Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
ruthfamilyvacationer
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 135

Charging privileges when renting DVC points

Do you still get them? We have never rented points but are contemplating for our next trip. DH and I love the convenience of the cards. Will we still get them if we rent?
__________________
ruthfamilyvacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
natfrac
Mouseketeer
 
natfrac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 217

Yes. The reservation will be in your name and once you're at WDW, it's like any other reservation. The only "hassle" of renting DVC points is all room requests, ME, Dining Plan add on, have to be done through the DVC member. We love renting points
natfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
ruthfamilyvacationer
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 135

Thanks! So I can still make dining reservations the way I would if we were staying onsite? 180+10?
__________________
ruthfamilyvacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
Barnhill9586
DIS Dad's Club Member #556
 
Barnhill9586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 449

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthfamilyvacationer View Post
Thanks! So I can still make dining reservations the way I would if we were staying onsite? 180+10?
Yes. We've rented points twice and had great experiences and ADRs at the 180+10 mark just require your reservation confirmation number which you will have as soon as the DVC reservation is made.
__________________
Barnhill9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
brucerob62
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln,NE
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by natfrac View Post
Yes. The reservation will be in your name and once you're at WDW, it's like any other reservation. The only "hassle" of renting DVC points is all room requests, ME, Dining Plan add on, have to be done through the DVC member. We love renting points
cant i at online check in ask for a certain room request?. I am renting points and online check in for 60 days is this thursday, and cant I call ME and set that up, without bugging the owner too much. I am not doing DDP so no worries there.
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
cant i at online check in ask for a certain room request?. I am renting points and online check in for 60 days is this thursday, and cant I call ME and set that up, without bugging the owner too much. I am not doing DDP so no worries there.
You can't make requests at online check-in; that is just to provide a time of arrival and credit card on your account. Requests must be attached to your reservation, just like any other resort reservation.

Everything else must be handled through the owner of the points until the reservation is released to you at arrival, as stated by the PP.
__________________
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
brucerob62
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln,NE
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You can't make requests at online check-in; that is just to provide a time of arrival and credit card on your account. Requests must be attached to your reservation, just like any other resort reservation.

Everything else must be handled through the owner of the points until the reservation is released to you at arrival, as stated by the PP.
so even if the reservation is in my name now, i cant call ME or ask for a room request without the owner involved? is that what you are saying? thanks
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
so even if the reservation is in my name now, i cant call ME or ask for a room request without the owner involved? is that what you are saying? thanks
That is correct. The owner must do it.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
Lynne M
 
Lynne M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,157
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
so even if the reservation is in my name now, i cant call ME or ask for a room request without the owner involved? is that what you are saying? thanks
Even though your name is on the reservation, you don't actually own the reservation. The member retains control of the reservation right up until you check in at the resort. Any requests need to be made through DVC Member Services, and they won't discuss the reservation with anyone but the owner.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 8,433

another issue when "renting pts" (a misnaming since you cannot actually rent points - MS won't speak to you as noted - but are actually renting a reservation that a DVC owner has made) is that you may not have the option to cancel and get a refund, so make sure your plans are solid.
__________________
-Charles

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
brucerob62
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln,NE
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
another issue when "renting pts" (a misnaming since you cannot actually rent points - MS won't speak to you as noted - but are actually renting a reservation that a DVC owner has made) is that you may not have the option to cancel and get a refund, so make sure your plans are solid.
my plans are solid,,my son is marching in electrical parade at MK for his high school, so we are going, gives me an excuse to go again. I just decided to rent. Just trying to get ME finalized and DP, just wishing i could do it on my own, without bothering the owner.
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.