Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
SarahC73
Earning My Ears

Who gets emotional at MK??

I was listening to my "Now Disney" CD and some of the songs made me well up (in a happy way) and I was just wondering how many other people feel like that when they hear Disney music or when at MK, especially when the fireworks start!

Last edited by SarahC73; 01-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.
SarahC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
KateB
Mouseketeer

I am right there with you! I get teary eyed every time I listen to my Disney Parks cd. When I talk to my mom about our upcoming trip I get chocked up thinking about the MK and how excited she gets when she sees the castle. I also can't watch Wishes without crying. I am glad that we usually eat at a nearby signature restaurant and they turn the lights down. Haha

You are not alone!
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
mcraige
DIS Veteran

DW does. She cries when we drive past the sign on the road, cries when we walk down main street, and cries when we leave for the last night.
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcraige View Post
DW does. She cries when we drive past the sign on the road, cries when we walk down main street, and cries when we leave for the last night.
I cry at all the same places as well and times Just brings back memories of my childhood, and I am so happy to see my child light up, the same as my parents were. And now here i am as an adult taking my family, full circle moment.

I lost both my Dad and my sister, and when I was younger my mom had someone take pictures of us by the castle in the same spot. So now I also take pictures of my family in that same spot. Water works also go at that spot...

I know one day my son will hopefully carry on that tradition...How many places are there like Walt Disney that will I think be around for forever!

I for one want to give a big shout out to Walt Disney, thank you for creating such a happy place!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
beckyboo87
Earning My Ears

Ditto for me! Get excited and obsessed when planning trips. Get excited and teary at the parades and the fireworks and etc. I even squealed with delight and excitement when the villains all came out to say goodbye at the end of the Halloween party! Im sure I looked a bit strange since Im a 43 year old lady and was all by myself! ha ha.

But seriously, I only jumped on the board right now because I was excited about adding a friend to my Feb 2013 trip to DLR...the first one for the year. It was an instant high once my friend said she wanted to go and we started looking at getting her on my flight out! It seems to me the excitement never gets old no matter if Im planning a trip, playing at the park, or day-dreaming about Disneyland!

Hi Ho, Hi Ho ......
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Me, too! The first time I walk into the MK for the trip....right when you pass under the train tracks....we always pause there for some reason (someone needs to put their tickets away or something-or-other). I always get goose-bumpy because "I'm here! I'm actually, finally here!"

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
FLDisneyCouple
Earning My Ears

Still gets me every time I walk down Main Street
FLDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Talking

fireworks dont do it for me, but i always feel teary when I first arrive at MK...The feeling I get of total UNreality makes me happy....just love the feeling I get and its why I return whenever I can.

Now, talk about crying and tears....when i was diagnosed with cancer a while back, all I thought about was that I may not get back to POR..its been our home away from home for many many years and visits....All I thought about during surgeries and chemo and treatments and such was getting back "home"...it helped me to get thru it all (and many times reading here on the DIS to get my disney fix)
and when I Did get to return a year or so later (because I have a most fabulous dh who surprised me) I will never ever forget ....

walking across that bridge to Ol Man Island and the lights were twinkling, it felt like the stars were out just for me to celebrate, families were splashing and laughter was just floating thru the air, all while the sound of the huge paddle wheel turned ever so slowly, water dropping..the air was filled with excitement and I literally stood there with tears streaming down my face..., thanking HIM that I was lucky enough to go back "home" again and share it all with my family .
Nothing compares......pure Joy for Life...

take each day as a gift...and LIVE it to the fullest..
Disney makes me HAPPY and Memories are made for a LIFEtime!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
MEG&MINNIE
DIS Veteran

Yes, and I'm not ashamed to admit it !
First time I see the Castle at the end of Main St. does it for me as well as "Wishes". Each trip I take I feel the same way...it doesn't get less emotional , maybe even more as I think, I may not get a chance to ever visit again .
I probably do tear up more during Wished because of the music and the fact that it's dark out, lol !!!
1977- Offsite-"Spring Break" , 1994-Caribbean Beach Resort , 1998-All-Stars Resort , 2000-Dixie Landing (POR) , 2002-Wilderness Lodge , 2005-August POP Century , 2007-August POP Century , 2010- POP Aug.17-24 ,2010....50th Birthday , POR-July 2012 , POP-April 19-26 , 2014
Be kinder than necessary-everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!
MEG&MINNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
snookhams

DIS Veteran

Location: Greater London - Host to the 2012 Olympics in which my son hopes to swim

DH and the two boys know me by now - the least little thing and I am in tears - this year will be hard in a way as it is our first visit with out the boys - but I am also so excited that we are off on our first holiday alone (apart from a 3 day trip to Milan courtesy of a competition win) this is our first holiday alone since the boys were born and our first techically to the world without them as I was pregnanat with our eldest on our first visit.
The tears start flowing on the plane and then the first time on the monorail and then the minute I see the castle, even things like fantasmic make me cry. but then DH tells people that I am a cry baby, no I am just an emotional person and the things that mean the most to me make me emotional!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #11
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Disney have alot of meaning to people and since my first time there was when I was 4 years old yes as a man I admit there are times where I tear up .
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
SarahC73
Earning My Ears

Ah thanks for the replies so far, made me teary just reading them all!

I even got teary when we met Mickey & Minnie during our last visit, 38 years old and I just couldn't get over the fact that I was having my pic taken with both Mickey & Minnie (there's alot of friends I can't confess that to, as they just don't understand)
SarahC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
amfie928
Mouseketeer

You really want to tear up, take the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Our tour guide Katie had me crying as she told a story about a picture from MK opening day thats down in the utilidor. It was absolutely magical!
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
Lreip
Neverland

When "wishes" comes on and I see tinkerbell fly by does it for me lol

1998 All Star Movie
2004 All Star Movie
2006 Wilderness Lodge
2007 Port Orleans
2009 Grand Floridian
Feb. 2010 Wilderness Lodge
Oct. 2010 Caribbean Resort
2011 Disney Dream/Port Orleans
2012 All Star Movie/Disney Dream
2013 Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 All Star Movie
2013 Disney Dream
Lreip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #15
Sunshine1987
Mouseketeer

Yep! I tear up when I first see the castle, when I meet the characters (and unlike when my kids were little and cried out of fear of the characters, my tears are tears of joy ) and I definitely tear up when we have to leave MK on our last day! I also get teary eyed at the Main Street Electrical Parade. I grew up at Disneyland because my grandfather worked there. I have so many wonderful Disneyland memories including this parade. I remember there used to be a theatre on Main Street and my uncle took me and my cousin to see Babes in Toyland there one Christmas (it was in the 70's so we saw the 1961 version). Everytime I look at the Christmas decorations at the parks in pictures online, especially the Christmas parade pics of the wooden soldiers, that memory comes to mind. I am sure if I ever get to WDW at Christmas time, I will be a crying my eyes out! I remember taking one of my best friend's to DL when we were about 10. It was her first time riding Snow White and she was so scared but by the end of the ride we were both laughing so hard we were crying. Because of that memory, I cried when I heard they were taking the Snow White ride out (but now I am SO excited for the mine train, so it's all good)! I also remember as a teenager going to an ALL NIGHT party at Disneyland and riding the People Mover at 3AM (that was in the 80s). I can't imagine letting my daughter do that but times have changed! Anyway, I moved from So. Calif to the lower midwest in 93 so I have only been back to DL a few times since then but at least now I am closer to WDW!

I actually became "teary eyed" reading a few posts here, especially reading a1Tinkfan's post about beating cancer and then going back to POR (which is where I just booked for mine and dh's 20th anniversary)! Very touching story. I am sure it will stick with me and I will appreciate our trip even more and remember Tinkfan's post when I am crossing the bridge to Ol Man Island!

Becky boo you sound like me!

Also, amfie928, I really want to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour on our anniversary trip. I guess I will have to remember to bring along the Kleenex if I do!
Disney World- ~ASMovies in April 2004 ~Beach Club in May 2009 ~POR/Poly split stay in May 2010 ~Fort Wilderness in March 2011
Disneyland, CA - 1969-1993 (so many trips - I grew up 11 miles from DL), 1995, 1997, 2001, 2008 (off-site)
California Adventure - 2008 (off-site)
Sunshine1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: