Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Tower of Terror 2013 - So confused!

Printed our waivers for the WDW half this morning. Second page is a list of all the upcoming RunDisney races - showing ToT to be held on Sept 27-28 2013.

Then I printed the Final Race Instructions - where it lists ToT to be Oct 2013.

Which is it? Anyone know?

There is an Air Force 1/2 Marathon in September that for today only, there is a $10 off special. If the ToT is in Sept, we'll pass on the Air Force. If it's in Oct, we'll do the Air Force one too. Grrrrrr...
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

I do not think anyone outside of runDisney knows at this point in time. The September weekend date has been published several times; however, the October placeholder is the most recent date published. I would normally say the original date of September would be accurate, but last year Disney changed up the fall season with the addition of the ToT and moving of the W&D. I would bet that the race folks are reviewing the heat issues with the 10-miler and attempting to determine if a move should occur. Obviously this decision comes too late for your discount.

Sorry a long was of saying I don't know
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
I do not think anyone outside of runDisney knows at this point in time. The September weekend date has been published several times; however, the October placeholder is the most recent date published. I would normally say the original date of September would be accurate, but last year Disney changed up the fall season with the addition of the ToT and moving of the W&D. I would bet that the race folks are reviewing the heat issues with the 10-miler and attempting to determine if a move should occur. Obviously this decision comes too late for your discount.

Sorry a long was of saying I don't know
Thanks Coach. This is what I suspected. Nuts...going to have to err on the side of caution and take a pass on the Air Force/Ohio run until we see how these dates all play out.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
Thanks Coach. This is what I suspected. Nuts...going to have to err on the side of caution and take a pass on the Air Force/Ohio run until we see how these dates all play out.
The Air Force half was one of those races I did this past year...cool...what they do before they race starts. I mark it in my book as a 'checked' and done that.
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofeygirl

The Air Force half was one of those races I did this past year...cool...what they do before they race starts. I mark it in my book as a 'checked' and done that.
Dates just announced - Oct 4th - 6th.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Was kind of hoping the Oct 5th date wasn't it because I'm planning the Spartan Beast that weekend in Wisconsin.

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

I'm all for October. In fact, I want it to happen while DH and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary at the world (10/17-10/20/13). I mean, NOTHING is more romantic than running a 10 mile race together!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal
Printed our waivers for the WDW half this morning. Second page is a list of all the upcoming RunDisney races - showing ToT to be held on Sept 27-28 2013.

Then I printed the Final Race Instructions - where it lists ToT to be Oct 2013.

Which is it? Anyone know?

There is an Air Force 1/2 Marathon in September that for today only, there is a $10 off special. If the ToT is in Sept, we'll pass on the Air Force. If it's in Oct, we'll do the Air Force one too. Grrrrrr...
I hope they figure it out soon! I like to plan thru work.

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
sunshine269
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when registration for TOT opens?

Jennifer
sunshine269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
McCoy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine269 View Post
Does anyone know when registration for TOT opens?

Jennifer
EDITED 1/24: Based on the entry fee pricing tiers posted on RunDisney, I am now guessing registration will open on 2/26, rather than the two earlier dates I mentioned.

They haven't announced yet when registration opens, that I have seen anyway.

I believe that registration opened last year on Valentine's Day, though not 100%. So, if it opens up mid-February again, and Disney seems to typically have registrations open on a Tuesday, it would seem that either 2/12 or 2/19 would be a good guess as to when it might open. But, with the race a week later this year as well, perhaps even 2/26.

These are simply guesses for now though! I would expect an announcement pretty soon, I would think.

Last edited by McCoy; 01-24-2013 at 02:41 PM.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
sunshine269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy

EDITED 1/24: Based on the entry fee pricing tiers posted on RunDisney, I am now guessing registration will open on 2/26, rather than the two earlier dates I mentioned.

They haven't announced yet when registration opens, that I have seen anyway.

I believe that registration opened last year on Valentine's Day, though not 100%. So, if it opens up mid-February again, and Disney seems to typically have registrations open on a Tuesday, it would seem that either 2/12 or 2/19 would be a good guess as to when it might open. But, with the race a week later this year as well, perhaps even 2/26.

These are simply guesses for now though! I would expect an announcement pretty soon, I would think.
Thank you!!

Jennifer
Old 01-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
capeseal
DIS Veteran

From what I heard, early in the party it was easy to access the big rides and even ride multiple times. When I finished (a little more than 2 hours after race start) it seemed fairly crowded but, honestly, some of that may have been all of the runners on the ground. The heat and humidity were oppressive and there were lots of sick and exhausted runners post-race. I was so bummed that we didn't get to do anything fun in the park after because all that I was capable of was stumbling back down the path to the Yacht Club.

This year we are (very) tentatively planning to do Wine & Dine. I am hoping November offers more forgiving temperatures so that I can enjoy the after-party
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Just booked a trip for the Oct dates and hoping to run the ToT race. It will be my first ever big race. BFF is running it with me for moral support. I'm so excited although I'm a little sad to hear about how crowded the party was last year. Hoping for the best!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; November 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; January 2016 - Disney Magic
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
McCoy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
Looks like my guess was incorrect! February 12 it is!

-------------------------
Registration

Registration for the 2013 The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend will begin on February 12, 2013.
-------------------------
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
sunshine269
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed the race last year. Didn't think it was too bad at all. I'm really looking forward to it again this year.

Jennifer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: