Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
shillee
Mouseketeer

Miami - hotel recommendations

Hi all,

We are sailing out of Miami in February and need to book a hotel for the night before.

I believe if I book Disney transportation I need to stay near/at the airport?

We will have two small children and no car seats. So we won't be renting a car. Is there any other way to get from the airport or a hotel to the port if we decide to go on our own?

Where are other people staying and how are you getting to the port?

1996 - Off Site, 1997 - Off Site, 1999 - ASMu, 2000 - BW, 2000 - Disneyland Paris, 2001 - May at ASMu, 2001 - December at CS, 2002 - September at ASMu, 2002 - December - Getting Married at WDW!!!, 2003 - December & DCL Wonder, 2004 - December, 2005 - December, 2006 - December, 2007 - December, 2008 - September - Disneyland, 2008 - December - Off Site, 2010 - Off Site (Windsor Hills Townhouse), 2011 - November - Off Site, 2012 - February - DCL - Magic 7 Night Eastern, 2012 - November at POR, 2013 - DCL B2B Miami on the Wonder, 2013 - November at CB
shillee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillee View Post
Hi all,

We are sailing out of Miami in February and need to book a hotel for the night before.

I believe if I book Disney transportation I need to stay near/at the airport?

We will have two small children and no car seats. So we won't be renting a car. Is there any other way to get from the airport or a hotel to the port if we decide to go on our own?

Where are other people staying and how are you getting to the port?
I have not stayed at at either of these hotels and do not know the Miami area but I found two chain hotels, near the airport you might consider.

The LaQuinta (305) 871-1777, has a free shuttle from the Miami airport and to the port

Embassy Suites Miami, Int. Airport, has a free shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the port at $10 each.

Hope this helps
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

The Embassy Suites are very nice with breakfast in the morning and a free evening cocktail hour. The hotel is very nice with a tropical interior. All rooms open to the interior which overlook the garden area. They do offer a shuttle but have never used it.
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinwithmaandpa View Post
The Embassy Suites are very nice with breakfast in the morning and a free evening cocktail hour. The hotel is very nice with a tropical interior. All rooms open to the interior which overlook the garden area. They do offer a shuttle but have never used it.
I also forgot to mention with Embassy being all suites you get a separate bedroom, either king or two queens, microwave, refrigerator, sofa sleeper, very nice pool area and hot tub. It also has a dining room and fitness facility.

My next favorite hotel is Doubletree Biscayne Bay.
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
socialgal
Earning My Ears

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon (http://www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com/) and at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown (http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/). They are both nice and clean hotels with breakfast included and free Wi-Fi. They also have a paid shuttle to the port (I don't have children, so I didn't ask, but I assume that the shuttle company may provide car seats for children... Anyway, front desk should know it.) If you are going to spend some time in Miami, the hotel in downtown has more options for dinning and entertainment.
socialgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

I highly recommend InterContinental Miami!!

December 2010 - MVMCP
October 2011 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MNSSHP
September 2012 - Disney Magic Canada
March 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western
December 2014 - Disney Wonder Western and MVMCP
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: