime in June, but I can't remember the date, so I would check on that if I were you. Good luck!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Are you going to go with or without a pin code? If so, then book the trip you're going to take. Personally, I would (and did) book without a pin code and when one come comes out, call and have them apply it to your reservation.
We chose to do this because :
1. we wanted to make sure we got the resort / room we wanted
2. I wanted to tie our ADR's to our dining plan

I sweated never getting a pin code or a discount, but lo and behold, it did finally come. I called (after waiting on hold for 3 hours) and they applied the discount to our reservations. So if you know you want the resort you want, I would suggest making your reservations .....then you have the trip you want and the discount is icing on the cake.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Are you going to go with or without a pin code? If so, then book the trip you're going to take. Personally, I would (and did) book without a pin code and when one come comes out, call and have them apply it to your reservation.
We chose to do this because :
1. we wanted to make sure we got the resort / room we wanted
2. I wanted to tie our ADR's to our dining plan

I sweated never getting a pin code or a discount, but lo and behold, it did finally come. I called (after waiting on hold for 3 hours) and they applied the discount to our reservations. So if you know you want the resort you want, I would suggest making your reservations .....then you have the trip you want and the discount is icing on the cake.
Yep...i have made a ressie...then got a pin code a month later or so many times....i always call that day..and "rebook" savings galore!!
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: