Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

Disney website - someone should be fired

I'm generally easy going but the debacle that has been the Disney website change is irritating and mind-boggling. Over the last several days I've managed to book a vacation and dining reservations but not without multiple messages stating the server was busy, the website was down or my reservations could not be retrieved, in addition to several phone calls involving lengthy waits and sketchy connections. How can a company as profitable as Disney not test a website before launch and not promptly fix any bugs? I'm assuming Disney doesn't care about their customers' satisfaction.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
NORMA MUNOZ
DIS VETERAN

Im also having problems with the new website. Im trying to make a reservation and its not letting me is says server busy. Agh

So annoying!!!
2006 ALL STAR MOVIES CHRISTMAS BREAK.
DISNEYLAND IN CALIFORNIA TOO MANY TO COUNT.
ME DS14 DS12
NORMA MUNOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Art 1
DIS Veteran

I agree, it's awful.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
mrsR123
Mad about the mouse
Teacher, teacher, can you teach me?

It's probably no consolation, but their websites have been notoriously terrible for as long as I can remember-- including the inception of the go.com debacle.

Chances are, though, that your actual trip will go off with far fewer hitches. Have fun.
mrsR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

I'm totally frustrated with it - it's finally time to do online check in - which is a great milestone for any trip and the darn site keeps giving me the message that online check in is down try again later. I could just scream! Well not really but I am frustrated. Yes, I know it's not life altering and I can do regular check in when we get there but I like online check in!!

OK vent over...

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
FirstTripEver
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down Horrible!

It is BEYOND frustrating. Complete & utter waste of time!

FirstTripEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #7
duckie1231
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
I'm totally frustrated with it - it's finally time to do online check in - which is a great milestone for any trip and the darn site keeps giving me the message that online check in is down try again later. I could just scream! Well not really but I am frustrated. Yes, I know it's not life altering and I can do regular check in when we get there but I like online check in!!

OK vent over...
I was having the same issue. I went to the website from my Ipad, that took me to the old site and I was able to do online check in from there with no problem.
duckie1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
firsttimer2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsR123 View Post
It's probably no consolation, but their websites have been notoriously terrible for as long as I can remember-- including the inception of the go.com debacle.

Chances are, though, that your actual trip will go off with far fewer hitches. Have fun.
completely agree!

Several years ago we stopped staying on site and making reservations for dining because their website was so ---well----awful!

Now planning a trip to disney is easy. we start with VRBO and then eat at quick service or snack places until we get really hungry, we then leave the park to eat at an off site table serve place. IT HAS BEEN GREAT!

The only hard part is telling the kids we are not eatting at any table service places in Disney.

As for the disney website, they need to just click around on the internet, see how other places set up their website and copy!!!! There is NO magic on their website.----or maybe figuring it out takes magic
Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
disneynewbee
DIS Veteran

All of their sites are bad. The trip is over and now I'm dealing with the photopass site.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
WDWPooh
Mouseketeer

I made a payment over the phone today and when I had the automated system read me my details it had my dining all wrong. So I had to bother a CM. And she just couldnt understand any of it. I mean think of it in that perspective...how much time CMs are spending on the phone helping people who already have reservations find them and fix thigns instead. Gotta be frustrating to them to say the least.
HATE IT
WDWPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

It still can't find my package reservation.
DanInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
Tinkerbell1013
Can't get enough of that Mouse!

Tried to cancel a dining reservation yesterday and the website was down and every phone number I tried (dining and reservations) were down. Wanted to - but I didn't. Disliking this new website!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #13
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award

sometimes it seems to function better when using mozilla
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynewbee View Post
All of their sites are bad. The trip is over and now I'm dealing with the photopass site.
Same here!! The photpass site makes me want to pull my hair out! I am also trying to find park hours on their new WDW site and I can not find a thing! We are heading back to the World in July and I am not looking forward to dealing with the site!
My family: DH (Dan 35), Me (Katie 30), dd (Shelby 7), & dd(Madilynne 6) Baby #3 due 8/2/14

katieam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #15
awoogala
Mouseketeer

It has been a nightmare. A multi billion dollar website goes live with something like this, and an inability for the old site to work, too? Inexcusable. All my dining reservations are inaccessible. They "can't find them" or the phone number doesn't match.. which is funny, since all those reservations were listed on my account on the last website. I am livid- I leave in 14 days, and wanted to finalize/change some reservations!

awoogala is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: