Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
BensWife
Mouseketeer

Anyone stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort pirate rooms?

We are trying to decide on a room for my family. We are staying June 8-15, which is under the discount promo. We can stay at the pirate room at the CBR for only $300 more than the value resorts. I have 2 young boys and think they would LOVE staying there. How is the resort as a whole? Thanks!

'77 DL - Holiday Inn
'93 DL - Disneyland Hotel
'98 WDW - Port Orleans French Q. (conference - so hardly counts)
'10 DL - Grand Californian (June & Aug),
'12 DL - Candy Cane Inn
'13 WDW - Saratoga Springs (SWW)
July '14 DL - DLH (just DH and ME!)
Sept '14 DL - Rented Grand Californian Villas
Nov '14 DL - Embassy Suites South
BensWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Julie711
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at CBR 4x before and once was in the pirate rooms. We love the Caribbean feel, music, landscaping, beaches that this resort has to offer, it's like getting a Caribbean vacation in Disney!! The pirate ship kiddie pool area is awesome, our dd never wanted to leave. It's got dumping buckets & 2 water slides!
The pirate rooms were nice, the beds are shaped as ships, the fridge is hidden in a wheel barrel, the dresser is like wooden boxes & the floor is made to look like wooden planks. I would def try it once if the extra $$ is no big deal. This is the futherest from the main area, but it never bothered us, it's within a 8 min walk.

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Like the PP, we have stayed there multiple times (though not in the Pirate Rooms). It's our favourite mod. resort. The pirate rooms are a little further away from the food court and shops, but IMO are no further away than some of the AB rooms are at POR or Rancho rooms at CSR. We absolutely love the landscaping and tranquil ambiance of this resort. There are multiple bus stops at this resort- one for each of the 'villages' and the main building complex. In our experience it takes about 10 min for the bus to make the full circuit inside the resort. We have never found the buses a problem even at the busiest times- if a bus fills before leaving the resort, they call for another bus to pick up where they left off.

In fairness, this is the only mod that still has double beds instead of queens. If this will be an issue for your family, then another resort might meet your needs better.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I can't comment on the pirate rooms as that wasn't an option when we stayed there (2002), but we loved everything about CBR. The grounds were beautiful, the pool was awesome (and has since been redone), the food court was great, and the bus transportation was the best (IMO) . With that said, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at CBR again .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: