DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Mvtracey
Earning My Ears

Sept 21 Trip?? where to stay

Me and Ds5 dd3 ds1 and Dh Are going with my parents and can't deside where to stay?? SSR is our home resort and love it but want something cheaper in points we are staying for a week in a 2Br

Debating Kidaini ?
BW
OKW

what are the odds of gettting any of these and which would you choose and why?

we have stayed at BCV , AKL , SSR ,

help please
THANK YOU in advance!!
Mvtracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
DizBub
Totally Addicted

You should try OKW. A 2br starting Sept 21 for 7 nights is only 217 points. You'd have a much better chance at 7 months than BWV. Plus the rooms are huge. There is a sleeper chair in the living room if you should need that. The 2nd bedroom at BWV only has 1 queen bed and a sofa sleeper.

Highly recommend OKW.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Getting standard view at BWV at 7 months out is impossible...you will very likely get preferred view that is garden or pool view (not boardwalk view). You also likely won't get value 2BR at AKV...but probably would be able to get standard view. The 2BR at OKW will be about the same in points as the 2BR standard view at AKV. If you are trying to conserve points then you should go for one of those 2 as the preferred view at BWV will cost a lot of points. Here are some pros and cons of those 2:
OKW has more space and a great layout
both resorts will require busing to the parks and are kind of 'far' out
AKV- Kadani has an extra bathroom
AKV has much better theme-ing IMO
AKV has better dining options (Jiko is our very fave and Boma is up there on our list too).
OKW is very tranquil and quiet
OKW has boat to Downtown Disney
Never stayed at AKV, so not sure how their parking is...but OKW you park right at your villa building (great if you have a car).
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran

September, except for the last couple of days, is the slowest DVC month of the year. AKV Kidani standard and OKW 2BRs will definitely be available. Moreover, despite that many times of the year BWV standard and AKV value (at Jambo) are not available at 7 months out, both were available at 7 months out for mid-September 2012 so you even have a decent chance for either of those.

OKW 2BRs are huge; AKV Kidani 2BRs (which also has a third bathroom) are also significantly larger than BWV 2BRs and thus if large room size is important, choose one of those. Otherwise, I would likely choose BWV standard if you can get it because of BWV's location advantage.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
September, except for the last couple of days, is the slowest DVC month of the year. AKV Kidani standard and OKW 2BRs will definitely be available. Moreover, despite that many times of the year BWV standard and AKV value (at Jambo) are not available at 7 months out, both were available at 7 months out for mid-September 2012 so you even have a decent chance for either of those.

OKW 2BRs are huge; AKV Kidani 2BRs (which also has a third bathroom) are also significantly larger than BWV 2BRs and thus if large room size is important, choose one of those. Otherwise, I would likely choose BWV standard if you can get it because of BWV's location advantage.
I agree with this.

Xmas of 2011 we did a 2BR at OKW with my family of 5 and DH's parents. It was very do-able but not ideal (but our 3 kids were teens and required more space and longer times in the bathroom). Thank goodness it was OKW and we had all that room...we could not do it at BWV (though we did a 2BR there with our family of 5 and my mom...in 2006, when our kids were young, and it worked just fine).

Last edited by lovin'fl; 01-04-2013 at 08:53 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
TinkandGoofy'sMom
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at all three and AKV is my home resort. If you can get close to the Hospitality House at OKW you will be close to the main pool, gift shop and bus stop. It is a very nice, relaxing resort, but not much theme for kids. AKV is also very relaxing, and the views of the animals can't be beat. The pool at Kidani has a great splash area for little kids and a zero entry at the pool. There are tons of activities going on all the time. The buses are pretty reliable, and if you have a car, the parking is great. Quick service food at Jambo is a short walk (5 min) or shuttle bus away. The extra bathroom at AKV would be a bonus too. Many people perceive that AK is so far from three of the parks, but in my experience it is usually just a 20 min bus ride to MK, Epcot, and about 15 min to HS.

Aug 2008 POP
Dec 2009 POFQ
Jan 2011 POP
Oct 2011 AKV-Kidani
Jan 2012 OKW
Aug 2012 BWV & AKV
Oct 2012 sisters only at AKV-Kidani
Jan 2013 AKV-Jambo
Aug 2013 AKV & BLT
Up Next: Aulani Summer 2014
DVC owner @ AKV and SSR
TinkandGoofy'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote