Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Torn between a Disney cruise or WDW....

Would love the 7 night western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy but would really love to go back to WDW and try POR........the kids are pumped that Test Track would be open this time and they love the waterparks......the cruise looks awesome and would be awesome but I just can't decide. We would have to drive to Orlando in one day which is doable and would also have to drive to Port Canaveral......My tween would love the Edge tween hangout on the Fantasy but I am not sure about my 8 yo DD.....she is still a bit clingy so I don't know if she would go for being away from mom for the onboard activities.......but they LOVE WDW. I would love either......what horrible decisions right???

Also, for the cruise we would have to do the one in late May (from an economic standpoint) right when they get out of school then the rest of the summer would suck LOL....but of course with WDW we can do it pretty much anytime during the summer...

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

We had this same delima(sorta) in that we can not decide if we want to do the cruise and the parks or just the cruise. We are leaving the decision up to fate. If we can get a *GT rate for the cruise(we are looking at the Fantasy one over memorial weekend) then we are going to do the cruise and the parks, if we have to pay full price for the cruise then we are just doing the parks. If we get a *GT rate we will save about $1500 on the cruise which helped me justify going cruise and parks
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Why not both? I did 4 days in WDW and 4 days on the cruise when I was younger and it was awesome. The cruise was so relaxing and an excellent way to end our vacation. It was so exciting to go from one vacation to another, it was a great experience.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Thought about doing bot actually! Is there a specific link to that somewhere? Seems like there used to be a surf & turf thing or something but I am most likely confusing that with something else....

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
Thought about doing bot actually! Is there a specific link to that somewhere? Seems like there used to be a surf & turf thing or something but I am most likely confusing that with something else....
Try this link out: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...resort-cruise/

You just book it as a package with pre-cruise stay. The cruise line bus picks you up right at your resort and takes you to the port. I definitely recommend doing WDW first so you can relax at the end of the vacation.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I agree that doing both is a good idea. We are taking a 3 night Disney cruise in December with a few nights at WDW before and after the cruise. My DH and I have cruised before, but our two DSs never have. My oldest isn't too keen on the cruise idea so we opted for a 3 night one just in case he really doesn't like it. And since delays can happen, I won't fly in on the day of the cruise, so we are staying at a Disney resort 2-3 nights prior to the cruise and then 2 nights after so we get the best of both worlds with the cruise along with some park days.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

(edited because the link provided by a PP above answered all of my questions. Thanks!)
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: