Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Anyone remember what they paid for a Value in Fall 2012?

I am trying to price out what a value resort might cost for Sept/Oct of this next year so I am curious what people paid last year. The rack rates online right now seem really high (I know things have gone up a LOT since our last trip, so maybe I am just having sticker shock).

But what did you pay per night and was it a room only discount or some sort of package with free dining or anything?

Thanks!

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I guess I'm having trouble understanding your question. You are looking at prices for next fall (2014??) and already know what the prices are for this fall (2013), so why would you want to know the prices for last fall?

Yes, all of the prices have gone up for everything. And I doubt that we'll see Disney reducing rack rates any time soon. Then again, I'm paying more for gas, groceries, and electricity at home, too.

If you are just asking about the liklihood of a discount coming out for your dates, you can check over at mousesavers.com. They keep a historical record of resort discounts (release dates, effective dates and types of discounts). But don't count on the same discounts being offered in the future. Looks like Disney has started scaling back on these.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

I guess I didn't make it clear.

Yes, I can see the current rack rates for this year, so right now I am working off of that price (in case Disney doesn't offer any discounts). I was just curious what people remembered paying last Fall (2012) because I know this is a time of year that they occasionally offer discounts and I was curious what was offered last year (in case they offer anything like it again). I am sure even if they do offer anything it will all be slightly higher than last years rates...such is life, right?

Does anyone remember?

I did check mousesavers and I found some good info there, but I couldn't find last years discounts or room rates. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!

Last edited by DSNY4ever; 01-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY4ever
I guess I didn't make it clear.

Yes, I can see the current rack rates for this year, so right now I am working off of that price (in case Disney doesn't offer any discounts). I was just curious what people remembered paying last Fall (2012) because I know this is a time of year that they occasionally offer discounts and I was curious what was offered last year (in case they offer anything like it again). I am sure even if they do offer anything it will all be slightly higher than last years rates...such is life, right?

Does anyone remember?

I did check mousesavers and I found some good info there, but I couldn't find last years discounts or room rates. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place.
Here is the link for the past discounts:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...nts/#codechart
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: