Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
bgg319
Earning My Ears
 
bgg319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24

Resort Bus Information

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know which of these choices would have the shortest distance from drop off at the different parks to the actual park. We stayed at POP on a previous visit and are booked for POP again, but would consider moving up to a moderate if the walk from the park to the Disney bus at the park was a shorter distance. I have a daughter with neurological difficulties. As long as she doesn't have to walk long distances with no break in between she is fine. The trek from the park to the POP buses on the previous trips always seemed to be longest of all the bus lines there.

Any help would be appreciated.
bgg319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"
 
babyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,374

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgg319 View Post
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know which of these choices would have the shortest distance from drop off at the different parks to the actual park. We stayed at POP on a previous visit and are booked for POP again, but would consider moving up to a moderate if the walk from the park to the Disney bus at the park was a shorter distance. I have a daughter with neurological difficulties. As long as she doesn't have to walk long distances with no break in between she is fine. The trek from the park to the POP buses on the previous trips always seemed to be longest of all the bus lines there.

Any help would be appreciated.
We stayed at Corondo Springs this past October and we had a room close to the bus stop... it was a room with a King Bed. We also have stayed in rooms further from the bus stop. But there is more than one stop at CSR, I dont know if its the same at Pop.
__________________
Doodlebop Archie Ben
babyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

The bus positions are not permanent. I noticed during our last stay, the bus stop for CBR at MK was #1 one day and #15 the next day.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
bgg319
Earning My Ears
 
bgg319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The bus positions are not permanent. I noticed during our last stay, the bus stop for CBR at MK was #1 one day and #15 the next day.
Thanks, so there really is not a set position at each park. I know if just seemed like it was always at the end of the line on our last trip.

Maybe staying at POP is best. We really spend most of our times at the park so we just need a place to sleep at night.
bgg319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,986

In general the values are the furthest bus stops away, the Deluxe will mostly have the closest, with the mods in between. But not always.
Makes sense, they aren't going to have the people paying the big $ staying Deluxe to have the furthest bus stop.

Maybe having a wheel chair for your daughter would help? Or stroller depending on her age. There is a lot of walking in the parks too. They can be rented from an off site agency much cheaper then from WDW.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
bgg319
Earning My Ears
 
bgg319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
In general the values are the furthest bus stops away, the Deluxe will mostly have the closest, with the mods in between. But not always.
Makes sense, they aren't going to have the people paying the big $ staying Deluxe to have the furthest bus stop.

Maybe having a wheel chair for your daughter would help? Or stroller depending on her age. There is a lot of walking in the parks too. They can be rented from an off site agency much cheaper then from WDW.
Thanks Sue. That does make sense on the positioning. I mentioned the chair to her once and she would have none of it. We will just take it easy on the way back to the bus.
bgg319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!
 
disneydreamfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 250

Just a heads up: we were there in November and POP was bus stop 17 at MK, the furthest from the entrance. It may have changed by now though.
__________________
Our Disney Vacations
Walt Disney World
•2001 - Boardwalk Villas •2004 - Old Key West •2006 - Port Orleans Riverside •2012 - Art of Animation (LK)
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
disneydreamfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.