Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
amos07
Mouseketeer

Pin Code Dilema

We are originally booked for October 21-28 to celebrate our daughters 4th birthday. I have a pin for 35% off until September 28th, and I can use it on either a Theme Park View Tower room at the Contemporary or a 1 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower for the dates of September 16h-23rd. We really wanted to travel over her birthday but looking at past discounts it looks like Theme Park view rooms were excluded and most of the times no 1 bedroom bay lake tower rooms are available when the discounts come out.

Has anyone been in September who can tell me what weather and crowds are like? I am worried about the high chance of hurricane and all the rain that seems to come in September. I really dunno if I should change dates or not with that good of a discount.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

We have been both weeks you are looking at. I did not find the crowd difference to be all that great, but the weather was more pleasant in October. However, if I had the discount you have I would not hesitate to go in September. Both months are in hurricane season, and you may want to have trip insurance either way....Best of luck!
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amos07 View Post
We are originally booked for October 21-28 to celebrate our daughters 4th birthday. I have a pin for 35% off until September 28th, and I can use it on either a Theme Park View Tower room at the Contemporary or a 1 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower for the dates of September 16h-23rd. We really wanted to travel over her birthday but looking at past discounts it looks like Theme Park view rooms were excluded and most of the times no 1 bedroom bay lake tower rooms are available when the discounts come out.

Has anyone been in September who can tell me what weather and crowds are like? I am worried about the high chance of hurricane and all the rain that seems to come in September. I really dunno if I should change dates or not with that good of a discount.
I have the same problem you do. We LOVE the end of October, but with the 35% PIN we save almost $1,600 That is a whole nother vacation. We booked 9-21 thru 9-28, but I am still wishing that I might get the same offer for the end of October.

We have gone the same time in September before and have had wonderful weather. But October to be is the perfect time to go to Disney and the weather is still wonderful just a slight cooler.

If I was you, I would book with the PIN for September just to save the money. BUT just like me I would keep my eye out for the discount for October. Wishing both of us with some extra pixie dust

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
amos07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I have the same problem you do. We LOVE the end of October, but with the 35% PIN we save almost $1,600 That is a whole nother vacation. We booked 9-21 thru 9-28, but I am still wishing that I might get the same offer for the end of October.

We have gone the same time in September before and have had wonderful weather. But October to be is the perfect time to go to Disney and the weather is still wonderful just a slight cooler.

If I was you, I would book with the PIN for September just to save the money. BUT just like me I would keep my eye out for the discount for October. Wishing both of us with some extra pixie dust
We actually decided to go with May instead of September so we would be completely out of hurricane season. We have gone in May before and loved it but I am secretly hoping to get a pin for October some time in the next couple months so we could switch back. Discounts just aren't looking as good as they used to so we figured there was no way we could give up such a good deal.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I was wondering why your ticker said 4 months. Well I hope you have a wonderful time and I will keep wishing for that October PIN. I totally understand what you mean about discounts not as good. Make saving and planning harder.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
amos07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I was wondering why your ticker said 4 months. Well I hope you have a wonderful time and I will keep wishing for that October PIN. I totally understand what you mean about discounts not as good. Make saving and planning harder.
Thanks! I will still be hoping for an October pin but I know that with moving the trip up to May it makes it a little more unrealistic. I hope you are able to get your pin though and that it's just as good!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: