Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

How do you pick a night for Remy?

Hi all. First time DCL. There are lots of openings for Remy (except for one night) and I'd like to book. When activities first opened up, the only night available was the last night of the cruise, so I booked it.

Now that lots of other nights are available I'm wondering if I should switch, as I imagine that the last night can be hectic.

How do you pick a night before hand? IE, I'd hate to miss animators palate etc. We are assigned 2nd seating otherwise.

Jen
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
Hi all. First time DCL. There are lots of openings for Remy (except for one night) and I'd like to book. When activities first opened up, the only night available was the last night of the cruise, so I booked it.

Now that lots of other nights are available I'm wondering if I should switch, as I imagine that the last night can be hectic.

How do you pick a night before hand? IE, I'd hate to miss animators palate etc. We are assigned 2nd seating otherwise.

Jen
As you won't know your dining rotation until you check in at the port, it's just a guessing game. Pick a night. And, if it conflicts when you get your rotation, go to the Remy dining changes desk once onboard, to change the reservation.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Pick a night. And, if it conflicts when you get your rotation, go to the Remy dining changes desk once onboard, to change the reservation.

Am I right to figure that the last night would not be a good night to do Remy?

Also, I didn't realize I could chance once on board. Thanks!

Jen
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Which ship the Dream or Fantasy?

We went to Remy the last night of our 4 day Dream cruise. We had a 6pm seating time. We enjoyed every moment of it and it was absolutely worth it. BTW, I recommend doing the wine pairing. However we spent almost 3 hours there. Therefore we missed both showings of Believe. Either schedule a later dinner if seeing this is important or switch nights.

After dinner we had just enough time to pack up and put our luggage out by 10pm, but not much else.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItAllStrtdWAMouse View Post
Which ship the Dream or Fantasy?
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItAllStrtdWAMouse View Post
we missed both showings of Believe. Either schedule a later dinner if seeing this is important or switch nights.
What is Believe?

Jen
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:

What is Believe?

Jen
Believe is one of the live theatrical products in the Walt Disney Theater.

Look at some navigators from your itinerary and you may be able to identify what nights menu or main event you are willing to miss. If pirate night doesn't interest you, that may be a good night to select. I was tired the evening we went to Castaway Cay/Pirate night on the Dream. All day on the beach with a 5k does that to me. So I would not want the best meal on the ship (Remy) on that night.

Remember you will eat in all 3 dining rooms twice and usually repeat the 1st night's location on the last night. According to other posts I have seen the Animator's Palette show will be on your first dining night there. Unless that is Pirate night, which means the show will be on your second night in AP. If you can identify which night is pirate night and it falls in the first 3 nights, then don't schedule the 3rd night from Pirate night, so you do not miss AP in case that is your rotation.

Good Luck!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

I called DCL and the CM said that there are 3 rotations and that while she couldn't tell me my rotation, she could put in a request for a particular rotation.

Being that we've never been before, I figured I'd leave it up to chance. What I didn't realize is that we eat at each restaurant twice and one 3x. What I was worried about is completely missing out on one of the restaurants.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Jen
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
ItAllStrtdWAMouse
Fan for Life

Quote:
I called DCL and the CM said that there are 3 rotations and that while she couldn't tell me my rotation, she could put in a request for a particular rotation.

Being that we've never been before, I figured I'd leave it up to chance. What I didn't realize is that we eat at each restaurant twice and one 3x. What I was worried about is completely missing out on one of the restaurants.

Jen
There will be some nights with different menus on the longer cruises. If that matters to you. One night Animator's may have their normal menu and the next may be Pirate night or Golden Mickey menu, etc.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
kfamilylovesdisney
Wonder 05/2008 Wonder 05/2009

Quote:

Jen
On our past cruises our dining rotation that we requested was given to us. It worked out nicely. I used to pick our Palo night based on our itinerary. I usually picked a day that we were in Nassau. Then I called and asked the dining rotation and requested the one that fit my Palo res. It worked out beautifully!

July 6, 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean * June 26, 2011 - Disney Dream 5 Day * May 2009 - Disney Wonder 4 Day * May 2008 - Disney Wonder 3 Day

6/2012 BCV * 6/2011 AKV-Kidani * 8/2010 BLT * 5/2009 WLV * 5/2008 BWV * 5/2007 BCV * 1/2006 OKW
kfamilylovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
CaskPeg
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

You don't want last night Remy

Quote:

Jen
I don't think you want Remy on your last night...as you will be packing to get suitcase out for early pickup that night. Don't know if there is a way for you to check rotation of restaurants other than to call directly to cruise line if you room # has been assigned. That last night is hectic at best and you may not want to miss anything. Good luck making your decision!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: