Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Luis Rodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 435

2nd Day st Sea World?

Hi all,

Last time I went to Sea World (2008) they allowed you to visit for a 2nd day free, for the cost of a regular (1 day) ticket. Is this still valid?

Thanks in advance,

Luis
Luis Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,872

That promotion ended this past fall.

You can purchase a "fun card" instead which is the same price as a one day admission ($89) but allows you to visit an unlimited amount of days in 2013.
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Luis Rodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
That promotion ended this past fall.

You can purchase a "fun card" instead which is the same price as a one day admission ($89) but allows you to visit an unlimited amount of days in 2013.
Gina,
Thanks for your answer. It's somewhat more expensive as you can't buy it online ($89 vs $79), but still a good deal for a two day visit...

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards
Luis Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Rodriguez

Gina,
Thanks for your answer. It's somewhat more expensive as you can't buy it online ($89 vs $79), but still a good deal for a two day visit...

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards
You can buy fun cards online. That is how I purchased my cards for the kids.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Luis Rodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27

You can buy fun cards online. That is how I purchased my cards for the kids.
Angelmom,
Thanks for the info. Sea World's mobile web site shows fun cards with an "at the gate" tag, hence my original comment. Will check it out as soon as I get home.

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards
Luis Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Rodriguez

Angelmom,
Thanks for the info. Sea World's mobile web site shows fun cards with an "at the gate" tag, hence my original comment. Will check it out as soon as I get home.

Thanks again,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards
Hmm well hope it works out.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Luis Rodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 435

Just to update the thread: I contacted Sea World and they told that the 2nd day free option had to be bought ($10 per ticket) at the Vacation Experience Center, near the Sea Lion and Otter Stadium (inside the park).

Regards,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards
Luis Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer
 
dec2009mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC CANADA
Posts: 260

Hi,

Just want to confirm -- if I buy a one day pass and while at SW decide I want to go back for a second day I can upgrade for $10 to the fun pass somewhere within the park?

This would be great since I dont know if we want to do one or two days!
__________________
One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013
DL Visits: Aug 2005, NYE 2007, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012, May 2013
Feb 2014 with the DIVAs, May 2014 and Aug 2014

dec2009mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Luis Rodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec2009mama
Hi,

Just want to confirm -- if I buy a one day pass and while at SW decide I want to go back for a second day I can upgrade for $10 to the fun pass somewhere within the park?

This would be great since I dont know if we want to do one or two days!
That's right. You can buy your ticket either at the gate ($89) or online ($79) and, once inside the park, if you wish to do so, you can buy the 2nd day option (to be used in the next seven days).

Regards,

---
Luis Rodríguez

Sent from my HTC One S using DISBoards
Luis Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #10
autigger
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta , GA
Posts: 123

I called and asked Sea World about adding a day to the “Kids Play Free Package” and the customer service person told me that for ten dollars ($10) per person we could add a second day. I specifically asked if we could add the second day to our kids’ “free” ticket and she said yes.

Has anyone done this before? Is this information correct?
autigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by autigger
I called and asked Sea World about adding a day to the “Kids Play Free Package” and the customer service person told me that for ten dollars ($10) per person we could add a second day. I specifically asked if we could add the second day to our kids’ “free” ticket and she said yes.

Has anyone done this before? Is this information correct?
yes you just have to pay the $10. The first ticket fee is waived because of the promo but to get the 2nd day you have to pay for it. They won't know the difference between a paid childs ticket or a free one. They are all the same and you don't show your receipt when adding the 2nd day. You just go to GS and say you want to add a 2nd day.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #12
autigger
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta , GA
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
yes you just have to pay the $10. The first ticket fee is waived because of the promo but to get the 2nd day you have to pay for it. They won't know the difference between a paid childs ticket or a free one. They are all the same and you don't show your receipt when adding the 2nd day. You just go to GS and say you want to add a 2nd day.
Thank you for the helpful response! We will do the upgrade on our adult tickets and our kids' "free" tickets.
autigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
temom
Mouseketeer
 
temom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 121

Great tip

What a great tip
When are doing the Free dining deal for canadians on the first day and then we can decide if we need the 2nd day when we are at the park. Thanks Everyone
__________________
Pop Nov 2004
Pop Jan2008
Pop Nov 2010
Pop November 2011
Off Site March 2013
Beach Club March 2014

DS DM DH and ME
temom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran
 
2Pirates2Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 2,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27

yes you just have to pay the $10. The first ticket fee is waived because of the promo but to get the 2nd day you have to pay for it. They won't know the difference between a paid childs ticket or a free one. They are all the same and you don't show your receipt when adding the 2nd day. You just go to GS and say you want to add a 2nd day.

Thank you for posting this tip. We are strongly considering booking the kids free package and I know that if we go we will want a second day in the park.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
Nellas Elensar
DIS Veteran
 
Nellas Elensar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Forest of Lothlorien
Posts: 1,481

Any chance that they'll reinstate the 2nd day free program???
__________________
Here, I am known as Nellas Elensar, but in the magical realm, I am known as Hedwig the Owl.

Nellas Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: