Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

Deluxe room prices are outrageous!!!

I was thinking of staying at a deluxe and priced out the contemporary-Garden room. I always thought they were "cheap". I just checked for our dates in November and they are $487/night. I could not believe it. It's not Thanksgiving week either. The other deluxe resorts prices are outrageous as well. I can't believe disney can find people to pay these prices.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

It's all relative We stay at MK view CR every trip and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else Each to their own
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I agree. Without a good discount I would never pay that much for that level of room quality and service. I did 3 WDW vacations at deluxe resorts in 2012 but all with huge discounts.

If I'm going to pay rack rate, I'd rather go to the Waldorf.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
I was thinking of staying at a deluxe and priced out the contemporary-Garden room. I always thought they were "cheap". I just checked for our dates in November and they are $487/night. I could not believe it. It's not Thanksgiving week either. The other deluxe resorts prices are outrageous as well. I can't believe disney can find people to pay these prices.
I doubt they get many. I stayed delux twice Poly MKview but only with 40pect off discount. If you go on the website start to book a delux room then cancel they will give you a survey asking why you are not completing the order. Pick too expensive or whatever the closest phrase to that is. I have gotting pin codes for discounts by doing this. Not always but usually.If you have a few months to plan a room only discount will come out and usually delux is 30pect or more. Then it might be worth it.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
I doubt they get many. I stayed delux twice Poly MKview but only with 40pect off discount. If you go on the website start to book a delux room then cancel they will give you a survey asking why you are not completing the order. Pick too expensive or whatever the closest phrase to that is. I have gotting pin codes for discounts by doing this. Not always but usually.If you have a few months to plan a room only discount will come out and usually delux is 30pect or more. Then it might be worth it.
I saw this tip on another site but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Maybe it's the new website (though I do think I tried it shortly before the new site went up), but I've never had anything pop up asking me why I'm not booking.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

We stay deluxe because we want the 2 bedroom suites. Kind of feels like ransom but it's the only way I'd go. We were really lucky in 2012 to get a good discount and free dining but this year very few discounts...

Old 01-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
Cassushi
Mouseketeer

I love the Deluxe Hotels and could not imagine doing it any other way. At the Poly with a theme park view, you can watch wishes from your balcony, plus the first thing you see in the morning and the last thing you see at night, is the castle. With Animal Kingdom, you have a piece of Africa at your doors. Think of waking up in the morning with a cup of coffee and going outside and seeing giraffes and zebras. YC and BC have spectacular views of Boardwalk, the ease of walking to EPCOT and possibly views of Illuminations.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
ajh88
DIS Veteran

For us, it brings a little more relaxation to vacation. We love TPV at the Poly and so far have been fortunate with various discounts. We have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and have had fun at each, but my DH says the Poly makes him feel like he is getting a vacation within a vacation, which isn't the case at the other places we stayed. Yes the price is steep, but it is one of the few areas in our lives where we indulge.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
For us, it brings a little more relaxation to vacation. We love TPV at the Poly and so far have been fortunate with various discounts. We have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and have had fun at each, but my DH says the Poly makes him feel like he is getting a vacation within a vacation, which isn't the case at the other places we stayed. Yes the price is steep, but it is one of the few areas in our lives where we indulge.

DITTO. we save for 5 yrs for our trips but when we do we do it big...!!!!!!
yes its close to $9000 w plane tix and everything deluxe. but we saved for 5 yrs to get what we want. we love disney but we love the feel of the deluxes when we are there. makes it not feel like a std amusement park. trust me weve done alot of those.Price a room out at cedar point. and its no different than a holiday inn..

but disney is disney and my friends and fam dont understand our love of the place.

All i can say is when is was groing up i loved "wondeful world of disney" on sunday nights after mutual of omahas "wild kingdom". visited DL when i was very young and was hooked. I wanted to be Walt. i loved that he loved kids....

need i say more.

some want to be emersed in disney and thats what it costs to do it they way they want it....

Last edited by cwt580; 01-04-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
nessz79
DIS Veteran

We're considering staying Disney Deluxe (not counting Swan/Dolphin) for the first time this year for 2 short weekend trips. We couldn't afford it if there weren't the 30% spring discount, along with them being short trips. We have stayed at the Swan/Dolphin under teacher rate a couple of times.

For long trips, we have relegated ourselves to less expensive resorts or renting a townhome offsite.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Deluxe room prices are outrageous!!!
Why yes, yes they are. Always have been, always will be. And as you can see by some of the posters, lots of people are still happy to pay the prices.

Personally, we will only stay there for special occasions IF we can get a decent room discount. We think their rack rate is really quite ridiculous, considering what you are getting, even with the prime location. We're generally happy with the mods. Disney hasn't quite managed to push us offsite. Yet.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
... And as you can see by some of the posters, lots of people are still happy to pay the prices....
Willing to pay ... yes ... but I wouldn't exactly say "happy" to pay
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
misfitmary
Earning My Ears

I would never pay those prices, but certainly don't begrudge those who do.

We go for the parks only. We hit the ground running early in the morning and stay until the parks close. We consider our rooms as places to sleep, shower, and store our clothes.

On the flip side, we have friends who are meeting up with us and they are staying in a deluxe resort. They prefer a much slower pace. They would rather sit on the balcony and drink coffee all morning and hit just a few rides in the afternoon.

18 more days!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278

I saw this tip on another site but I can't figure out how to get it to work. Maybe it's the new website (though I do think I tried it shortly before the new site went up), but I've never had anything pop up asking me why I'm not booking.
I've never had the survey pop up either. But usually looking and not booking has gotten us pins (knocking on wood)
Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #15
Soccer and Swim Mom
Stay at Home Mommy of 2

I can't believe how expensive the deluxe resorts are. We went to Italy last summer and our room which had a balcony overlooking the Spanish steps and view of the colliseum was less expensive. I am hoping for a discount or a pin code to upgrade our resort for our summer trip to Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: