Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
jworkkul
DIS Veteran

Staying at blt

I just booked a 7 day 6 night stay at BLT for this July. It will be my DDSIL and 4 month old granddaughter. I can't wait to bring her to WDW for the first time. This is why I chose to stay at BLT so we can go back and rest in the hot afternoons and then return for the evening. Also, we can go up to TOTW and view the fireworks if we don't want to go to any other parks. I think this will be a very restful vacation with my new granddaughter Princess Lily.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
married2mm
DIS Veteran

have a great trip.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworkkul
I just booked a 7 day 6 night stay at BLT for this July. It will be my DDSIL and 4 month old granddaughter. I can't wait to bring her to WDW for the first time. This is why I chose to stay at BLT so we can go back and rest in the hot afternoons and then return for the evening. Also, we can go up to TOTW and view the fireworks if we don't want to go to any other parks. I think this will be a very restful vacation with my new granddaughter Princess Lily.
We stayed at BLT 11/27-12/4 with a four month old for the very same reasons. Loved being on the monorail but loved cabs even more. I think next time we can stay anywhere and just budget for cabs. We loved being dropped off at the front of all the Parks instead of standing in line at the monorail and being crammed in like sardines. I worried about the people coughing and the baby catching something, but she made it fine.
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworkkul
We are excited, staying at BLT in march for a quick weekend getaway so only doing MK and Epcot so the location is perfect, will be DDs first ride on the monorail, you have an awesome trip planned
Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
colfr
Earning My Ears

JEALOUS! I bet you'll have an absolutely magical time - BLT is the ultimate dream for me!
Congratulations on the new little princess in the family, too!

colfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

We are staying there in June for that same reason!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

The OP doesn't mention if this is a paid stay or a stay using DVC points but I wanted to point out that the TOWL is available only to DVC members.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
jworkkul
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
The OP doesn't mention if this is a paid stay or a stay using DVC points but I wanted to point out that the TOWL is available only to DVC members.
Sorry, it's DVC points. My home is Saratoga Springs but because of the little one I thought BLT would be the best this year. We are local so don't have to worry about park commando. We've been only once since it opened and that was a long weekend.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworkkul View Post
Sorry, it's DVC points. My home is Saratoga Springs but because of the little one I thought BLT would be the best this year. We are local so don't have to worry about park commando. We've been only once since it opened and that was a long weekend.
Our home is BWV and I love it there, but BLT is the ultimate! We are staying there again in a few weeks and I cannot wait!!!
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworkkul View Post
You got at least a one bedroom, right? A studio will be very small for three adults and one child.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: