Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
ukstitch
I'm not sure I'm quite your average, typical male
I think I need to eat some humble pie
I've got a few hours of DIS chatting ahead of me tonight

Photoshop CS2 Reinstallation

Apparently Adobe have decided to release photoshop CS2 (from 2005) as a free download.

The site has currently fallen over in a heap trying to cope with all the demand, but hopefully things will settle down.

Obviously there's a number of features missing from it when compared to the newer versions (both of full photoshop and of photoshop elements) but it could be well worth taking a look at when you consider that adobe has been the industry standard for quite some time.

It's also worth noting that this is the entire creative suite and not just photoshop.

The windows version should be compatible with most windows versions - the mac version requires OS X 10.6 (snow leopard) or less.

UPDATE:

Adobe have responded to clarify that this is only intended for people who already own CS2 products as they have disabled the activation servers and therefore "broken" reinstallation (they are now providing install files and special serial numbers that do not require activation online for people who require them). I've therefore removed the link to ensure that this thread isn't seen as promoting the downloading of them when people are not elligible for them. Hopefully adobe will have informed their CS2 users somehow - if not then a google search should reveal the links required.

Facebook | Flickr | 500px

Last edited by ukstitch; 01-08-2013 at 06:23 AM. Reason: updated information
ukstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
havoc315
DIS Veteran

That's huge, thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately, the feature most tempting to me, is only in the most recent releases.
"Content aware" looks awesome.

But maybe I'll have to give CS2 a try.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

I was using CS2 until year before last when I got my laptop. It is still really good photo editing software.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
ukstitch
I'm not sure I'm quite your average, typical male
I think I need to eat some humble pie
I've got a few hours of DIS chatting ahead of me tonight

The suggestion is that this has something to do with them having shut down the activation servers for CS2 in December.

With that in mind, hopefully they'll do something similar with the "newer" versions of photoshop as time goes on. Photoshop is very powerful software, so even these older versions are likely to be useful to some people - especially people who would otherwise look towards GIMP and other free / low cost software.

Facebook | Flickr | 500px

ukstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

Adobe says "no", not free, you must have a valid copy already. However, I do not see any means of knowing who has a valid copy (I do so I downloaded the file).
One catch is that the latest RAW converter available for CS2 probably does not support many recent cameras. The answer may be to use LR4 or Elements for RAW then export the PSD to CS2 (is that enough acronyms?).

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Mac OSX owners

I understand that this application is not compatible with the latest versions of OSX.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: