Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Jessicamcg
Earning My Ears

Helping with epcot restaurants

Narrowed it down to these 4. I realize ff isn't actually in Epcot, but close enough. I can only pick 2 of these 4. Never eaten at any

Chefs de France
Via Napoli, flying fish, San angel inn

F
Flying
Jessicamcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
pannm
Mouseketeer

We've had great experiances at Chefs De France! Food was great, the French onion soup is a MUST (had it 4 times and we've LOVED it every time!) and almost a meal in itself!
San Angel inn. This ones not so great. We really liked the setting/atmosphere! We were all excited to eat there. Then we actually ate the food. It was ok, but nothing was SUPER great. If you've eaten Mexican food in any local Mexican food place, you should expect the same here- EXCEPT, usually when we've eaten at a mexican restaurant, you get a LOT of food. NOT HERE. The portion sizes were small. So, if your looking for great atmosphere- go there, but if you want good food too- skip it!
Via Napoli. Eaten there once. The meals were good, but I make home made italian dishes at home and so it wasn't as special for us to eat there.
I've never eaten at flying fish...but heard mixed reviews.

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

I would Pick FF and Chefs de France out fo the 4 you have listed. Not a big fan of Via Napoli or San Angel inn. But everyones tastes are different.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Really, any of them. Depends on what you like. They are all good enough.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

I have only eaten at Chefs & San Angel Inn. Flying Fish looks interesting.

I'd choose Flying Fish & San Angel Inn.

Chefs had the BEST french onion soup but DBF and I weren't impressed with our main dishes for the price.

San Angel Inn, on the other hand, has great food & a wonderful atmosphere!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Flying Fish - super yummy, great food, service, all around the best on site. Romantic, This is our must do every time.

Chef's - French Onion soup to die for... YUMMO - nice selection of wine, and crepe's for dessert, oh yes... We have never had a bad meal or service. Just a note the table's are very close together.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

Another vote for Flying Fish and Chef's

Future: Disney Dream - 11/14/2014
Completed: Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11; Carnival Dream - 07/31/10; Disney Wonder - 11/05/09; Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09; Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere; Disney Wonder - 11/01/07; Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05; Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04; Disney Magic - 03/27/04; Disney Wonder - 10/02/03; Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Meredisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
purple figment
DIS Veteran

We've eaten at all 4 and it depends on what kind of food you like or want to try and what kind of atmosphere you enjoy.

-Chefs is French food. If you plan your reservation for the right time you may get a visit at your table by Remy. We enjoyed the food, especially the onion soup, lobster bisque, short ribs and profiteroles. We did not enjoy the duck entree.

-Via Napoli has the best pizza in DW. It's thin crust, but very good. eWe also enjoyed the sampler platter appetizer. The wood fired ovens are fun to watch. The restaurant is light, bright and airy, but can get noisy.

-Flying Fish is a signature restaurant so service is more leisurely than your other 3 choices. Food is very good - especially the potato wrapped snapper. Decor is whimsical.

-San Angel inside the pyramid is traditional Mexican food and not the typical Tex-Mex that we're more familiar with. Good atmosphere with the boat ride and volcano as a back drop.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
VACamm
DIS Veteran

My family loves San Angel Inn !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: