Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
mominwife
Earning My Ears

Another question

I booked my Disney resort through hotels.com (pop) is there something I need to do to make sure we get our magical express stuff we are 2 weeks out?
mominwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mominwife View Post
I booked my Disney resort through hotels.com (pop) is there something I need to do to make sure we get our magical express stuff we are 2 weeks out?
I would quickly contact WDW via phone and make sure they have your reservations in their system and, then have them coordinate your magical express transportation request from there.

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
mominwife
Earning My Ears

I do know they have my reservation I did speak with them to check on that and make a request but AI didn't know I had to specifically request magical express is that what I need to call back and do?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
npealer
Mouseketeer

I would call DME and make sure they have you listed. My MIL just had to call them to get her tags/vouchers because she hadn't received theirs. We booked our room thru WDW and i got my tags but she didn't. I think them changing the website has screwed up lots of things

DL/CA- Too many to remember
WDW-Jan 1997 Offsite, April 2003 offsite, November 2005 offsite, Jan 2013 AS Music

npealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
mominwife
Earning My Ears

Omg so stupid I didn't know I had to make a reservation I'm 2 weeks out they are closed now so I will call first thing. Am I still ok will we still be able to use this service freaking out a little
Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Omg so stupid I didn't know I had to make a reservation I'm 2 weeks out they are closed now so I will call first thing. Am I still ok will we still be able to use this service freaking out a little
You'll be totally fine if you call them in the morning.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

If you go to the hotels.com page for your resort, and scroll alllll the way to the bottom, you will see a website to request ME with.

At 2 weeks I don't think you'll get luggage tags, but that's OK! There's a thread on the Transportation forum about how to get your bags taken care of (assuming your plane lands before 10pm) even without luggage tags. I do believe it's a "sticky" thread.

Ah, just checked my own POR reservation through hotels: it's in the confirmation email as well, under Additional Information, Checking In.

Quote:
Guests must pre-book Disney's Magical Express, a complimentary transfer from the Orlando airport to the hotel. Visit www.disneysmagicalexpress.com/USA for registration.
That site uses the hotels.com confirmation number (which is entirely different than the Disney one). You'll get an email confirming your request, then another the next day or so confirming the ME reservations.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
mominwife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot
If you go to the hotels.com page for your resort, and scroll alllll the way to the bottom, you will see a website to request ME with.

At 2 weeks I don't think you'll get luggage tags, but that's OK! There's a thread on the Transportation forum about how to get your bags taken care of (assuming your plane lands before 10pm) even without luggage tags. I do believe it's a "sticky" thread.

Ah, just checked my own POR reservation through hotels: it's in the confirmation email as well, under Additional Information, Checking In.

That site uses the hotels.com confirmation number (which is entirely different than the Disney one). You'll get an email confirming your request, then another the next day or so confirming the ME reservations.
Thank you so much I should have read all that
Old 01-08-2013, 03:09 AM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much I should have read all that
I'm glad to help. And hey, it's EASY to miss, especially on the hotel page. I book with hotels.com all the time when DH is traveling (which is more than half the year, which is why we're booking through them for part of our upcoming trip, using some free nights) so I'm really used to dealing with their pages. Their Disney pages are the longest I've come across yet!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: